PDA

View Full Version : Labour...

John Little
10-May-10, 17:44
So the Broon is resigning as Labour leader.

What next ? :eek:

riggerboy
10-May-10, 17:46
labour will assign a new broon

John Little
10-May-10, 17:48
but will a new broon sweep clean? ;)

Andfield
10-May-10, 17:48
The Limp Dems are truely the political whores of our time - bed hopping for their personal advantage [disgust]

John Little
10-May-10, 17:49
The best judge of that is the outcome when we see who's humping who....

ducati
10-May-10, 17:57
At this point I feel I need to make a considered comment................

WHAT A CROCK! [lol]

Kevin Milkins
10-May-10, 18:19
What a selfish, inconsiderate, thoughtless git Mr Brown is, I just settled down with a sandwich and cup of tea to watch the Weakest Link, and what did I get? , well the weakest link I suppose.:confused

The Drunken Duck
10-May-10, 18:23
Broon is the biggest obstacle to a coalition between Liarbour and the Limp Dems. And I smell Mandelscum behind this, he's been awfully quiet.

How does this sound ??

Broon resigns as Labour Leader but NOT Prime Minister. Harridan (as Deputy Leader) negotiates with Clegg. Say Milliband for example is suggested as the new leader by Harridan. She/It will of course ensure he/it is elected unopposed. Limp Dems now know who they will be dealing with, and may in fact influence the choice.

Once the deal has been signed off Broon goes to the Queen and says that he is standing down as PM and Harridan (as Deputy Leader) can form a coalition Government with the Limp Dems. Milliband is appointed party leader and Harridan then goes back to the Queen to announce Milliband as the new PM. Liarbour happy as they stay in power, Limp Dems happy as they are now at the trough, both happy because Broon is gone.

You just have to think like them.

Andfield
10-May-10, 18:29
What are the odds on Mandlescum for Foreign Secretary ?:lol:

The Oracle
10-May-10, 19:09
When the CONDems had just about sorted it out....Gordon chucks in a huge spanner that will have the Lib Dem rank and file marching on Clegg Castle.

Nice one Gordon :lol:

horseman
10-May-10, 20:57
What gets me is why any one with half a brain cell could would want to wallop those tossers up for another 5 long years.:mad:

John Little
10-May-10, 20:58
Ach dinnae fash yersel - they're all tossers when it comes right doon tae it! :D

Phill
10-May-10, 21:10
It's all rather straight forward isn't it?

Mandelson as President, Lord High Executioner and next in line to the throne etc. has decreed. He needs to ensure his career and secure his position in the next Cabinet, thus Gordy goes.

Labour or LibLab, Proportional Representation or whatever, Mandy is in the driving seat so get used to it.

Blarney
10-May-10, 21:28
Does anyone else feel that there is an awful air of anti-climax about the whole scenario. We, the electorate, are supposed to be the ones who decide who is going to govern us for the next five years but because it wasn't cut and dried on Friday morning it's been dragging on and on. Now, despite how we have voted, the politicians are in a huddle and THEY will decide who will govern. It would have saved a lot of time, effort and money if they had just gone along with the results of the pre-election polls and cut the voters out of the equation altogether because it panned out as predicted and the party that got the most seats isn't in the driving seat anyway. The Lib Dems are, and always will be, very minor players in the bigger political picture but at the moment they are the party with their finger on the trigger. Seems all wrong to me...

John Little
10-May-10, 21:41
The Lib Dems are, and always will be, very minor players in the bigger political picture but at the moment they are the party with their finger on the trigger. Seems all wrong to me...

Come on Blarney - 6.7 million voters ain't minor. That's the problem in a nutshell.

The Drunken Duck
10-May-10, 21:56
Does anyone else feel that there is an awful air of anti-climax about the whole scenario. We, the electorate, are supposed to be the ones who decide who is going to govern us for the next five years but because it wasn't cut and dried on Friday morning it's been dragging on and on. Now, despite how we have voted, the politicians are in a huddle and THEY will decide who will govern. It would have saved a lot of time, effort and money if they had just gone along with the results of the pre-election polls and cut the voters out of the equation altogether because it panned out as predicted and the party that got the most seats isn't in the driving seat anyway. The Lib Dems are, and always will be, very minor players in the bigger political picture but at the moment they are the party with their finger on the trigger. Seems all wrong to me...

Totally agree.

Clegg is milking being a power broker after coming third, how can a Party that finished third hold the balance of power ??

Watching all three parties scrabble for power is quite nauseating really.

Andfield
10-May-10, 22:02
Watching all three parties scrabble for power is quite nauseating really.

Its for "the good of the country" according to the (late) McBroon and I think the other two chancers said something similiar :lol:

The Drunken Duck
10-May-10, 22:11
Its for "the good of the country" according to the (late) McBroon and I think the other two chancers said something similiar :lol:

I don't believe anyone of them care more about the country than getting their grubby mits on whatever power they can get. Am I the only one that wants Harry Hill to pop up and go "There's only one way to settle this ................. FIGHT !!"

And I'm not talking about just the Leaders, let's book Wembley, put all the MP's in there and see who REALLY wants it more.

John Little
10-May-10, 22:20
Conservatives- 10, 683,787
Labour - 8, 604,358
Libdem - 6,827,938

A typical British election victory where the biggest single party rule, where the popular vote is discounted, and where the third party is marginalised and demeaned. A system where triumphalism and directive politics are built into the system and lauded as good because it gives 'strong' government.

Well not from where I'm sitting it don't.

it gives government which imposes the will of what is more often than not a minority on the majority who did not vote for them.

It ain't Democracy save in a 19th century definition, and really it never was. Who are we to speak of 'Democracy' to the rest of the world with this camel of a systm in place.

It cries out for reform.

And the millions who feel that their votes count for nothing because they ain';t in the 'winning party' want that reform.

This ain't a team game- not football or owt. It's about government and I am glad that for once they are having to talk together and find what most people want for a change. I hope Clegg has some steel in himand sticks to his guns.

15, 429, 296 people did not vote Conservative including practically the whole of Wales and Scotland.

What moral right has Cameron to rule over them apart from having the largest single gang?

It's a threat to the union too for I could see Wales and Scotland going their own ways rather than put up with it for much longer.

I'm off to bed muttering something about Government of the people, byt the people and for the people.

Blarney
10-May-10, 22:25
I accept what you are saying but compared to the two major parties they have always lagged behind and are never going to be a real force to be reckoned with. By the same reasoning, 10,706,647 people voted for the Conservatives and in all probability, despite having the major share of the vote, they won't have the opportunity to govern. Similarly, Labour had 8,604,358 votes and are having to court a party who are far less popular with the voters in the hope of retaining power. The point I make is that the minority party hold all the cards and it just seems wrong.

Sara Jevo
10-May-10, 22:34
I accept what you are saying but compared to the two major parties they have always lagged behind and are never going to be a real force to be reckoned with. By the same reasoning, 10,706,647 people voted for the Conservatives and in all probability, despite having the major share of the vote, they won't have the opportunity to govern. Similarly, Labour had 8,604,358 votes and are having to court a party who are far less popular with the voters in the hope of retaining power. The point I make is that the minority party hold all the cards and it just seems wrong.

No-one won the election . . . yet.

The onus was on the parties to engage enough voters and secure sufficient votes. None of them did. They all failed.

If 15 million people voted for centre-left politics, what's wrong with a Government that reflects those 15 million votes?

We have this winner-takes-all set-up that breeds the sort of tribal politics that most people say they dislike.

Anfield
10-May-10, 23:13
If Clegg joins a coalition with Cameron - then game over as they would have 363 seats

If however Clegg joins in with Labour, then they would have 315 seata as opposed to Cons, 306.

Lab/Lib would then have a majoity of 9, but still need an 11 seats to obtain majority
Conservatives would need 20 seats

There are 28 other MPs from other parties, and it these people who could decide who runs this country

Democratic Uniunist Party 8
Scottish Nation Party 6
Sinn Fein 5
Plaid Cymru 3
Solical Democratic & Labour Party 3
Alliance Party 1
Green Party 1
One seat still to be declared 1

I agree with DD & harry Hill, FIGHT

ducati
10-May-10, 23:16
We should adopt the American system of emptying clips at the people we don't want to govern.

Meet Mister ballot box, click...click

John Little
11-May-10, 08:52
I suppose it all boils down to what you think Democracy is.

To me it's about the popular vote - but Sara jevo is right- it makes for tribalism and coercion instead of consensus.

Good morning by the way.

ducati
11-May-10, 09:20
I suppose it all boils down to what you think Democracy is.

To me it's about the popular vote - but Sara jevo is right- it makes for tribalism and coercion instead of consensus.

Good morning by the way.

Good morning to you too.

Congrat's on the new addition to the family :cool:

What was I going to say? Oh yes. My vote wasn't very popular :Razz