PDA

View Full Version : Who's staying up all night?

Blarney
06-May-10, 23:49
Who intends to stay up all night to see the election results as they come in and how do you plan to stay awake?

The Drunken Duck
06-May-10, 23:59
I'll be up for a while yet, watching Channel 4's "alternative" Election show. Its quite funny and more my taste than the Beeb or Sky. Had Insomnia lately so staying awake shouldn't be a problem.

Looking like a Hung Parliament at this stage though.

Kodiak
07-May-10, 00:11
To pot with it, I'm off to Hibernate till there's a new Government.

cazmanian_minx
07-May-10, 00:23
Watching the BBC coverage here - I can't resist David Dimbleby or Jeremy Vine and all the snazzy graphics. Still miss Peter Snow though. Not sure I'll make it much past 3am though.

The Drunken Duck
07-May-10, 01:10
Sky seem to be picking up results quicker than the Beeb.

But we have seen the Police investigating nearly 30 cases of Postal Voter Fraud, Voters have been turned away from Polling Stations, Stations have run out of Ballot Papers .. what on earth is going on ??

I want rid of Labour but I can see poetic justice if they win and end up having to sort out the mess they created. But I am off to bed now, I have just seen Harriet Harman in close up and need a lie down after that .. :eek:

Night Night.

Anfield
07-May-10, 01:27
01:15 and I am still up. listening to the Incredible Sting Band and have just opened my last tin of Tennants.

OH has gone to bed and one of our cats is break-dancing on my keyboard

Don't give a toss about election, as long as Manchester United don't win it, ooops sorry, wrong thread.

No matter who wins as I, as a S/E businessman who has no children, a drinker, 2 car owner (packed up smoking a couple of years ago) householder just await my inevitable fate, Tax, more paperwork and a reduction in the services I used to take for granted..

Beam me up Scottie

Bazeye
07-May-10, 02:29
01:15 and I am still up. listening to the Incredible Sting Band and have just opened my last tin of Tennants.

OH has gone to bed and one of our cats is break-dancing on my keyboard

Don't give a toss about election, as long as Manchester United don't win it, ooops sorry, wrong thread.

No matter who wins as I, as a S/E businessman who has no children, a drinker, 2 car owner (packed up smoking a couple of years ago) householder just await my inevitable fate, Tax, more paperwork and a reduction in the services I used to take for granted..

Beam me up Scottie

Good luck in next seasons prestigious Europa League.

ducati
07-May-10, 02:38
Cons. have just gained a flurry of seats, starting to look good to avoid the hung P. You Scots look like you may end up with no Con. seats at all :eek:

When are you going to learn that if you vote against the Tories they won't pay a lot of attention to Scotland. Why would they? :roll:

Oh, drinking a very good organic single malt who's name escapesme and i think I am going blind

Anfield
07-May-10, 02:57
Good luck in next seasons prestigious Europa League.

We arenot even in it yet If Portsmouth win appeal lhey will quakify

ducati
07-May-10, 02:58
We arenot even in it yet If Portsmouth win appeal lhey will quakify

You on the malt too? :eek:

Metalattakk
07-May-10, 03:13
When are you going to learn that if you vote against the Tories they won't pay a lot of attention to Scotland. Why would they? :roll:

Why should we vote for them? Their track record in dealing with Scotland is laughable, and that's a track record they created all on their own.

They made their bed, and they know it. And they know they'll have to lie in it.

Anfield
07-May-10, 03:35
You on the malt too? :eek:

Nah Tennant's

Metalattakk
07-May-10, 03:43
Nah Tennant's

Maybe you should try to be a little bit less bibulous?

Tennent's, not Tennant's. ;)

Anyway, hope you're not feeling too crapulent (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/crapulent)in the morning. :D

wifie
07-May-10, 03:51
When are you going to learn that if you vote against the Tories they won't pay a lot of attention to Scotland.

You mean if Scots voted for them they would? :lol:

Disclaimer:- I have no political affiliation!

Metalattakk
07-May-10, 04:04
John Thurso FTW

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/election2010/results/constituency/809.stm

ducati
07-May-10, 04:38
John Thurso FTW

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/election2010/results/constituency/809.stm

Ho Hum :roll:

The Pepsi Challenge
07-May-10, 05:08
Unlucky, John Mackay, you ran him close(r). You fought a good campaign and it would have been good to see a local lad who lives locally and who truly has local issues at heart make it to Parliament. Seems a lot of (Caithness) Lib-Dem supporters continue to support their party, one feels, out of habit. And more's the pity. Here's hoping for a more positive result next time, Mackay.

webmannie
07-May-10, 08:44
Unlucky, John Mackay, you ran him close(r). You fought a good campaign and it would have been good to see a local lad who lives locally and who truly has local issues at heart make it to Parliament. Seems a lot of (Caithness) Lib-Dem supporters continue to support their party, one feels, out of habit. And more's the pity. Here's hoping for a more positive result next time, Mackay.

Did we not already have a 'local lad who lives locally and who truly has local issues at heart'? You need to get better at 'spin', maybe you'll improve by the next election!

Wonder how long Mr Mackay stays up here for now? (ooh sarcasm first thing in the morning, not a good start)

bekisman
07-May-10, 09:25
Oh well I managed it till 03.12.. woke up to read:
"Mr Clegg, who said during the campaign it had turned into a "two-horse race" between his party and the Tories, may end up with fewer seats than 2005"
I love it, cuts the git down to size :lol:

Mr Z
07-May-10, 09:29
Hanging is just what some of these politicians need!!!!

Andfield
07-May-10, 09:44

I asked this question on another thread but nobody local answered me.
How come the MacKay fellow is 'local' when he apparently lives and works somewhere in England and has rented a house in Dunnett temporarily.
The other beardy fellow has apparently been local (at Thurso East) for a long time and his ancestors for around three hundred years before that).

Having recently arrived from Liverpool I do not have any indepth knowledge of local politics but is there no element of truth involved :eek:

wifie
07-May-10, 10:09
Having recently arrived from Liverpool I do not have any indepth knowledge of local politics but is there no element of truth involved :eek:

Politics, darling, politics! ;)

Metalattakk
07-May-10, 10:12

You're obviously also unaccustomed to Pepsi's particularly virulent methods of pot-stirring.

Flame-baiting at it's worst/best. ;)

Tom Cornwall
07-May-10, 10:13
alex salmond IS absurd...what happened to his 20 seats he was forecasting he would get... scotland does NOT want independence

achingale
07-May-10, 10:18
I think that is a bit of a sweeping statement Tom. There are some people out there that do want independence. His hope of 20 seats he knew just was not going to happen but it got the newspaper headlines which is what he was aiming for. As for staying up, no I did not nor would I ever! It is just not worth it. We all find out the following day and that is good enough for me.

wifie
07-May-10, 10:24
You're obviously also unaccustomed to Pepsi's particularly virulent methods of pot-stirring.

Flame-baiting at it's worst/best. ;)

Would that be the pot from the phrase pot/kettle? :lol: :Razz

Metalattakk
07-May-10, 10:27
Would that be the pot from the phrase pot/kettle? :lol: :Razz

LOL! Aye, but you'll never see me post outrageous lies just to wind people up. ;)

wifie
07-May-10, 10:37
LOL! Aye, but you'll never see me post outrageous lies just to wind people up. ;)

Ooooooh can I save this to quote ya sometime? :cool:

Metalattakk
07-May-10, 10:50
Ooooooh can I save this to quote ya sometime? :cool:
Of course. I never tell lies. ;)

Blarney
08-May-10, 00:41
Oh well I managed it till 03.12.. woke up to read:
"Mr Clegg, who said during the campaign it had turned into a "two-horse race" between his party and the Tories, may end up with fewer seats than 2005"
I love it, cuts the git down to size :lol:
When the smarmy gits get egg on their faces it puts them right in their place and that one made me laugh out loud! BTW I have to confess that shortly after starting this thread, I realised that I would never be able to stay awake all night so went to bed instead. There was a day when I used to stay up all night and I loved the excitement of it all but nowadays I'd never make work in the morning:D

Blarney
08-May-10, 00:44
Hanging is just what some of these politicians need!!!!
...and I know just the man for the job! Riggerboy where are you????

wifie
08-May-10, 00:55
...and I know just the man for the job! Riggerboy where are you????

Good job he likes to wear his mask anyway - handy for the job! ;)

Blarney
09-May-10, 22:10
Good job he likes to wear his mask anyway - handy for the job! ;)
Think he keeps that mask for his Saturday night antics. Just hoping that he's not planning to wear it to the Masquerade Ball.....er Wifie, do you want to tell him that it isn't THAT type of mask you have to wear:eek:

wifie
09-May-10, 23:37
Think he keeps that mask for his Saturday night antics. Just hoping that he's not planning to wear it to the Masquerade Ball.....er Wifie, do you want to tell him that it isn't THAT type of mask you have to wear:eek:

I am not sure he is the type to be told, Blarney! ;)