PDA

View Full Version : Who's gigging this weekend?

Deemac
08-Jun-06, 20:27
Just thought I'd start a thread and see how many bands/musicians were gigging/playing/recording this weekend? Would be interested to know how active the scene is, that's all. (NO other reason).

What sort of gig is it etc? Private (wedding, dinner dance), public (pub, club, village hall etc) or just a practise/party for the band/invited guests. Recording session etc.

Pure nosiness that's all. (and start a new thread going that's NOT a video link!!)

I'll start the ball rolling - Whisky are playing on Saturday in the Weigh Inn at a private wedding.

Any takers?

Jeid
08-Jun-06, 23:06
Astronot are rehearsing on tuesday!

zebedy
08-Jun-06, 23:06
was giggin e nite with my jazz band

We played two songs by Ernie Handcok or sutin

I play bass.. and we won ... it was a comp.. now we compete on monday!

Chobbersjnr
09-Jun-06, 02:06
Just thought I'd start a thread and see how many bands/musicians were gigging/playing/recording this weekend? Would be interested to know how active the scene is, that's all. (NO other reason).

What sort of gig is it etc? Private (wedding, dinner dance), public (pub, club, village hall etc) or just a practise/party for the band/invited guests. Recording session etc.

Pure nosiness that's all. (and start a new thread going that's NOT a video link!!)

I'll start the ball rolling - Whisky are playing on Saturday in the Weigh Inn at a private wedding.

Any takers?

yep I'm in deemac

HERBIE HANCOCK....................did someone say Herbie

anyone for Chameleon...................I BAGZ DRUMS.....................

Niall Fernie
09-Jun-06, 08:29
Of course if you do manage to get it on video.... :lol:

moncur
09-Jun-06, 08:50
Empty Fortune are playing in the Central on Sunday evening. Got some more new tunes done the other night.

goggs1987
09-Jun-06, 09:25
Crimson tide are jamming/practicing this weekend :D .............. got gigs coming up in few weeks time: couple at Hootanannys in Invershnecky,Trying to sort one for Aberdeen (cafe drums, or tunnels) ... getting one on the go in Perth - and of course, Thurso soon!
oh yeah - and one in Golspie..... 6th of August i think, correct me if im wrong - chobbersjnr :lol: !

Thomas Farmer
09-Jun-06, 15:14
Wick band ECLIPSE playing wedding North Wales on Sat.

Chobbersjnr
09-Jun-06, 16:36
Crimson tide are jamming/practicing this weekend :D .............. got gigs coming up in few weeks time: couple at Hootanannys in Invershnecky,Trying to sort one for Aberdeen (cafe drums, or tunnels) ... getting one on the go in Perth - and of course, Thurso soon!
oh yeah - and one in Golspie..... 6th of August i think, correct me if im wrong - chobbersjnr :lol: !

OK I will

it's the 5th

Deemac
09-Jun-06, 18:21
Of course if you do manage to get it on video.... :lol:

Naill,
Don't worry onto my 3rd DVD so far (that's about 5 plus hours of stuff!!) I'm getting there slowly . . . . . . Just these's gigs get in the way. (and there much more fun)

Deemac
09-Jun-06, 18:23
yep I'm in deemac

HERBIE HANCOCK....................did someone say Herbie

anyone for Chameleon...................I BAGZ DRUMS.....................

Chobbers, not sure which part Rossie will handle. I'll do synth bass if your on drums. I take it the full 17 minute version?

Deemac
09-Jun-06, 18:25
All,

Good to see there's different stuff happening in the North musically. I think most bands just get on with their own thing in isolation without knowing what others are up to.

Keep up the posts.

Deemac
09-Jun-06, 18:29

Wow, that's a fair trek!! (Hope the fee is superb).

Wonder what the furthest distance a local band travels to for a gig is?

Whisky's best one is Edinburgh in December this year.

Gleber2
09-Jun-06, 18:37
Wow, that's a fair trek!! (Hope the fee is superb).

Wonder what the furthest distance a local band travels to for a gig is?

Whisky's best one is Edinburgh in December this year.

I'm gigging in Sirius Major if I can get high enough. Anyone going further than that.

Gleber2
09-Jun-06, 18:43
I'm gigging in Sirius Major if I can get high enough. Anyone going further than that.

I'm going to metamorphisize (yousa what a word) into Mr. Slaters parrot..........so I'll be on your shoulder all the way.............................because Geoff from "As The Sun" blue tacked me there[lol]

anyway the furthest I've travelled for a gig was Leightonstone (London) on the same day as the G8 concert in a venue called (I love this) The Sheepwalk!!!! & mansefield was no small trek either

man there was some traffic...............

Chobbersjnr
09-Jun-06, 18:44
I'm going to metamorphisize (yousa what a word) into Mr. Slaters parrot..........so I'll be on your shoulder all the way.............................because Geoff from "As The Sun" blue tacked me there[lol]

anyway the furthest I've travelled for a gig was Leightonstone (London) on the same day as the G8 concert in a venue called (I love this) The Sheepwalk!!!! & mansefield was no small trek either

man there was some traffic...............

man this sucketh that should've been me

theweemidget
09-Jun-06, 21:15
i sense a wee bit of competition here [lol] Now now there is a time and a place for rivalry and that place is the stage duelling banjo's style:lol:

zebedy
10-Jun-06, 15:13

saw u guys at the alst wedding in the weigh inn.. i work there// /they were really awesome! great sound nice tunes...

time slots were wired... but hey .. its a guessing game with the weddings!

Thomas Farmer
10-Jun-06, 16:40
Cheers Zeb. Will pass that on to the guys.
They play the holiday camp circuit through the week and wedd's n' functions at weekends, mostly southern Scotland and England. a lot of travel but thats where the money is

tierce-de-picardie
12-Jun-06, 16:37
oh my zebedy. Ernie Handcok! Ill remember that one lol.
Only one of the pieces was a Hancock piece. The other was 'Caravan' by Duke Ellington. (hes the man was the man im not sure on his current life status lol)

Im giggin at Fortrose theatre down Inverness way on wednesday night. Some interesting proggy metal should be a laugh at least.

Chobbersjnr
12-Jun-06, 17:07
im not sure on his current life status lol).

dead.............as far as I know

moncur
12-Jun-06, 19:46
Was anyone in the central last night to see a dude join us for a bit of a rap session in the middle of our set? I think it was the highlight of the night

tierce-de-picardie
12-Jun-06, 22:00
was he called martin by any chance?

Jeid
12-Jun-06, 22:29
It was my mom. It happens, some people think she's a dude.

moncur
13-Jun-06, 08:21
I've not a scooby what his name was. older chap wi skinhead i think. He sure can bust a move aswell. Robot, Moonwalk, u name it, he did it! Oh and Jeid, when did u become american? Its not spelt 'mom' its spelt 'mither'!

Jeid
13-Jun-06, 08:40
I'm a part time yank... bite me!

moncur
13-Jun-06, 09:36
No thanks, I dont snack between meals. plus ur a skinny wee thing anyway, theres nowt on u!

Jeid
13-Jun-06, 09:39
You're no too chubby yourself!

moncur
13-Jun-06, 10:10
Hey I'm slowly but surely piling the beef back on! all thanks to alcohol and plenty of barbecues at the weekends!

Jeid
13-Jun-06, 10:44
You'll get chubby!

I got band practise tonight! W00t!

moncur
13-Jun-06, 11:03
u got any gigs planned?

Jeid
13-Jun-06, 11:32
We'll be working on that. Gotta make music first!