PDA

View Full Version : House Swap wanted

simpsoney
08-Jun-06, 07:13
We are currently living in a 2 bedroomed house (housing association) in the Springpark area of Thurso. Due to another addition to the family due in November we are also looking for a house swap. We are looking for a three bedroomed house.

Anybody interested please give me a shout.

Cheers

Chicky
09-Jun-06, 09:04
God knows why any one would want to go from having a three bedroom to a two bedroom house :S thats just crazy!

footie chick
09-Jun-06, 09:41
If kids have left home maybe they would prefer to downsize.

simpsoney
09-Jun-06, 11:15
Sorry but this thread isnt about why people would want to swap from a three bedroomed house to a two bedroomed.

angela5
09-Jun-06, 12:21
Sorry but this thread isnt about why people would want to swap from a three bedroomed house to a two bedroomed.

Aye your right, it's about someone wanting to swap from a 2 bedroomed to a three bedroomed house.:lol:
Good luck! hope you find somewhere before november.:D

simpsoney
09-Jun-06, 13:57
Cheers for that angela5. I hope we find somewhere soon too!!

Chillie
09-Jun-06, 14:23
Won't the housing association rehome you in time for your new arrival?

simpsoney
14-Jun-06, 14:34
Not really. When i asked them how long they thought it would take, they said "how long is a piece of string!!!"

ice box
14-Jun-06, 14:45
Just keep pressure on them and they will soon get sick of you and give you a shift .

Wickerchick
14-Jun-06, 17:36
Try your local counciller if that fails get a doctors note or one from the midwife saying your health is suffering as you have no room in your house when the new one comes along, try anything and keep on at them cause they'll get fed up with you and give you a house.

Fran
15-Jun-06, 00:08
If you are in a 2 bedroom house with one child and another due they probably expect 2 children to share a room. how many children do you have?

simpsoney
15-Jun-06, 08:53
I have two other kids so with the baby it will make three.

Jeid
15-Jun-06, 12:58
Supposedly for the first year, the baby can share a room with the parents.

Fran
15-Jun-06, 16:53
If you will have 3 children and are in a 2 bedroom house, this will be overcrowding, so surely you will get a 3 bedroom house then. Maybe you will have luck once the baby is born, hope you do.

dunderheed
15-Jun-06, 17:02
i think a lot of it depends on the area of the town you would prefer to stay in.
when we stayed in springpark , we had a 2 bedroom house for me an hersell and the 2 rugrats , we were told that they didnt need to give us a bigger house til our kids(boy and girl) reached the age of 10 , we told them we were more than happy to move to any part of thurso . within 2-3 months we got our new house in ormlie. which i've got to admit is a far better scheme than it was portrayed as at the time.
since moving in here we have now bought our house and have come to love the area very much.

Woolie
15-Jun-06, 22:04
:lol:Just keep on at your landlord until you get what you need don't give up we did when we lived down south and got athree bed house also do what someone elese suggested and get your dr and midwife and if you can and you have one your health vistor your be surprised how much they can do good luck

Wickerchick
16-Jun-06, 14:08
My friend just got a house she has 2 kids with one on the way and kept on at them to give her another house and she got one so i would keep trying whoever owns the houses you stay in to get you a bigger house, as i said before see if your local counciller can do anything for you, or phone lord Thurso's secretary as she is so good. Hope you get a house soon