PDA

View Full Version : Billy

Fstevens
08-May-10, 17:18
Mop Top I must sadly tell you that sweet Billy was put to sleep today, he had two fits last year, and just wasnt the same, but two days ago he had another, this one really did for him, he did not know who we were, where he was, it was heartbreaking, so we did the last act of love for him and had him put to rest,
The Vet said it well might have been a brain tumour, poor little man, but now he is at peace.

Sadly missed, always with us. God bless little manxx:(

cuddlepop
09-May-10, 14:37
Mop Top I must sadly tell you that sweet Billy was put to sleep today, he had two fits last year, and just wasnt the same, but two days ago he had another, this one really did for him, he did not know who we were, where he was, it was heartbreaking, so we did the last act of love for him and had him put to rest,
The Vet said it well might have been a brain tumour, poor little man, but now he is at peace.

Thats so sad,so sorry about you losing your animal.:(

Liz
09-May-10, 18:07
So sorry for your loss.:~(

teenybash
09-May-10, 18:21
Oh how sad, but you gave such a bundle of happiness to take with him to the other side.......

mop top
10-May-10, 07:17
Fay

So sorry to hear about Billy he was such a lovely old man and just worshipped you and Terry. Take comfort in the fact that after the first rotten years of his he spent his last 4 enjoying the comfort, love and warmth of your home. Ruling the world from the comfort of your sofa a wee whippet type who thought he was a dane! love and hugs take care x

Lavenderblue2
10-May-10, 07:53
Poor Billy, my heart goes out to you, I'm so sorry for your loss.

Fstevens
10-May-10, 13:31
Many thanks for all the kind replies I had about my sweet little Billy.

I miss him so, but was so lucky to have had him, Bless Billy Mummy:(

pegasus
10-May-10, 22:21

How devastating for you, I completely understand how hurt you must have felt. :~(

Fstevens
26-May-10, 16:27
Hi.
It is with a very heavy heart, I have to tell you, that my beauriful Borzoi Yuri died on Sat morning on our way home from the Vet, just died in my arms, we had been told he was ill will a bad heart, which we did not know about, we took him because he was coughing,
So please dear folk watch out for a cough, maybe nohing, but best to be sure. Yuri was only 6 years old, and the sweetest of dogs.
One friend lost a few days ago my Billy, but now this, I am shattered.:(:(

carasmam
26-May-10, 16:47
Sorry you've lost 2 pals in such a short space of time :(
Thinking off you x

puffin croft
26-May-10, 18:35
so sorry u have lost your friends,i agree about the cough,my sister lost a cat the same way,went to the vets with a cough and lost her a little way later from heart failure.thinking of you,stay strong.

dbooth82
26-May-10, 18:46
thats so sad to hear but you done the right thing ,thinking of yous such sad news,:(

teenybash
26-May-10, 19:25
Oh, how my heart breaks for you.....to cradle your beautiful Yuri and feel him slip away............He is with Billy now, tails wagging as they greet each other. It will take time to mend your broken heart, but know that someday two more needy souls will pass your way and maybe you will let them stay and share the love, that once you gave to Yuri and Billy.
Hang in there and let your tears fall and you will heal.:~(

Dadie
26-May-10, 20:47
So sorry to hear of your losses.
Sometimes they go down hard and fast.:(

House will seem empty....

Jovi
26-May-10, 21:00
So sorry to hear your very sad news.

Liz
26-May-10, 23:18
Oh I am so very, very sorry that you have lost your lovely Yuri so soon after losing Billy and at such a young age.
My heart goes out to you and know how much you are hurting.
Just let the tears flow and one day you will remember them both with smiles instead of tears.

You are in my thoughts and prayers. xxx

Margaret M.
28-May-10, 05:03
Such sad news -- my deepest sympathy to you on the loss of your four legged friends.

Miss Dizzy
28-May-10, 16:40
To lose one is hard enough but to lose 2 in such a short space of time must be unbearable. My love and thoughts are with you. :~(

stromalassy
28-May-10, 17:27
Hi.
It is with a very heavy heart, I have to tell you, that my beauriful Borzoi Yuri died on Sat morning on our way home from the Vet, just died in my arms, we had been told he was ill will a bad heart, which we did not know about, we took him because he was coughing,
So please dear folk watch out for a cough, maybe nohing, but best to be sure. Yuri was only 6 years old, and the sweetest of dogs.
One friend lost a few days ago my Billy, but now this, I am shattered.:(:( you must be so devastated, my heart goes out to you, i myself am in the process of making a decision of whether to put my dog to sleep or not, she is just over 14yrs old and has tumors and a bad heart, had arranged for vet to come to house and put her to sleep 2 wks ago but couldn't go through with it as she appears so well, she is eating, drinking and still enjoying a walk even though she has lost the use of a leg she appears to be happy, i won't let her suffer, i know the inevitable is going to happen but she will let me know when she is ready. God it's hard, i've had her since she was 8wks old, she was my 1st baby. I hate when people say it's only a dog!! they are part of the family, my dog has seen me through a lot of tough times and is my best friend. Hope you feel better soon, feel for you, take care x

Fstevens
28-May-10, 19:54
How kind you are, and my heart is now heavy for you now, I have lost six of my beloved dogs in the last four years, I have been a rescuer of Borzoi for 30 years, and it does not get any easier I can tell you, but the loss of three in 4 months, two of which were just a week apart, really tore my heart to bits, but I will do it again if another poor little soul comes my way, so much love was mine, they gave me so very much.

Please take comfort that you were her owner, she could have had someone who did not love her as you have, and I am a firm believer she will tell you when it is time, be strong be ,with her and talk to her and cuddle her.

People who say
"It is only a dog" I feel so sorry for, that they have missed the gift of God, a dogs love.

Thinking of you and you baby.
Kindest thoughts Fay

stromalassy
28-May-10, 20:48
How kind you are, and my heart is now heavy for you now, I have lost six of my beloved dogs in the last four years, I have been a rescuer of Borzoi for 30 years, and it does not get any easier I can tell you, but the loss of three in 4 months, two of which were just a week apart, really tore my heart to bits, but I will do it again if another poor little soul comes my way, so much love was mine, they gave me so very much.

Please take comfort that you were her owner, she could have had someone who did not love her as you have, and I am a firm believer she will tell you when it is time, be strong be ,with her and talk to her and cuddle her.

People who say
"It is only a dog" I feel so sorry for, that they have missed the gift of God, a dogs love.

Thinking of you and you baby.
Kindest thoughts Fay
thanks for your kind words, i appreciate them, i'm finding this hard as i have never gone through it before, the thought of not having her anymore breaks my heart, but what must be will be. thanks again and keep up the good work.

Liz
28-May-10, 23:11
Fay my heart really goes out to you.To lose so many beloved dogs in such a short space of time is absolutely heartbreaking.:~(

Stromalassy I , and I am sure many of us, know exactly what you are going through right now and send you love and cyber hugs.
As you rightly say though she will let you know when she has had enough and it sounds as if she is enjoying life and wants to stay with you for a while yet.:D

Only other dog (animal) lovers understand just how much love and companionship they give us and what a huge gap they leave in our lives when they leave us.

I truly believe that we are reunited with them again one day and this gives me great comfort even though I miss all my animal family who have crossed over.

Thinking of you both. xxx

Margaret M.
29-May-10, 02:55
Stromalassy, my heart goes out to you too -- it's the dilemma that pet lovers dread and it is never easy. You will know when it is time.

stromalassy
29-May-10, 10:58
Thanks all for your kind words, hopefully we will have a good few months with holly yet, in the meantime she is getting spoilt rotten. Thanks again all x

Tinkerbell09
01-Jun-10, 01:45
What a sad thread :(

My heart goes out to you both!

Tink
xx

neelie
01-Jun-10, 23:22
we too lost our old friend recently and it broke our hearts but i take comfort in knowing that we ended his suffering, instead of prolonging it. i only wish we could do it for our human loved ones. we had him cremated and now he sits looking over the garden in the sun, that was where he was at his happiest (after a long walk).

i am so sorry for you on the loss of your two dogs............. so hard.

take care