PDA

View Full Version : Ferrets

dbooth82
09-May-10, 21:39
hi am planning on gettin some pet ferrets,can any1 give me any advice on how to keep them,feed them etc..going to buy a big cage for indoors so all advice will be wel apreciated! and can i keep 2 of the same sex without fights etc.. cheers..:D

LORRAINE
10-May-10, 11:07
Hi i have always kept my girls together but boys seperate as i have found they do have a bit of banter i feed mine on either tinned cat food,fresh rabbit or complete ferret food which you can get at both pets at home or CLB if you get girls and you don't mate them they will need a jill jab when they are in season otherwise they can die from anemia or you could get a male and female and have the male vasectomised this way he can still mate the jill to bring her out of season but produce no babies but be warned their mating is very rough i hope this helps a wee bit they do make great pets if handled from the start:D

dbooth82
10-May-10, 15:05
thanks lorraine for all ur advice,its very helpful! id love to see pics of ur 1s if u wouldnt mind! cheers..:D

TisIivy
10-May-10, 16:23
Hi
good choice make excellent pets,seperate mine between april and end september only to stop them breeding outwith these times all 8 are together feed mine on dried stuff only reason dont give cat food or rabbit as they are inclined to hide food and can attract flies
have one doctored male in with females to take them out of season but he gets very protective of his harem and wont tolerate other three hobs come september he'll be fine.
easily house trained to go to cat litter as they generally go to toilet within 5 mins of wakening up and go to same spot, put litter tray with end lowered ( cut it off )as they back into tray. have kits just now and will have more in 4 weeks

dbooth82
10-May-10, 16:43
thanks TisIivy for that advice!:D..cheers..