PDA

View Full Version : Weydale

Mystical Potato Head
08-May-10, 18:33
Went for a walk down to Thurso castle this morning and somehow ended up walking to Waydale.:confused

Good oppertunity to try out the new camera(5DMKII) and lenses on somewhere i hadnt photographed before,especially as the light was so variable this morning.Spent a good 2 hours in full manual mode seeing what this gem of a camera can do.
Image quality in all types of light is superb,low light,high iso is really amazing,cant believe how little noise there is even at high iso's.

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo189/sat5_photos/IMG_0248flickr.jpg

wifie
08-May-10, 22:07
Man some depth achieved there! Great shot! Glad yer likin yer new toys! :D

Mystical Potato Head
08-May-10, 23:11
Man some depth achieved there! Great shot! Glad yer likin yer new toys! :D

Am liking the full frame vibe man,the views are wide [para]
Another couple of days out with them and we should be all set to hit some locations.. A few trips into the wilderness planned,just been waiting for the gear to arrive and get used to it,its here now so no excuses except i'm on 12hour days for a week.:roll:

wifie
08-May-10, 23:25
Am liking the full frame vibe man,the views are wide [para]
Another couple of days out with them and we should be all set to hit some locations.. A few trips into the wilderness planned,just been waiting for the gear to arrive and get used to it,its here now so no excuses except i'm on 12hour days for a week.:roll:

Ah no rest for the wicked!!! :Razz

(you must be wicked - I have tried photoshopping!!!)

wicker05
09-May-10, 00:00
I've just one comment to make.......WOW!

Mystical Potato Head
09-May-10, 15:50
Ah no rest for the wicked!!! :Razz

(you must be wicked - I have tried photoshopping!!!)

Wash your mouth out with soap and never speak of such witchcraft again.:evil

On the subject of photoshop,here's a HDR/tone mapped version.

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo189/sat5_photos/0248HDRflickr.jpg

wifie
09-May-10, 17:17
Hehe! ;)

Likin that version too! :)

dragonfly
09-May-10, 17:30
I thought the 1st one was HDR is it just the higher dynamic range of the 5DM2? both great but #2 edges it for me, more colour depth than #1

Mystical Potato Head
09-May-10, 19:30
I thought the 1st one was HDR is it just the higher dynamic range of the 5DM2? both great but #2 edges it for me, more colour depth than #1

The first one taken with a custom camera setting,sharpness and contrast at +6 &+4 respectively,saturation and colour tone at neutral.
Lens polariser set at max.
Photoshop sharpening..1.5 pixel radius at 100%
Made the brown grass in the foreground more orange.

The second one i just went mental with Photomatix.

So the vast majority is down to the camera and i would hope the dynamic range,colour sensitivity and overall image quality of what is a professional camera would be noticably improved regardless of the content.Well i know that for a fact because i took a few real stinkers yesterday but boy they were good quality stinkers.:lol: