PDA

View Full Version : cost of deliveries to caithness

veekay
06-May-10, 18:14
This is a right soap box rant of mine. I am fed up to the back teeth at the huge cost of having stuff sent up here, so can you imagine my total surprise when I had an email telling me that a refund was being made to me because delivery charge wasn't as much as they thought.
You could have knocked me down with a feather ( ok so it would have had to be a big feather).

Thumper
06-May-10, 18:20
OMG!!!quick tell us what company so we can all use them ;) not often you hear of this thats for sure x

Rictina
06-May-10, 19:28
WOW, that's great to hear.

Yes, please, please, please tell what company ? [lol]

kjandcrew
06-May-10, 19:52
totally agree - lets hope more companies understand that we are UK MAINLAND and stop ripping us off ;)

spurtle
06-May-10, 20:16
totally agree - lets hope more companies understand that we are UK MAINLAND and stop ripping us off ;)

I actually had an order for an oven cancelled because the company refused to send anything to a KW postcode, even when we offered to send a courier to pick it up at our expense.
Went to Comet instead - they seemed to have no difficulty and even rang to tell me when they were near.

veekay
07-May-10, 11:33
The company was Amazon.

riggerboy
07-May-10, 11:36
I actually had an order for an oven cancelled because the company refused to send anything to a KW postcode, even when we offered to send a courier to pick it up at our expense.
Went to Comet instead - they seemed to have no difficulty and even rang to tell me when they were near.

well atleast the first company didnt rip you off,

we moan about being over charged and then if a company dont want to deliver to us because of cost we moan because the wont deliver, o i stand back in amazement at the world we live in

RIR
07-May-10, 13:13
play.com don't charge anything for delivery: http://www.play.com/HOME/HOME/6-/Help.html?page=del

Cheers

Ian.

Gronnuck
07-May-10, 15:01
After scouring 'Which' magazine for best buys and checking out costs etc. we got our freezer, washing machine and fridge freezer from John Lewis. Not only were they the cheapest for the items we wanted they don't charge extra for deliveries to Caithness.

ShelleyCowie
07-May-10, 15:15
play.com don't charge anything for delivery: http://www.play.com/HOME/HOME/6-/Help.html?page=del

Highly recommended by me too! I have used play.com for over 3 years now and my OH for alot longer. Reliable service, products can be cheaper than most places and delivery is free, plus item is usually here within 2-3 days.

Its actually shocking how much i have bought from that site! I now buy through a cashback site aswell so i get a few pennies back everytime i spend! :Razz

annthracks
07-May-10, 22:49
I hardly ever pay for postage from Amazon. Always pick free 3-5 day delivery, and usually it arrives the next day if I've ordered in the morning.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/tg/browse/-/468294

seeing as we're adding links now! :)

©Amethyst
07-May-10, 23:13
Wow... it's always good when something like that happens. I bought a pair of jeans from America on Ebay last year with £7 postage to the UK. I was refunded £4.60 as the postage was really cheap (I don't know how it was only £2.40, but still...).

Have had arguments with M&S over the KW post code when I worked for them, tried to get some flowers sent to my mum and had to insist that I was from there, even then they still didn't believe me until I pointed it out to a colleague on a map!

Good luck to all in Caithness with all future deliveries!

purplelady
07-May-10, 23:30
I have to say I have never had any problems with deliveries to here caithness fingers crossed i probably will now lol x

BRIE
08-May-10, 17:57
I do alot of shopping on Amazon, its always the cheapest prices & free delivery.
Ive now started using JMS local courier for anything else im wanting delivered, very cheap had a suite delivered last week which cost me £35 alot cheaper than the £79 the shop were charging:D

Ricanna
08-May-10, 18:30
I was going to buy two packs of two dish clothes--the type my mother must have and the Co-op stopped stocking them here. With postage it was to be £5 odd but Highlands and Islands--near £17 for something as small and as light as a large letter!. Needless to say I did not buy and the the parent will need to make do!

scorrie
09-May-10, 00:53
The company was Amazon.

I was waiting on delivery of a TV I ordered for my Son from Amazon. It was delayed by a day due to being over the Easter weekend, which I had expected, but the tracking on the courier's website seemed to indicate that the parcel had been returned to the depot in England, rather than being in Inverness, where I had expected it to be. I rang Amazon customer services, simply to clarify where the parcel was, and was delighted to receive a sincere apology and full refund of postage costs!! Many companies simply tell you it takes longer to reach the Highlands. I was well pleased with Amazon's commitment to customer care, looking beyond the usual "one sale, get stuffed if you are not happy" mentality.