PDA

View Full Version : Derren brown

katarina
11-May-10, 09:23
Just know some one is going to start a thread about last night's program. thought I'd get in there first!

ducati
11-May-10, 23:44
Seems you over estimated the hysteria [lol]

shazzap
11-May-10, 23:48
Just know some one is going to start a thread about last night's program. thought I'd get in there first!

Who????????

catran
12-May-10, 21:06

Who is he and what programme, what is the excitement?

katarina
16-May-10, 18:57
http://www.channel4.com/programmes/derren-brown-investigates/4od#3070704

Tilly Teckel
16-May-10, 18:59
Love Derren Brown but missed the programme :( How was it??

Invisible
16-May-10, 19:15
Just know some one is going to start a thread about last night's program!

I knew you were gonna say that:D

katarina
17-May-10, 15:29
Love Derren Brown but missed the programme :( How was it??

It was very interesting. i like the way he does not say that psychics are charlatans, but that they MAY be talking to the spirits. However, he himself seems to have a very developed sixth sense naturally, and has extended this learning conjuring tricks etc. he could very easily make a fortune by conning people into believing that he can talk to the dead.
So whether there are real psychics out there, or people other people like him who are less than honest, he has a series of programs trying to find out.
I didn't like the suposed psychic he was investigating though. He was too ambitious, too keen to get his face on TV, charged far too much for a sitting. when he got a reading pretty much wrong he blamed derren Brown for having spoken to the woman before and got quite stroppy. and when they both did a reading for the same girl, derren Brown did it better.

Tilly Teckel
17-May-10, 15:35
Think I'll try to catch the prog on the net., sounds interesting. As you say, he could easily make a fortune doing what they do but has too much integrity. My personal view is that some people delude themselves into thinking they have these 'powers' and others delude themselves into believing them. I'd honestly like to see it made illegal but I guess that'll never happen.

katarina
17-May-10, 15:46
Think I'll try to catch the prog on the net., sounds interesting. As you say, he could easily make a fortune doing what they do but has too much integrity. My personal view is that some people delude themselves into thinking they have these 'powers' and others delude themselves into believing them. I'd honestly like to see it made illegal but I guess that'll never happen.

First they'd have to prove that they do not have those powers. And THAT will never happen, just as no one can prove that they do.
I think we all have a sixth sense all developed to a different degree. Call it mother's intuition, a 'feeling', or just knowing who's calling before you pick up the phone. Weird! This week he is investigating a guy who claims he can give people back their sight by psychic means - I think that's right - I may be wrong, but it's something like that. Personally I think he'll debunk that scam fairly easily.