PDA

View Full Version : Not used to this! / Snow (Merged)

pegasus
10-May-10, 20:01
Snow in May! What's happening? :confused

colingel
10-May-10, 20:04
Eh !!!!!!!!Its Caithness LOL

sandyr1
10-May-10, 20:05
Same here in Southern Ontario...Lt snow just North of Toronto......A wee bitty unusual! Nice tho'.......

Leanne
10-May-10, 20:57
Global warming...

Stack Rock
10-May-10, 21:13
Only 2C in Wick at present.

Dadie
10-May-10, 21:26
Lambing??
Always snow/sleet/hail for that!
We had snow/hail the last 2 years in june as well (I know because it arrived on the days I had for Laurens parties!)

pegasus
10-May-10, 22:01
Lambing??
Always snow/sleet/hail for that!

AW, poor wee lambikins!

sweetpea
10-May-10, 22:05
It's the MAY GOBS. Happens every year usually when there are little lambies and baby bunnies in my case, lol.

sandyr1
10-May-10, 22:14
It's the MAY GOBS. Happens every year usually when there are little lambies and baby bunnies in my case, lol.

Long long time since I heard of the 'Gobs'!
Any idea where that came from??? s

Doreen
11-May-10, 07:08
Wow am i dreaming jusst got up and opened my curtains its snowing heavy the place is white looks like xmas .

Stack Rock
11-May-10, 07:39
Thankfully no such white stuff on the Wick end. Only traces on the car roof.

shamrock2007
11-May-10, 08:33
It was snowing sideways in Staxigoe at 3am but thankfully nothing here now! OH had to scrape the car before heading off. Its crazy!

Tighsonas4
11-May-10, 09:36
it was blind drift up spittal am yesterday morning. here in wick in wick we had a short blast of it at about 5 last night, lasted no time and never lay even on the cars. no the time for the suncream yet [lol] tony

Tighsonas4
11-May-10, 09:48
Long long time since I heard of the 'Gobs'!
Any idea where that came from??? s
its been a common saying here in caithness for as far as i can remember
april = schodacs storm
may = may the gobs, as to the origin i have no idea keep cheery [lol] tony

sandyr1
11-May-10, 12:10
Yes, I remember the Words.....last time... some 45 years ago.....just been such a long time since I heard them....s

Kodiak
11-May-10, 13:47
At 07.15 this morning the snow was falling in big flakes and the coulds were heavy with snow. My Car was coverd with at least 1" of Snow as was my Garden. OK it was all gone by mid morning but that is quite a lot of Snow for the 11th of May.

Kodiak
11-May-10, 13:59
ARGHH!!! The time is 1400 and I have just looked out my window and it is a Blizzard of snow outside. It is BIG Flakes as well and it is starting to stick. I HATE the snow. :(

sjj278
11-May-10, 18:27
Global warming...

I was hoping that it was gonna get warmer not start an ice age.....

Leanne
11-May-10, 18:43
I was hoping that it was gonna get warmer not start an ice age.....

That's the alternative theory... Warmer at the equator but increased moisture in the air from the warming will fall as snow in more northerly areas. Allegedly over time this will result in a lowering of the overall temperatures and another ice age. This is Steven Dawkin's theory and I can see where he got the idea...

pegasus
11-May-10, 20:40
This thingamajig called the 'May Gobs' is responsible for all the open hearths in my house being covered with drops of soot. No sooner, cleaned them all and the skies decide to open up with a vengeance. Result same all over again, throughout the day. Never seen the likes! Maybe I should leave the hearths alone untill the 'June Gales' come along. Anyone else have this problem? :roll: