PDA

View Full Version : Bringing on labor

adi1
06-May-10, 21:37
As we approach the end of a political day I would like to ask about a different kind of labor.
You see Mrs Adi is due to give birth anyday and she would like a few suggestions on how to bring on labor.
She as tried a great deal of things such as
Pineapple
Raspberry Tea
Castor Oil
Hot Curry
Exercise Ball
Walking
Hows your Father lol
Evening Primrose oil
As anyone got anymore suggestions on what as worked for them.
Your help will be greatfully received on any information as she is driving me nuts lol.

Kodiak
06-May-10, 21:48
Let Nature take its own time, it is the best way. :D

adi1
06-May-10, 21:50
Thanks Kodiak Ive tried telling her that lol

upolian
06-May-10, 22:12
Apparently going on a trampoline helps

Dadie
06-May-10, 22:13
Keep busy!
It doesnt help labour start any earlier but it takes the mind off the wait!
Failing that a nice hot bath with radox bubbles and a good soak followed by a good night may help relax her!
Mine were all early, but, the last few days felt like a lifetime:lol:

Vistravi
06-May-10, 22:16
Baby will come when he or she is ready to. My baby can't quite make his/her mind up about it at the moment. One minute he/she wants to and then the next he/she doesn't.

Bascially nothing will work if your partner's body and baby isn'te ready for labour. The things she has tried will only work if her body and her baby are ready. I can compeltly understand her frustration of just wanting it down and over and to meet her baby but nature is the only way unless the baby really doesn't want to come out that is!

Dadie
06-May-10, 22:20
Would avoid the castor oil though!
All that does is upset the stomach.... not nice but I suppose running to the loo will take your mind off a lot of things!

Vistravi
06-May-10, 22:20
Keep busy!
It doesnt help labour start any earlier but it takes the mind off the wait!
Failing that a nice hot bath with radox bubbles and a good soak followed by a good night may help relax her!
Mine were all early, but, the last few days felt like a lifetime:lol:

I had a lovely hot bath last night and my wee monkey wanted to come out and play in it :lol: It defintly helped me relax and i felt full of energy today. I used this to do lots of things lol. I helped my mum get her huge pile of washign down, washed my partner's, his dad's and his mum's car and then made everyone spag bol for dinner. :)

The putting out of the washing was met with my mum telling me off lol and the washing of the cars was met with my partner and his mum telling me no at first lol.

Keeping busy defintly helps you feel better.

Tugmistress
06-May-10, 22:28
half a pound of fresh cherries worked for me, my next door but one neighbour and another friend :lol:

adi1
06-May-10, 22:41
Thanks alot for all your replies
Im on for saying baby will come when he/she is ready but it falls on deaf ears lol
Now cherries never heard that before, could be difficult to source this time of year, anyone seen them in the Supermarkets??

Dadie
06-May-10, 23:02
If Mrs Adi goes over her dates she could ask for a sweep from the midwives.
Might help things along .....
(bit like a smear test in the lack of dignity but if she is that desperate..:lol:)

ShelleyCowie
06-May-10, 23:05
I tried everything with my first son and nothing worked, 9 days overdue aswell!! :roll: The midwifes actually told us to go home and ya know...do the dirty! :lol: Nope still nothing!

Dont intend on trying any of that this time, it will come when its ready i guess.

Babys can be stubborn like that! Good luck tho :Razz

adi1
06-May-10, 23:06
If Mrs Adi goes over her dates she could ask for a sweep from the midwives.
Might help things along .....
(bit like a smear test in the lack of dignity but if she is that desperate..:lol:)

The midwife is coming on Sunday for that, thank you for the advice though dadie

Sandra_B
07-May-10, 07:35
Make plans for the "last weekend before the baby gets here". Worked for me twice, they were both born on Fridays...

Vistravi
07-May-10, 21:36
If you're brave enough remind her when your baby does decide that the time has come to greet you both, on how much she wanted it to happen ;)

Good luck when baby does decide to come. It's an amazing thing that i'm looking so forward to going through.

adi1
11-May-10, 10:46
A quick update on things.
Midwife did not come Sunday for the sweep as Wick Maternity where too busy.
Apparently they had 2 ladies already in with labor.
So still nothing, +3 now for Mrs Adi and we did try the cherries to no avail.
BTW there is no chance this baby is being born in Inverness no way am I driving Mrs Adi on a 2 and half hour trip down there, anything could happen.
So more nerve jangling going on for now.

ShelleyCowie
11-May-10, 13:52
A quick update on things.
Midwife did not come Sunday for the sweep as Wick Maternity where too busy.
Apparently they had 2 ladies already in with labor.
So still nothing, +3 now for Mrs Adi and we did try the cherries to no avail.
BTW there is no chance this baby is being born in Inverness no way am I driving Mrs Adi on a 2 and half hour trip down there, anything could happen.
So more nerve jangling going on for now.

Get her walking up and down stairs for 5-10 minutes, then on the excercise ball straight away. Instead of doing these things one at a time get as many done one after the other!

And em.....doing...well ya know (lol) wouldnt hurt either! :lol: and im about to say something embarrassing but try a different "position" where gravity will come into tactics! im not getting graphic on a forum though so wont tell u what to do!

Gravity is the key though :Razz

I was +9 days with my first son and it felt like another year added on so i know how she feels! And im only 23+3 with my 2nd baby and its taking forever!

Leanne
11-May-10, 13:56
Sex - failsafe!

adi1
11-May-10, 14:57
Sex - failsafe!

believe me we have tried lol

Vistravi
11-May-10, 15:09
believe me we have tried lol

Keep trying ;)

Just think of it as two things, 1 it will help baby come out sooner and 2 it may be a while before you've got the energy for it. You can do it right up til the waters go!

Leanne
11-May-10, 15:56
Think of it as a natural sweep ;)

singysmum
11-May-10, 16:04
Organise something really special, meal out, shopping trip anything and you can nearly guarantee the little person will put paid to all your well laid plans and make an appearance as soon as you are ready to go out! Actually I don't think they stop doing that for the rest of their lives!! Hope all goes well for all three of you. ;)

adi1
11-May-10, 21:05
Thanks for all your advice and well wishing, will let folk know soon as something happens.

Dadie
11-May-10, 21:19
Take a run in the car over all the potholes around... there is plenty to choose from!