PDA

View Full Version : Ladies Night

Miss X
10-May-10, 19:36
Hi ladies, whos going to the strippers and drag act at the Waterfront. Check out the website www.flashdancer.co.uk (http://www.flashdancer.co.uk) the strippers look pretty fit and the drag act looks like it could be a rite good laff too.

Julia
10-May-10, 19:46
I heard it's £25 a ticket, sounds a bit steep! :eek:

wicker2
11-May-10, 20:04
I don't think £25 is too steep !!! look at the strippers !!! and a comedy drag act !!! I think it will be a good laugh !!! its for a local charity too so come on ladies don't we all need a good girls night oot !!! :)

sjr014
11-May-10, 21:06
Im with Julia 25 notes til watch some sados take their clothes of in e Waterfront no thanks!

emszxr
11-May-10, 21:09
which of the strippers are coming up, i assume it wont be all of them??

goldenguernsey
11-May-10, 21:57
Hi ladies, whos going to the strippers and drag act at the Waterfront. Check out the website www.flashdancer.co.uk (http://www.flashdancer.co.uk) the strippers look pretty fit and the drag act looks like it could be a rite good laff too.

When is this happening?

Julia
11-May-10, 22:07
Maybe it's just me but the thought of some guys with overblown egos strutting about with no kit on does nothing for me in the slightest...

What if the boot were on the other foot, imagine the uproar if it were female strippers coming to town

wicker2
11-May-10, 22:15
Friday the 28th of May in the Waterfront, these guys look hot !!! come on girls its more about the laugh !!! when was the last time you got the chance to see male strippers in Caithness ? I have never even seen a comedy drag act up here at all ?

It will be fun to do something different.

p.s I have heard they are brillant, and the comedy drag is hilarous

Fran
11-May-10, 22:23
Is it you that is organising it?

wicker2
11-May-10, 22:27
no, but I do think it will be good night oot, have you checked them out online ? thats where I got info

LMS
11-May-10, 22:41
I was at strippers in Flicks (ahem, that wasn't yesterday) and the strippers were a herd of posing twits. However, the highlight for me was seeing all the middle-aged wifies going nuts! That was the entertainment, not some baby-oiled slime ball.

horseman
12-May-10, 07:32
Hope you realise you are supposed to 'engage'----;)

LMS
12-May-10, 08:19
'Engage' - howk, spew, howk. You've put me off my porridge.

ducati
12-May-10, 08:24
Another one for the Lead Balloon archive? :Razz

katarina
12-May-10, 09:20
for goodness sake - see one you've seen them all! What's funny about a load of egomaniacs flashing their uglies? I'd rather go to a live drawing class!

scorrie
12-May-10, 16:47
Amazing that those trying to hype this up are new members. Donate £25 direct to a charity instead!! Perhaps the "Broken Down Strippers Society" might be a needy cause ;)

golach
12-May-10, 16:51
Amazing that those trying to hype this up are new members. Donate £25 direct to a charity instead!! Perhaps the "Broken Down Strippers Society" might be a needy cause ;)

I noticed that also, but put it down to my suspicious mind, I agree donate the money to a charity :)

lynne duncan
12-May-10, 16:57
its something different for a night out and we often complain that there isn't enough variety, so well done on thinking of something out of the usual
having said that not my cup of tea, but hope you have a good turnout

Julia
12-May-10, 17:34
:lol: can't believe it, I got bad rep from Florence (whoever that is) for my last comment on this thread, beware folks don't have an opinion as you may offend :lol:

Thanks for the chuckle

Thumper
12-May-10, 17:37
I went to see strippers years ago-I actually got in free as my husband at the time was the DJ and you know what? It scarred me for life! I have never got over a grown man pinning me to a wall and flashing his jiggly bits in my face......on a tray!:eek:Yuck! x

webmannie
12-May-10, 17:43
Now if it was female strippers, had me back!!!

I remember females doing a show in Skinandis, i've hazy recollections of Ping Pong balls being 'pinged'. Or maybe it was just a normal Skinandis (eves) night back in my days?

Julia
12-May-10, 17:46
I saw the poster advertising the show today, it reminded me that the word grimace isn't used much these days....

I'm with Golach and Scorrie on this one, just cut out the middle man and give your dosh straight to charity, why suffer in the process!

StacNKel
12-May-10, 17:59
It sounds like a good laugh! Not everyones cup of tea, but then that is the case with a lot of entertainment on offer (not that there is much in Caithness) Hope it gets a good turn out. I would be up for going if i wasnt heavily pregnant. :lol:

pegasus
12-May-10, 19:39
Maybe it's just me but the thought of some guys with overblown egos strutting about with no kit on does nothing for me in the slightest...

Yuk! It's so artificial and the thought of witnessing a bunch of mainly, middle aged women gawking and screeching would be cringingly, embarrassing.
I heard that many male strippers don't particularly like women on the whole.
So tacky, tawdry, cheesy, but isn't the money supposed to be good?
Imagine gyrating before a different audience every night?
What a thought! Worse than watching paint dry I should imagine.
:eek:

Mr Z
12-May-10, 20:09
I feel that I have to post this message and have used my husband's user name as I am not registered myself.
The Ladie's Night at the Waterfront on 28th May has been organised by myself. Although this is a slightly unusual event I though it was a good choice as I don't recall drag acts of this calibre ever having performed in Wick. Similarly, it is quite a while since strippers performed here. Because of these reasons, I think it is a good way to raise a substantial amount of money, and I would like to make clear that all the profits from this event will be donated to charity.
I am grateful that the Waterfront is hosting the event and also extremely grateful that the Drama Queens and the Sassy Boys are willing to give up thier usual weekend shows in Glasgow/Edinburgh to travel this far north. They are all happy to do this because it is a charity fundraiser.
I would like to make it especially clear that the evening is very much a fun event and is in no way smutty or sleazy in the way that some are imagining.
I realise that this event may not be everyone's cup of tea but do hope that as many people as possible can come along as it is sure to be a very entertaining evening for all those who attend and it will be helping a local charity in the process.
I will gratefully accept Julia, Golach and Scorrie's donations as every little bit helps the cause.

Julia
12-May-10, 21:06
Hmm funny nobody has mentioned the particular charity which is meant to be benefiting from it, is it a secret?

sjr014
13-May-10, 10:58
I could think o better events to attend while donating to charity so its a no thanks for me, but each to their own, and i hope you raise lots of money for charity and the folks that go have a real good time! What charity is the money going to?

cuddlepop
13-May-10, 12:56
Hmm funny nobody has mentioned the particular charity which is meant to be benefiting from it, is it a secret?

Julia,I'm with you on this one and cant believe you were bad repped for your comment.£25 is a heck of alot of money for a night out.Dont know of many people who could afford that kind of money even if it is for a charity;yet to be named.

hardcore superstar
13-May-10, 13:36
Providing I can round up a few friends I will definetely be there. I love drag queens and I love male strippers so I can't wait.

Despite all the negative responses on this thread, I want to say a big 'THANKYOU' to the organisers for trying to do something different and arranging such a cool event. If they threw in a chocolate fountain this would be my perfect night.

Mr Z
13-May-10, 14:26
I am more than happy to let everyone know that the charity that will benefit from the full profits from this event is Playbox Playgroup in Wick.
The Playgroup has been trying for some time now to raise enough funds to erect a new building. This matter was highlighted in the first issue of the Caithness Advertiser and I feel that this is a very worthwhile cause. Playbox caters for approximately 40 children by offering a Parent & Toddler Group, 2 1/2 Group as well as the Playgroup itself.
I hope that as many people as possible can support this event to ensure that Playbox Playgroup can continue to operate for many years into the future, providing an excellent facility for the development of young children.
The Ladies Night Show itself is 4 hours long and will be followed by a 70's/80's disco. Everyone's tear-off portion of their ticket will be entered into a prize draw that will take place on the night.

Sapphire2803
13-May-10, 15:01
I am more than happy to let everyone know that the charity that will benefit from the full profits from this event is Playbox Playgroup in Wick.
The Playgroup has been trying for some time now to raise enough funds to erect a new building. This matter was highlighted in the first issue of the Caithness Advertiser and I feel that this is a very worthwhile cause. Playbox caters for approximately 40 children by offering a Parent & Toddler Group, 2 1/2 Group as well as the Playgroup itself.
I hope that as many people as possible can support this event to ensure that Playbox Playgroup can continue to operate for many years into the future, providing an excellent facility for the development of young children.
The Ladies Night Show itself is 4 hours long and will be followed by a 70's/80's disco. Everyone's tear-off portion of their ticket will be entered into a prize draw that will take place on the night.

If anyone who does go would like to go in fancy dress a la Ann Summers, just give me a shout with your order and I will donate all profits to the same charity.

Every little helps and all that.

Boozeburglar
13-May-10, 15:13
The Playgroup has been trying for some time now to raise enough funds to erect a new building.

The Ladies Night Show itself is 4 hours long

Wow, so really this is a must for the altruists amongst us! Is this the future of fundraising? Why not cut out the middle men and have an amateur night? More money in the pot that way. I am not sure those in the third row would get the required eyeful; though I suppose four hours, (my goodness, four hours!!!), would be enough time to get round the room.

Perhaps next time it would be an idea to organize something that would appeal to a broader spectrum, if your aim really is to erect something as soon as possible.

See? I walked away from that.

pegasus
13-May-10, 16:18

Never heard of caithness advertiser but googled and found the site. Did a search on that site and got "Your search for 'playbox playgroup' returned 0 results."

how much of each 25 pounds ticket is going to be classed as profit to go to "Playbox Playgroup"? how will this one event enable this playgroup to contine to operate for many years to come?

WICKER10
13-May-10, 16:41
Never heard of caithness advertiser but googled and found the site. Did a search on that site and got "Your search for 'playbox playgroup' returned 0 results."

how much of each 25 pounds ticket is going to be classed as profit to go to "Playbox Playgroup"? how will this one event enable this playgroup to contine to operate for many years to come?

Playbox Playschool is a registered Charity with Number SCO 12472 according to the OSCR website .

wicker2
13-May-10, 21:37
For all of you with suspicious minds, I am a new member too but feel very strongly about this.

I am a parent at this playgroup and I would like to say what a good playgroup it is, The playleaders are fantastic with the bairns and have made such a difference to my child, for years the building has needed to be replaced and we are trying to do something to help raise funds for the new build.

This is not just for our children but for the future generations of children that are going to need a great establishment like Playbox to continue to provide the great service that they have done over the years.

This is not going to happen overnight but we are looking at different ideas and have a few more fundrasiers planned, We do not have a MAGIC FAIRY that is going to provide the money for us.

So unless you know someone that can wave a magic wand please support us instead of being so negative about something that is supposed to be a bit of fun raising money for a good worthwhile cause.

I would like to thank everyone who has supported us so far and would like to encourage all mothers past, present and future to come along and make it a night to remember. :)

brandy
13-May-10, 21:59
im all for it! it sounds like a great laugh! and even my hubby is ok that i want to go!
if hes not working im so going if i can find someone to go with me!! so if any ladies on here is wanting to go but not alone PM me and we can see about going together! *G* seriously, everyone is gurning about spending 25 pounds on a night out? well ive been to work nights out where they spend a whole lot more than that on drink alone. and none of that is going to improve our community.
i hate to put a little wobble on everyones high horses.. but the saying thouh doth protest to much.. comes to mind.
its amazing how morally affonted people can become when it suits them.
these guys do this to make a living. they are taking time out of paid employment to come up here and work for free from what ive read on here to help out a play group! that in itself is great!!
can you buy tickets at the door? do you have to buy them before hand? and if im able i will so be there!

webmannie
13-May-10, 22:25
For all of you with suspicious minds, I am a new member too but feel very strongly about this.

I am a parent at this playgroup and I would like to say what a good playgroup it is, The playleaders are fantastic with the bairns and have made such a difference to my child, for years the building has needed to be replaced and we are trying to do something to help raise funds for the new build.

This is not just for our children but for the future generations of children that are going to need a great establishment like Playbox to continue to provide the great service that they have done over the years.

This is not going to happen overnight but we are looking at different ideas and have a few more fundrasiers planned, We do not have a MAGIC FAIRY that is going to provide the money for us.

So unless you know someone that can wave a magic wand please support us instead of being so negative about something that is supposed to be a bit of fun raising money for a good worthwhile cause.

I would like to thank everyone who has supported us so far and would like to encourage all mothers past, present and future to come along and make it a night to remember. :)

Well said, it is only going to get harder for charities, what with the effects of the recession and the cuts that are coming to pay back the billions spent to hold the economy together.

When are you organising the female strippers?

bigjjuk
14-May-10, 12:38
more new people posting, what we need is conclusive evidence that playbox have been approached and Can confirm that they will receive this money? If it is, then Brilliant, if not then it is a deceptive way to get people to come to the show and wrong.

adi1
14-May-10, 13:10
Why is it that when people of Caithness try and do something for charity they are met with suspicion?
We all saw it on another thread a short while ago where the person in question doing the charity event was slagged off for taking a jolly.
No matter what charities people donate to they all have overheads and 100% of monies never go to the cause.
Seems to me people get brazen sitting behind the comfort of their PC and make crass and ridiculous presumptions
The answer is if you are not wanting to contribute to a charity for any reason then don't and keep your silly comments to yourself and stop trying to put people down who are willing to give up their time effort for the cause.

Askmeaboutavon
15-May-10, 08:01
Why is it that when people of Caithness try and do something for charity they are met with suspicion?
We all saw it on another thread a short while ago where the person in question doing the charity event was slagged off for taking a jolly.
No matter what charities people donate to they all have overheads and 100% of monies never go to the cause.
Seems to me people get brazen sitting behind the comfort of their PC and make crass and ridiculous presumptions
The answer is if you are not wanting to contribute to a charity for any reason then don't and keep your silly comments to yourself and stop trying to put people down who are willing to give up their time effort for the cause.

It's always the same up here, people complain that there is nothing to do yet when someone makes the effort to try something it's immediately shot down in flames. How do you know something isn't going to work unless you try?

There are so many groups and events being advertised on here that are closing due to 'lack of interest' more like lack of effort! Complaining that shops are closing, well get off your backside and support them! People up here are all too happy to join in and enjoy events but when it comes to donating a few hours every now and again or actually getting involved it's a very different matter. If everyone stopped slagging each other off and put the effort into something a little more constructive we might actually have a little more community spirit in this place.

As for the ladies night, good on you for using the initiative to try to raise money in a different way instead of the usual 'charity shop' or raffle. Good on you! As usual you will probably find that the very people who are on here slagging it off will probably be found sitting in the front row.

scorrie
15-May-10, 16:03
It's always the same up here, people complain that there is nothing to do yet when someone makes the effort to try something it's immediately shot down in flames. How do you know something isn't going to work unless you try?

There are so many groups and events being advertised on here that are closing due to 'lack of interest' more like lack of effort! Complaining that shops are closing, well get off your backside and support them! People up here are all too happy to join in and enjoy events but when it comes to donating a few hours every now and again or actually getting involved it's a very different matter. If everyone stopped slagging each other off and put the effort into something a little more constructive we might actually have a little more community spirit in this place.

As for the ladies night, good on you for using the initiative to try to raise money in a different way instead of the usual 'charity shop' or raffle. Good on you! As usual you will probably find that the very people who are on here slagging it off will probably be found sitting in the front row.

Give it a rest. People are free to give their opinions one way or another and long may it stay that way. Personally speaking, I don't find the idea of strippers being used to raise money for a toddler group resting very easily as a partnership. From a purely logical standpoint, it seems a poor idea to alienate half your potential audience by making it an event for ladies. It is also one that SOME men might have reservations about their wives attending and I would be willing to bet it would be far less appealing an idea if it were men going to watch young lassies get their kit off. I do not agree that the naysayers will be at the event. I know I wouldn't be there if it were free and another sex involved. Been there once (over a pie and pint at lunchtime in London) and found it a bit sad more than anything else.

Miss X
15-May-10, 19:03
I'm just back from holiday and can't believe the responses to my question about Ladies Night.
My goodness Scorrie, have you not got a sense of humour? What's wrong with us girls having a girly nite out?
If the men are so bothered about being alienated, why don't they all nip down to town for a nice dress, pair of high-heels and a blonde wig and join all us lasses at the Waterfront? That way they'd be supporting a local charity and possibly 3 different local shops into the bargain!!!
They would'nt be the only men with dresses on - they could chat to the "Drama Queens"!!!!

scorrie
16-May-10, 00:01
I'm just back from holiday and can't believe the responses to my question about Ladies Night.
My goodness Scorrie, have you not got a sense of humour? What's wrong with us girls having a girly nite out?
If the men are so bothered about being alienated, why don't they all nip down to town for a nice dress, pair of high-heels and a blonde wig and join all us lasses at the Waterfront? That way they'd be supporting a local charity and possibly 3 different local shops into the bargain!!!
They would'nt be the only men with dresses on - they could chat to the "Drama Queens"!!!!

I have a grand sense of humour. I think you are making that age-old mistake of equating an absence of something on one particular occasion, to a total lack of the item in question.

I don't think men would be at all bothered about being alienated from the event but some might be a bit concerned about their wives feeling the need to attend such low-brow fare.

The simple fact is that raising money is all about putting bums on seats (or in this case in faces ;)) and it would be a simple enough ploy to try to appeal to as wide an audience as possible.

I don't think strippers raising money for pre-school kids is a very dignified process. Perhaps this is acceptable in our society where "anything goes" but I wouldn't have had it for my kids when they were that age. We've had Band Aid and Live Aid what next? Groin Aid?

I will continue to donate to those charities I see as higher priority. The next time I see Playbox with their tinnies out for a donation, I'll see if I have an old Jockstrap I can shove in to help their fund raising method of choice ;)

Sara Jevo
16-May-10, 13:58
Well done for doing this, it sounds like a great night.

It doesn't really matter what form the entertainment takes, it'll never please everyone.

They're certainly NOT drag queens, but just thought I'd mention that I went to see the Ladyboys of Bangkok in Manchester last year and they were super.

I met a couple of them in Habanas in Edinburgh after their last night on the fringe and they were just angels.

Blarney
16-May-10, 21:20
I have a grand sense of humour. I think you are making that age-old mistake of equating an absence of something on one particular occasion, to a total lack of the item in question.

I don't think men would be at all bothered about being alienated from the event but some might be a bit concerned about their wives feeling the need to attend such low-brow fare.

The simple fact is that raising money is all about putting bums on seats (or in this case in faces ;)) and it would be a simple enough ploy to try to appeal to as wide an audience as possible.

I don't think strippers raising money for pre-school kids is a very dignified process. Perhaps this is acceptable in our society where "anything goes" but I wouldn't have had it for my kids when they were that age. We've had Band Aid and Live Aid what next? Groin Aid?

I will continue to donate to those charities I see as higher priority. The next time I see Playbox with their tinnies out for a donation, I'll see if I have an old Jockstrap I can shove in to help their fund raising method of choice ;)

Well said Scorrie! Why don't the Mums take a leaf out of this playgroup's book? Seems like a more appropriate way of raising money for the cause - and at least you could tell the kids about it. Can you imagine telling your three year old that you raised money for their playgroup by watching lots of men take their clothes off :eek:
Night

PLAYDEN NURSERY PRESENTS
A SWISHING EVENING

At Royal British Legion
Saturday, 22 May, 2010 from 7pm

Entry By ticket-£5 (includes complimentary glass of wine on entry)
Looking to update your wardrobe or an outfit for a special occasion, without breaking the bank…
then Welcome to Swishing!

WHAT IS SWISHING – Ethical clothing swapping.

Swishing is shopping without the expense. You bring nice, clean, presentable clothes that are lurking unloved in your wardrobe, and other women fall in love with them and give them a good home.

AND you get to take away what you choose!

The “Rules of the Rail”:

1) Everyone must bring at least one item of quality clothing.
2) You will have half an hour to browse before the swish opens.
3) No item may be claimed before the swish opens.
4) As soon as the swish is declared open, everyone may take what they want.
5) Remember no scratching, spitting or fighting !!!!

Please contact Claire (896786), Kirsty (894812) or Tanya (895960) for details or to buy tickets.
Tickets also available at the door on the night.

wicker2
17-May-10, 11:04
well folks, looks like you lot need a reality check !!! we do not need to raise a couple of hundred pounds, we need to raise thousands of pounds and are happy to accept a donation from caithness promotions who have organised this event, Hopefully it will raise alot of money so please keep your negative derogatory comments to yourself unless you want to come with an open cheque book.

Not many people or businesses are in a position to be able to give out thousands of pounds to charity at the moment so we have to consider all options.

Why is it that you cannot have an open mind when it comes to fun, I know it may not be everyones cup if tea but if we were all the same as some of the narrow minded people on here life would be rather dull.

The normal raffle stalls ect are great for raising funds for toys and equipment but are not going to put up a new build.

Alot of work goes into organising large events like this so please don't put people down for trying to do something different.

It should be appreciated that someone is willing to spend their own time and effort to do this for charity. :D

scorrie
17-May-10, 17:00
Well said Scorrie! Why don't the Mums take a leaf out of this playgroup's book? Seems like a more appropriate way of raising money for the cause - and at least you could tell the kids about it. Can you imagine telling your three year old that you raised money for their playgroup by watching lots of men take their clothes off :eek:
Night

PLAYDEN NURSERY PRESENTS
A SWISHING EVENING

At Royal British Legion
Saturday, 22 May, 2010 from 7pm

Entry By ticket-£5 (includes complimentary glass of wine on entry)
Looking to update your wardrobe or an outfit for a special occasion, without breaking the bank…
then Welcome to Swishing!

WHAT IS SWISHING – Ethical clothing swapping.

Swishing is shopping without the expense. You bring nice, clean, presentable clothes that are lurking unloved in your wardrobe, and other women fall in love with them and give them a good home.

AND you get to take away what you choose!

The “Rules of the Rail”:

1) Everyone must bring at least one item of quality clothing.
2) You will have half an hour to browse before the swish opens.
3) No item may be claimed before the swish opens.
4) As soon as the swish is declared open, everyone may take what they want.
5) Remember no scratching, spitting or fighting !!!!

Please contact Claire (896786), Kirsty (894812) or Tanya (895960) for details or to buy tickets.
Tickets also available at the door on the night.

I think there will be different things "Swishing" around at Ladies Night ;)

sandyr1
17-May-10, 22:45
Please take note.....
Quite a few NEW posters promoting something??? Seems rather strange!! And these poor workers coming all the way here to promote something in Kaitness.....??
As someone said...we are all entitled to our opinion!

lynne duncan
18-May-10, 09:57
if anyone has anymore complaints about the validity of this night, can i set your mind at rest I am not a new POSTER, I do work for the playbox and the proceeds of this event are destined for the playgroup. any more queries on this feel free to pm.

if its not your cup of tea fine, as said before the playgroup would be more than welcome to accept any donations no matter what the amount,

the playgroup is constantly trying to raise funds to replace the building, we have carried out options appraisals, which highlight a) the need for a new building due to the poor condition of the fabric of the building. b) it also highlights that in the hillhead area of the town which the playgroup serves there are no other suitable premises.
however to raise the sufficient funds which it would take to either purchase another portacabin or build from scratch, it is necessary for the playgroup to approach big funders like the lottery etc, but this alls depends on their funding streams and whether they have a stream which would provide money for our circumstances,
so in the meantime it is an ongoing task for the committee (all voluntary) to constantly fundraise

we do have the usual bingo nights, sponsored toddles,
the ladies night is an attempt to raise a larger amount of money

now i've said my piece, when you've read it, i'll wait for the replies as knowing the org (which i have been a member of for quite a few year!!!) there will bound to be a few.

macbreeza
18-May-10, 13:04
Does anyone know how many playgroups are in Wick??

When I was a bairn I think there was 3, there just seems to be playgroup fundraising a lot at the moment everywhere. I don't have kids so I am not really in a position to get bothered about this thread I just find it interesting. If it was something I was interested in going to I would regardless of it being a charitable event. I am not into the whole strippers thing tho, and anything in the Waterfront puts me off as I wonder how much they will make from it.

sandyr1
18-May-10, 17:22

I agreed with this, and your other posts...and now I receive PM's...justifying same...Seems a rather strange way, like you said, for a kids fundraiser, but maybe Kaitness has changed from the olde days!! Anyway I just hope they get their money!

I guess stranger things have occurred...A woman with us just got charged with killing her husband thinking he was a Bear!! Aghhhhhhhhhhhhh

Julia
20-May-10, 12:20
I'm shocked to hear that kids from the afternoon group were sent home with tickets to sell for the stripper evening!

I also learned today that there was an alternative 'womens institute' calender being planned as well to raise funds -featuring the playleaders and mums in the nude but with strategically placed props to preserve their dignity. :eek: Who is going to want 'that' hanging on their wall??

This is going way too far in my opinion, and I'm entitled to my opinion! My son attends Little Nippers Playgroup and I'd be totally horrified if any of these activities were suggested to help raise funds.

I ain't a prude but get a grip, there are plenty of alternatives to raising funds without resorting to these tacky depths.

Boozeburglar
20-May-10, 14:26
I'm shocked to hear that kids from the afternoon group were sent home with tickets to sell for the stripper evening!

Surely their parents?

Julia
20-May-10, 18:18
Will be for the parents to sell but each kid was sent home with some tickets.

Margaret M.
20-May-10, 18:46
I ain't a prude but get a grip, there are plenty of alternatives to raising funds without resorting to these tacky depths.

I am surprised that a nursery school would use this kind of activity to raise funds. Does the end really justify the means?

Cattach
20-May-10, 19:04
Let them have their fun. While they are looking I will be doing and thoroghly enjoying it.

horseman
21-May-10, 00:05
Mrs H said she would be well up in the queue to get her ticket.;)
An I would never stop her--As if I could.:)
Nothing at all wrong with the human body, nor a bit of rudeness.
All would know they were not going to a bible class.

crayola
21-May-10, 00:17
Let them have their fun. While they are looking I will be doing and thoroghly enjoying it.
Oooh can I come and watch you taking part in the show and thoroughly enjoying it? :D

It's a fabulous fun way to make money for the playgroup and it gives the armchair moralists that warm glowing feeling in their bellies because they know they're right. So everyone's happy. :D

sandyr1
21-May-10, 01:05
Oooh can I come and watch you taking part in the show and thoroughly enjoying it? :D

It's a fabulous fun way to make money for the playgroup and it gives the armchair moralists that warm glowing feeling in their bellies because they know they're right. So everyone's happy. :D

Very cute!!! Glad we can laugh at ourselves.

brandy
21-May-10, 09:22
ok so who is going? i want to go but not by myself *grins* and ive no one to go with me!!!! anyone want to go with me?

Boozeburglar
21-May-10, 11:14
it gives the armchair moralists that warm glowing feeling in their bellies because they know they're right. So everyone's happy. :D

I would go so far as to suggest they offer a standard level grade in stripping at high schools. Don't worry, it can be a fully clothed activity, like tag rugby versus real rugby. (I am not suggesting real rugby is done nude, I mean stripping is a whole lot more than removing clothes right? It is a skill, and a valued one so we should surely reflect that in our education system?) Perhaps stripping in its various forms such as pole dancing could be an olympic sport? Soho as potential venue? The transport infrastructure does not need upgrading, seems it would be cheap. I can see it now, grading the 'athletes' on their abilty to do the cup, semi cup, cup exchange, fake reveal... Lots of potential crossover sports, such as synchronised stripping, nude weight lifting.

Don't worry if some kids have moral objections based on antiquated notions of respect, or aspirations to rise above the roles enforced on them. We can warm them up to the idea by featuring strippers at every fund raising event on their behalf from when they are toddlers.

Grand idea.

crashbandicoot1979
21-May-10, 11:27
After reading this thread I want to add a "well done" to the organisers of this event, its great to see something different being offered. I would normally love to go to something like this but can't make it on this occasion. I'm sure it'll be a fun night for everyone who does go. Fair enough this kind of thing isn't for everyone but guess what, thats life. And yeah, some might find it inappropriate, tacky, pointless etc but if thats the case, don't go. Simple as. If it does so happen that its naff and tacky and all the rest, be smug in the knowledge that you've saved yourself 25 quid. For those who do go, they'll have done their bit for a local charity and will no doubt have had a laugh and a good night out anyway. So everyone's happy.

ducati
21-May-10, 11:37
I would go so far as to suggest they offer a standard level grade in stripping at high schools. Don't worry, it can be a fully clothed activity, like tag rugby versus real rugby. (I am not suggesting real rugby is done nude, I mean stripping is a whole lot more than removing clothes right? It is a skill, and a valued one so we should surely reflect that in our education system?) Perhaps stripping in its various forms such as pole dancing could be an olympic sport? Soho as potential venue? The transport infrastructure does not need upgrading, seems it would be cheap. I can see it now, grading the 'athletes' on their abilty to do the cup, semi cup, cup exchange, fake reveal... Lots of potential crossover sports, such as synchronised stripping, nude weight lifting.

Don't worry if some kids have moral objections based on antiquated notions of respect, or aspirations to rise above the roles enforced on them. We can warm them up to the idea by featuring strippers at every fund raising event on their behalf from when they are toddlers.

Grand idea.

Actually the SEX industry is getting much more main stream, only the other day I was raking through the Job Centre Plus web site and found several offers of employment as Web Cam performers Check It out

http://jobseekers.direct.gov.uk/detailjob.aspx?sessionid=a1d22ed8-03ac-45c8-9361-fb2f9362b816&pid=2&j=CMN/28867

Boozeburglar
21-May-10, 12:00
That is not because the sex industry is becoming more mainstream, although it is.

It is because our standards as a society have slipped to a low watermark, on a sinking ship.

There is NO way anyone should have to read an advert like that when they go looking for a job on a tax payer funded website or in a Job Centre.

Imagine a 16 year old kid seeing that as an option? We really are losing some perspective if we allow this sort of thing to prevail.

Andfield
21-May-10, 12:09
I was under the impression that any activities of a charitable nature advertised or discussed on this forum have to be approved by Anfield.

As such approval is not forthcoming then I doubt if this immoral activity can be permitted. [lol]

ducati
21-May-10, 13:46
That is not because the sex industry is becoming more mainstream, although it is.

It is because our standards as a society have slipped to a low watermark, on a sinking ship.

There is NO way anyone should have to read an advert like that when they go looking for a job on a tax payer funded website or in a Job Centre.

Imagine a 16 year old kid seeing that as an option? We really are losing some perspective if we allow this sort of thing to prevail.

Oh' I've no problem from that perspective-but it's only eight quid an hour! :mad:

scorrie
21-May-10, 14:20
ok so who is going? i want to go but not by myself *grins* and ive no one to go with me!!!! anyone want to go with me?

Why can't you go by yourself? If it's a fun night out, you don't need anyone with you.

hastings
22-May-10, 20:13
Hi I think this has had enough free publicity. It is a strange thing for a playgroup to have as a fundraiser though.[disgust]

brandy
22-May-10, 20:33
because like any girl or most people for that .. i dont like to go out by myself. it feels weird to go some where without a friend. i like to have some one with me when i go somewhere. exspecially to a club or bar.

Julia
23-May-10, 14:29
Actually the SEX industry is getting much more main stream, only the other day I was raking through the Job Centre Plus web site and found several offers of employment as Web Cam performers Check It out

http://jobseekers.direct.gov.uk/detailjob.aspx?sessionid=a1d22ed8-03ac-45c8-9361-fb2f9362b816&pid=2&j=CMN/28867

I see it made the news and the offending job advert has now been removed

aurora32
24-May-10, 22:02
Good luck with your event :D i hope you raise loads for the playgroup, I dont think it matters how the funds are raised as long as its not harming anyone which it clearly isnt, and that the playgroup gets the much needed repairs it requires to continue running as a playgroup.

Miss X
27-May-10, 19:16
Just heard Ladies Night mentioned on Caithness FM! Not long to go now - got ma ticket and ready to go!!

brandy
27-May-10, 19:42
me too! fingers crossed for a good night!

Bazeye
27-May-10, 20:16
Hope it goes ahead and the strippers dont pull out at the last minute.

Bazeye
27-May-10, 21:24
Might get a stand up comedian on instead.

florence
28-May-10, 23:29
:lol: can't believe it, I got bad rep from Florence (whoever that is) for my last comment on this thread, beware folks don't have an opinion as you may offend :lol:

Thanks for the chuckle

I don't know how that happened!! I didn't give you bad rep. I must have pressed the wrong button. Apologies :~(

scorrie
28-May-10, 23:37
Might get a stand up comedian on instead.

I don't believe there will be any stand up at this event.

Ticket sales will now crash ;)

crayola
29-May-10, 14:51
So who went and what like was it?

scorrie
29-May-10, 14:58
According to a taxi driver I spoke to today, there were FIFTEEN in the audience last night. Can anyone confirm that this was the case?

Perhaps next time a little more thought might be put in and an event which will appeal to entire families can be launched.

scorrie
29-May-10, 15:40
All the new members have fallen silent. Do I detect another:-

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i237/scorrie57/LeadBalloonAward.jpg

wickscorrie
29-May-10, 20:10
sweet mother of mighty you lot are a bunch of pain in the whatevers, so what if it didna work, as has been said before if you werena interested in it then why slag it off, its no wonder this part of the county gets a bad name, we're never happy unless we can slag someone.
yes i admit i wouldna have gone to it, price, choice of artist whatever but for peeties sake, why could you no have supported the fact that someone has at least tried!!!!!

one of my pals went and she said it was a wonderful night so well done to the organisers for organising something that someone enjoyed.
and may the artists enjoy a better reception in orkney tonight

scorrie
29-May-10, 20:45
sweet mother of mighty you lot are a bunch of pain in the whatevers, so what if it didna work, as has been said before if you werena interested in it then why slag it off, its no wonder this part of the county gets a bad name, we're never happy unless we can slag someone.
yes i admit i wouldna have gone to it, price, choice of artist whatever but for peeties sake, why could you no have supported the fact that someone has at least tried!!!!!

one of my pals went and she said it was a wonderful night so well done to the organisers for organising something that someone enjoyed.
and may the artists enjoy a better reception in orkney tonight

If you didn't go, you didn't support it either!!

Hyping it up and waxing on about what a great idea it is no use whatever if the event is poorly attended. One person enjoying it does not make it a successful night, money was supposed to be raised and questions now need to be raised as to why it was not well attended. No point blowing on the usual "Oh it's Wick's fault" trumpet as an excuse. Organisers should be thinking about something with a greater appeal, at a price more people can afford.

If you had taken all the posts from people who didn't think this was a good idea out of this thread, it wouldn't have made any difference to the attendance.

hardcore superstar
29-May-10, 20:48
i was there and i can confirm that numbers were dire. however, i still had a great night and i haven't laughed that much in ages. had a fantastic view and there was never a queue for the bar. what more can you ask for?

the performers gave it their all despite the place being practically empty. especially liked the drama queens.

i want to say thankyou to the organisers for putting on a cool night. i'm not sure why the turn out was so poor. it wasn't for lack of advertising. perhaps the price put people off? however, for 4 hours entertainment i didn't think it was excessive. i've paid much more for much less and i'm glad i went.

brandy
29-May-10, 21:07
i was there as well and had an absolute blast! i was horrified by the town though! some friends and i took the strippers thru the town with flyers seeing if we could get a few more peeps interested and i was so ashamed by the behavior of the people of this town! to tell someone that they are discusting and no way.. what in the world has happened to common courtesy?
the boys were lovley, chatted away to them for ages, and the queens were fantastic!!
it was a once in a lifetime experiance and so glad that i did go! just to show how dif. this town is to other areas up here? they have a sold out show in orkney!
well done wickers... last night showed me a sign of this town i had never seen before.
but a huge thanks to the acts.. they were great! and the peeps that did come had a blast!

shamrock2007
29-May-10, 22:36
Perhaps if the playschool had a better reputation then it would have better support

cuddlepop
30-May-10, 09:36
Perhaps if the playschool had a better reputation then it would have better support

I dont think its fair to blame the playschools reputation for the reason this event wasnt popular.:roll:

I for one if I lived there couldnt go because it was too expensive.
I think if anyone wants to do ananalysis they'd come to the same conclusion.
Its not the groups fault its the overheads these guys have just to put the event on and make a living.:(

It sounds like it was a good night for those that attended.

MusicWicker
30-May-10, 13:51
it was a once in a lifetime experiance and so glad that i did go!

Really? Once in a lifetime? :eek:

crayola
30-May-10, 14:18
i was there as well and had an absolute blast! i was horrified by the town though! some friends and i took the strippers thru the town with flyers seeing if we could get a few more peeps interested and i was so ashamed by the behavior of the people of this town! to tell someone that they are discusting and no way.. what in the world has happened to common courtesy?
the boys were lovley, chatted away to them for ages, and the queens were fantastic!!
it was a once in a lifetime experiance and so glad that i did go! just to show how dif. this town is to other areas up here? they have a sold out show in orkney!
well done wickers... last night showed me a sign of this town i had never seen before.
but a huge thanks to the acts.. they were great! and the peeps that did come had a blast!
It's great to hear you had a good night Brandy. :D

brandy
30-May-10, 16:24
yup once in a lifetime for me anyway! its something ive never had the opportunity to do and very unlikley to happen again!
thanks crayola! i had a great time! its not something that i would do every weekend, i dont even go out on a weekend or any other night for that matter normally!
however, hubby was very gracious about it.. taking great enjoyment of my situation when i came stumbling home, after walking barefoot from the waterfront home! he laughed the whole time he had to undress me and roll me into bed as i was quite tipsy.. and now has years of ammuniton to heckle me for years *Grins* and i have lots and lots of pics of said night!!! so had a blast loved it and so very very glad i got to do it!

sandyr1
02-Jun-10, 03:03
Did the play school receive much money for that evening?

scorrie
02-Jun-10, 12:40
Did the play school receive much money for that evening?

I think that element of the evening has been pretty much secondary to the fact that a handful of people had a wonderful time.

sandyr1
02-Jun-10, 14:07
I think that element of the evening has been pretty much secondary to the fact that a handful of people had a wonderful time.

????...Does than mean no?

scorrie
02-Jun-10, 15:26
????...Does than mean no?

I was told there were fifteen at the event. That equates to £375 in ticket sales. I assume there are expenses which exceed the takings. Perhaps MissX, MrZ, Tom, Dick or Harry might be able to enlighten us,, if they ever come back on!!

sandyr1
02-Jun-10, 23:24
Tks...kinda sad, as I am sure the intention was good.

crayola
05-Jun-10, 00:43
yup once in a lifetime for me anyway! its something ive never had the opportunity to do and very unlikley to happen again!
thanks crayola! i had a great time! its not something that i would do every weekend, i dont even go out on a weekend or any other night for that matter normally!
however, hubby was very gracious about it.. taking great enjoyment of my situation when i came stumbling home, after walking barefoot from the waterfront home! he laughed the whole time he had to undress me and roll me into bed as i was quite tipsy.. and now has years of ammuniton to heckle me for years *Grins* and i have lots and lots of pics of said night!!! so had a blast loved it and so very very glad i got to do it!
Once in a lifetime is probably enough. :lol:

Someone mentioned the Lady Boys of Bangkok. I saw them at the Edinburgh Festival last year and they are good. Stylishly good. :)

Bazeye
05-Jun-10, 01:01

Someone mentioned the Lady Boys of Bangkok. I saw them at the Edinburgh Festival last year and they are good. Stylishly good. :)

If you like that sort of thing. Mind you it is the weekend after all.

crayola
05-Jun-10, 14:16
The Lady Boys are super Bazeye. And you can go up on stage and meet them afterwards which is a treat.

sandyr1
05-Jun-10, 14:18

Hopefully not at the Tattoo!!
I have male friends going there....they may get a surprise....!

Bazeye
05-Jun-10, 14:23
The Lady Boys are super Bazeye. And you can go up on stage and meet them afterwards which is a treat.

They're in Barrow soon.

crayola
05-Jun-10, 14:25
Go see them then! You'll love them. :D

sandyr1
05-Jun-10, 15:02
OK/ you tube/ lots of feathers/ seems OK.