PDA

View Full Version : Farrier Charges

cameroncara
11-May-10, 21:56
Hiya,
Just wondering what people are paying roughly at the moment for their horses to be shod or trimmed.

Kathy@watten
12-May-10, 08:19
I am about £25 for a trim, and £68 + vat for shoes, it's extra for stud holes and anything fancy, I use Keith Hedley and believe you get what you pay for so tho it seems expensive..I have never had as hoof problem or bad service or the non turn up thing and if I need a job doing ASAP he pops up and does it. That's worth it to me and I don't even need to be there as he is happy to just get on with it!

cameroncara
12-May-10, 09:46
Is it ok to claim back VAT on horse shoes??? #Something i have never done but if i can i will. x

TP3980
12-May-10, 12:53
We also use Keith Hedley, £25 as previous post. Always seemed good value to us. Have used Nick from Lairg in past, again same sort of money. Although much harder to get a hold of.

cameroncara
13-May-10, 09:41
Thanks for the information, my accountant has said that as we use them with the sheep its ok also they are part of "grazing management" dont you love it!!

landy
13-May-10, 15:53
is that right ,can you claim vat back on shoes and trims if part of grazing mgt ???yipeeee if you can

cameroncara
13-May-10, 18:45
Thats what he told me and if you have to travel to see your livestock and you use the horse its also covered.