PDA

View Full Version : sea fishing boat trips

dunderheed
06-Jun-06, 13:01
looking for a little advice here, maybe someone will know.
i am planning to take me son and my nephew sea fishing this year , hopefully on one of these chartered boat trips, does anyone know if there is an age restriction ? my son will be 9 and my nephew 13.i assume most boats will have lifejackets for youngsters if they are permitted to go on them as their safety is my main priority.
also do the boats supply rods , tackle and bait ?
thanks in advance.

pedromcgrory
06-Jun-06, 13:25
yes they supply rods both charter boats ie harpers or susans ,10 pound a trip 5 pound a rod hire just supply ur own tackle its good fun i was out on both boats last year several times but with the kids id say go to susans its a bigger boat little bit slower to and there is all saftey aspects carried out as procedure but they and urself will enjoy it as long as u get a good calm day

ice box
06-Jun-06, 15:01
Try the M.V Karen was out on her a couple of times and it got plenty of space to fish
Have a look http://www.karenseaangling.co.uk/news.php

Cedric Farthsbottom III
06-Jun-06, 15:02
Dunderheed,give us a shout when yer going,fancy a wee bit o' sea fishin masel'.Never done it,but always willing to gie anything a try.:D

willowbankbear
06-Jun-06, 17:01
Theres a guy in Wick does it as well,not sure what his name is im afraid?:confused

buggyracer
06-Jun-06, 17:22
id try the karen, been out on it a few times would reccomend it.

dunderheed
06-Jun-06, 17:24
nae bother cedric , once i get something sorted oot i'll let you know

LENSMAN
06-Jun-06, 17:36
Freedom Charters in Wick.
http://67.15.131.26/~mv/
Weird looking link but should get you to it.

dragonfly
06-Jun-06, 19:32
my hubby took our kids 12 & 14 out on one last year (think it was the Karen, booked via Susan's Tackle Shop) - he thoroughly enjoyed it and they contributed to the fish bait!!!!

SandTiger
06-Jun-06, 23:26
l... my son will be 9 and my nephew 13.i assume most boats will have lifejackets for youngsters if they are permitted to go on them as their safety is my main priority.
also do the boats supply rods , tackle and bait ?
thanks in advance.
Just to assure you:

Yes, we have a full compliment of life jackets for youngsters and adults alike, along with a full SOLAS liveraft and many more safety items that you could care to shake a stick at since we are fully coded with the MCA's Coded Small Small Vessel Certificate (MGN 280).

We can supply rods etc... along with any tuition needed.

Along with a light meal for day trips and on-tap tea & coffee for all trips.

Lots of nice Ling, Cod and Pollock today at the 8lb mark with the best Cod to 9.9lb - Not bad for an evening session with some cracking weather and seas like glass :D

dunderheed
08-Jun-06, 09:46
thanks for the help everyone , sandtiger once i have a date sorted out i will be in touch