PDA

View Full Version : Who will win the World cup?

willowbankbear
07-Jun-06, 10:52
As its only 2 days away from the opening game & the T.V stations & media have reached fever pitch, I decided we`d have an Orgers poll to see who`s going to win, maybe yer tips are not in here, Im just going with the first teams I can remember..

mike.mckenzie
07-Jun-06, 12:09
How could you miss off Italy?! I think they have a great chance this year...

Chillie
07-Jun-06, 13:27
If you are to conduct a poll of who win's the World Cup then please ensure that all the countries get a fair vote,:mad: or could it be as your signature(G W Bush) suggest's , it's my way or no way at all. [disgust]

Billy Boy
07-Jun-06, 13:52
How could you miss off Italy?! I think they have a great chance this year...

your spot on, they wont be to far away:)

willowbankbear
07-Jun-06, 15:14
If you are to conduct a poll of who win's the World Cup then please ensure that all the countries get a fair vote,:mad: or could it be as your signature(G W Bush) suggest's , it's my way or no way at all. [disgust]

Read it man, OTHER that means Italy & all the teams I dont have on the poll. Im only allowed 10 options, I missed out Holland Italy & a couple of other highly fancied teams, well it was early in the day & as I said ,it was the first 1`s that came to my head

The Pepsi Challenge
07-Jun-06, 16:38
Easy, the USA.

scorrie
07-Jun-06, 17:18
Easy, the USA.

Yes, I forsee the USA winning after a last minute touchdown takes the game to overtime and they then convert a 54yd field goal with the hysterical commentator screaming "This game is History"

The Pepsi Challenge
07-Jun-06, 17:42
Football is, to quote Kofi Annan "the only game that is played in every nation in the world, by every religion." So, given that America dominate the world, it's only right they should win the World Cup, and be the first nation to win a game they don't call the same as the rest of the world. I'm rootin' for them!

obiron
07-Jun-06, 19:39
brazil to win.

Astra
07-Jun-06, 22:14
What a load of rubbish .

willowbankbear
07-Jun-06, 22:33
So ye went for the dont care then Astra, I JUST knew ye were going to do that when I started the poll, so I put that bit in especially for you & Bingobabe[lol]

angela5
07-Jun-06, 22:36
So ye went for the dont care then Astra, I JUST knew ye were going to do that when I started the poll, so I put that bit in especially for you & Bingobabe[lol]

And the other 17..:lol:

Astra
07-Jun-06, 23:03
So ye went for the dont care then Astra, I JUST knew ye were going to do that when I started the poll, so I put that bit in especially for you & Bingobabe[lol]Whats it got to do with u if i dont like football thats the reason the poll there

[lol]

canuck
08-Jun-06, 05:20
I am sticking with Greece.

dunderheed
08-Jun-06, 09:28
I am sticking with Greece.

isn't that an oxymoron?[lol]

melted_wellie
08-Jun-06, 12:08
Lets be honest here.........It doesnt really matter who wins,as long as it isnt England.

Mamabear
08-Jun-06, 12:34
Whats wrong with England? Theyre not a real threat to Brazil are they honestly, so why worry about them? They dont matter

DrSzin
08-Jun-06, 12:53
Lets be honest here.........It doesnt really matter who wins,as long as it isnt England.Even if you get them in the sweep? ;)

melted_wellie
08-Jun-06, 16:31
Even if you get them in the sweep? ;)yip.even if i get them in the sweep,i hope they are on the first plane home.

2little2late
08-Jun-06, 20:52
As its only 2 days away from the opening game & the T.V stations & media have reached fever pitch, I decided we`d have an Orgers poll to see who`s going to win, maybe yer tips are not in here, Im just going with the first teams I can remember..

Australia are my choice to win the world cup.

footie chick
08-Jun-06, 21:03
Australia are my choice to win the world cup.

Snap thats my team too odds are 100/1 worth a few? [lol]

Cedric Farthsbottom III
08-Jun-06, 21:15
England.....a funny feeling I had today.

willowbankbear
08-Jun-06, 21:18

Cedric that isnt remotely funny man[lol]

Cedric Farthsbottom III
08-Jun-06, 21:22
Was eating ma lunch and had a Mars Bar(or Believe Bar) for puddin'.....suddenly got this weird feeling going on in ma heid saying England to win the Cup!!!! :lol: :lol:

the charlatans
08-Jun-06, 21:22
Are you supporting Engerland then Stone Roses?:)

Billy Boy
08-Jun-06, 21:23

cedric man, your signature say's it all lol[lol]

willowbankbear
08-Jun-06, 21:35
Are you supporting Engerland then Stone Roses?:)

Only if they play Germany, even then Im not really fussed about them. Dont want the Germans to win unless they start to play stylish football.

As you ken , I follow Spanish football, so I will be hoping they do a bit better than they have done recently, so that my spanish pal & me can go to the pub when I get home & watch the football:Razz

mccaugm
09-Jun-06, 16:05
World cup games - waste of a good night in....wish they had a single channel to show all the games so us non-football fans could get a break from world cup fever(nausea).

If I had to be pushed then Trinidad and Tobaggo...[evil]