PDA

View Full Version : What Happens now?

ducati
11-May-10, 07:56
What happens now? What will Brown's legacy be?

Any predictions? I'll start

Clegg Deputy PM :roll:

Ed Balls :eek: PM

Mandy Chancellor

New election called after irrevocable breakdown over the Commons toilet rota. (or somesuch) within 6 months.

At the election LD decimated as a force in politics as the electorate have realised they stand for nothing except wanting power.

Labour continues to lose seats hand over fist, as by now, we are in a similar position to Greece, Spain and Portugal.

Conservatives win in a landslide with a massive majority and rule for 100 years :Razz

Phill
11-May-10, 08:15
Broon leaves politics and becomes the next Jeremy Kyle.

Miliband becomes PM

T'other Miliband becomes Chancellor

Darling takes the huff and joins the backbenchers.

Clegg gets a cabinet position for a few weeks to make the deal look good.

Vince Cable defects to the tories.

Cameron gets the sack for not cutting a deal with the liberals.

Thatcher is dragged out as the new leader of the popular opposition.

Flashman
11-May-10, 08:24
The fact that Center Left and Center Right in this country cant stand each other and wont work together is hardly solid ground for a PR system.

The whole point of this system is to foster coperation between the political spectrums for the common good of the country.

I think most countries who use PR would see this whole progressive forces just to simply keep the Conservatives out at all costs as very childish politics... the SNP are hypocrites in this as they actually vote WITH the Conservatives in Scotland on many issues.

I would still bet on a Con Lib Dem coalition but with Mandelson pulling the strings I would not bet against Labour trying to hold onto power rather than regrouping and forming an effective opposition.

Kevin Milkins
11-May-10, 08:33
The debate seems to have turned from which group of pigs takes their place at the trough? to, how much bigger can we make the trough?

Gronnuck
11-May-10, 09:00
:roll: Whatever combination forms the next government we’re all going to be poorer and more miserable than we were last month. [disgust]

bekisman
11-May-10, 09:49
Have I got this right?

If the LibDems support Labour in a coalition, then the Tory party which won the most votes and have the most MP's will be classed as 'The Opposition'?

If the LibDems support Labour in a coalition, because Labour offers them more ref of the voting system, does this not mean that the LibDems are looking after their own narrow interests instead of the Nation as a whole?

If the LibDems support Labour in a coalition with the support of the Scottish National Party and Plaid Cymru, does this mean that the Government of Britain is by Nationalist Parties for which the English (the vast majority) could not vote?

Hmmm

ducati
11-May-10, 10:06
Have I got this right?

If the LibDems support Labour in a coalition, then the Tory party which won the most votes and have the most MP's will be classed as 'The Opposition'?

If the LibDems support Labour in a coalition, because Labour offers them more ref of the voting system, does this not mean that the LibDems are looking after their own narrow interests instead of the Nation as a whole?

If the LibDems support Labour in a coalition with the support of the Scottish National Party and Plaid Cymru, does this mean that the Government of Britain is by Nationalist Parties for which the English (the vast majority) could not vote?

Hmmm

By George,[lol] he's got it!

Bazeye
12-May-10, 01:16
We are now known as the CON-DEM-Nation

horseman
12-May-10, 06:59
+Mandy chancellor----I'm just about to heave up my brekky'

ducati
12-May-10, 08:26
We are now known as the CON-DEM-Nation

Would LIB-CONs be any better? Hmmmm :eek:

bagpuss
12-May-10, 22:53
keep in mind that things were fine -even with Blair- until George W Bush bounced on to the world stage- the scandals over the US sub prime mortgages and hedge funds; his wars and the 'war on terror' infected world politics.

In one way Mrs T- who used to tell US presidents where to go and handbagged them if they didn'tdoes emerge as a hero.

I was at a party this evening where the champagne was still being swigged with gusto by Tory party members- and the one Tory I think should be in power was making some very astute comment on Dave and Nick. Anne Widdecombe for leader- soon please- those Cabinet members need a good strict nanny telling them what to do

Anfield
12-May-10, 23:01
I have heard nothing over the last couple of days about a change in voting system, and the BBC's summary make no mention of it either.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/election_2010/8677088.stm

So what concessions did Cameron offer to the LD's (apart from Clegg getting a new job)

Puzzled
12-May-10, 23:07
I have heard nothing over the last couple of days about a change in voting system, and the BBC's summary make no mention of it either.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/election_2010/8677088.stm

So what concessions did Cameron offer to the LD's (apart from Clegg getting a new job)

Think it is called getting 'a leg up'!:lol: