PDA

View Full Version : Walk the Walk

wifie
07-May-10, 03:40
OK lovely orgers! I have decided to hoof round the beautiful city of Edinburgh in my bra once more! As it starts at midnight hopefully most good folk will be in bed and not unduly disturbed by this! :lol:

The generosity of my Org sponsors astounded me last year! Thank you again!

Please PM me if you would like details of my Bmycharity (commission free service!) page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/walkingfilms#p/u/2/YuFy_cAQ07I

The above link gives you a flavour of the event and the charity (I am actually in this vid but I ain't sayin where!!! :cool: If any orger spots me and spills I will have to keel them - after they have sponsored me of course!)

FYI, Anfield, I have paid to enter this event, Edinburgh is just down the motorway from me and all money raised by me goes direct to the charity! ;) (Kenny Dalglish is one of my all time heroes (serious!) and I hope this influences yer decision to bump my thread x)

laguna2
07-May-10, 11:46
;) I know where you are in the vid!!!!

However, as you are walking for a very good reason - I will not let the cat out of the bag :)

Best of luck with the walk wifie.

My sponsorship will be with you shortly!

riggerboy
07-May-10, 11:48
i`ll double my donation if you walk around edinbrugh without yer bra, !!!

wifie
07-May-10, 15:50
@laguna - I look forward to that and don't take any bribes! ;)

@riggerboy - not a chance - big enough step the undies mate!

Anfield
07-May-10, 21:01
The generosity of my Org sponsors astounded me last year! Thank you again!

FYI, Anfield, I have paid to enter this event, Edinburgh is just down the motorway from me and all money raised by me goes direct to the charity! ;) (Kenny Dalglish is one of my all time heroes (serious!) and I hope this influences yer decision to bump my thread x)

Hey Wifie, you do not have to apologise to me. You are going to Edinburgh to raise money at a UK charitable event (http://www.walkthewalk.org/Health so good on you and I have sent a PM asking for donation details

King Kenny is not just the greatest living Scotsman of all time, he is even greater than all the dead ones to, except maybe Bill Shankly

Incidentally, his wife was diagnosed with breast cancer in 1993 and has since launched her own charity and seeing as how you "dissed" me I hope you dont mind if if I give her website a mention:

http://www.marinadalglishappeal.org/

When you finish why don't you auction your bra on here?
I know Drunken Duck would make a bid for it.

Good luck

wifie
07-May-10, 22:06
Great reply Anfield and thank you for the better link! I shall reply to you PM for my donation page details and thank you in advance!

I did know about Kenny's wife, Marina, and as you have been so kind to me and I used his name to be cheeky I shall in return make a donation to her charity.

Yer right too Mr Shankly was indeed some character! Are you loving the Sony ad too or mibbe not? ;)

PMSL at auctioning my bra - I think I will just keep it as a souvenir/work of art! Last year's one was a beautiful pair of very fluffy saltires!!! :cool:

Venture
07-May-10, 22:56
When you finish why don't you auction your bra on here?
I know Drunken Duck would make a bid for it.

Good luck

Why? Is he in to parachutes.;)[lol]

wifie
07-May-10, 23:14
Why? Is he in to parachutes.;)[lol]

He is into planes! :Razz

PS DD if yer readin saw an awsome low flyer over here today!!!

scorrie
09-May-10, 01:02
Chaos in Edinburgh as Wifie's Bra shakes loose and causes mayhem!!

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i237/scorrie57/giant_bra_05.jpg

wifie
09-May-10, 01:45
Thanks for that scorrie! :Razz

crayola
09-May-10, 01:47
Good luck with the walk wifie.

ducati
09-May-10, 07:54

As if Princes Street wasn't bad enough ![lol]

wifie
09-May-10, 17:00
Thanks for yer good wishes crayola! :)

Ducati yer right! I will have to be careful or I will be about as popular as the trams! :Razz

Kevin Milkins
11-May-10, 00:03
That has come around very quick, and I spotted you in the video clip, wifie.

Good luck and hope you raise loads of money this year again.:D

theone
11-May-10, 00:52
Post details of your donations page here.

It's been done before, it doesn't break any rules and I'm sure it will raise more money.

Good luck!

wifie
11-May-10, 10:53
Mind now Kev - no bribe taking! ;)

Thanks for the good wishes the one! :)

laguna2
12-May-10, 16:38

brilliant scorrie! :lol:

Margaret M.
13-May-10, 18:45
Last year's one was a beautiful pair of very fluffy saltires!!! :cool:

Alrightie then, Wifie, post a pic of you in your fluffy saltire and I'll double the donation. :D

Moira
13-May-10, 20:14
Oh my goodness Margaret M, many a word is spoken in jest but in this case you lose....

Best write out your cheque (check) now (in GBP 'cos we don't want Wifie to lose out on the exchange rate and/or currency transfer fees). Wifie posted photos of her fluffy Saltires last year.

Btw, all best wishes to everyone taking part in the Moonwalk and associated events this year. :D

wifie
13-May-10, 22:20
Hey thanks Moira for gettin me off the hook there nicely! I did indeed post a wee pic last year Margaret!

I echo your sentiments too, Moira, good luck to everyone in their endeavours and hope they are enjoying the training like I am! :D

Margaret M.
18-May-10, 04:12
Wifie posted photos of her fluffy Saltires last year.

But I did not see them. So, Wifie, while you are reposting your fluffy Saltires howsabout a link to the donation site in case I have to head back there.

Margaret M.
04-Jun-10, 14:19
Best write out your cheque (check) now (in GBP 'cos we don't want Wifie to lose out on the exchange rate and/or currency transfer fees). Wifie posted photos of her fluffy Saltires last year.

Done. Won't be long now, Wifie, I hope you are training hard. :D

wifie
04-Jun-10, 16:08
Yep, Margaret, rackin up the miles and and enjoying the weather and light nights! :D

Venture
04-Jun-10, 17:14
Yep, Margaret, rackin up the miles and and enjoying the weather and light nights! :D

Have Hector and Morag had an airing yet then?;)

wifie
04-Jun-10, 17:20
Hahahaha! No not until the night itself! ;)

Venture
20-Jun-10, 21:21
Congratulations to you pal on Walking the Walk, all 26 miles and a bit more.:) You've raised a great sum for a great cause. Get your feet up and polish that medal. I hear Hector and Morag are doing an interview with Farmers' Weekly. [lol]

wifie
20-Jun-10, 21:45
LOL thanks Venture!

I had a ball if a bit sorer than last year. The weather was great and it is fabulous to see the sun come up!

Hector and Morag are goin to the Highland Show next weekend! They were very popular on the night and had a great time also!

cherokee
20-Jun-10, 21:48
Well Done Wifie !!
(not forgetting Hector and Morag of course !!)
:lol::lol:

teenybash
20-Jun-10, 22:29
Congatulations and well done.......:)

Venture
20-Jun-10, 22:33
LOL thanks Venture!

I had a ball if a bit sorer than last year. The weather was great and it is fabulous to see the sun come up!

Hector and Morag are goin to the Highland Show next weekend! They were very popular on the night and had a great time also!

Now I hope you protected them wifie and didn't allow them to be manhandled by anyone in the crowds.;);)

wifie
20-Jun-10, 23:09
Now I hope you protected them wifie and didn't allow them to be manhandled by anyone in the crowds.;)

I was very protective of my pair! ;);)

wifie
20-Jun-10, 23:14
Also should have said thank you to my sponsoring Orgers! Really thank you I needed inspiration last night and you all got me there - that and the thought of the cause! :D

Kevin Milkins
21-Jun-10, 00:01
Well done wifie, a great effort and accomplishment by you all.

Liz
21-Jun-10, 00:17
Well done to you and your bosom buddies!:D

horseman
21-Jun-10, 01:46
Super as always ,:)

John Little
21-Jun-10, 06:48
Well done Wife - and the coos! :Razz

wicker8
21-Jun-10, 11:04
well done wifie :D:D:D

Iffy
21-Jun-10, 15:31
I clean forgot to congratulate you last night Wifie, in the "Chat Room" - SORRY !!
I wondered why you were feeling tired LOL !:)
So here's my belated CONGRATULATIONS AND WELL DONE YOU !

wifie
21-Jun-10, 16:06
NP Iffy! :D

Sporran
21-Jun-10, 23:08
Wifie, I am moost proud of you, Hector and Morag! You did an udderly fantastic job! Well done, and you certainly deserved that medal!!! :D

wifie
21-Jun-10, 23:08
TY Sporran! That was very mooooooooooooooooooving!