PDA

View Full Version : Poltney news

jac1791
06-May-10, 12:56
well I thought I would take this away from the sex shop threat.

thanks to every one for their messages of support on the hard desision that we have taken to close the shop.
but Wick being Wick you cant keep your life private as some people will just make up stories. but we have had our own personal reasons to call it a day - its been a hard decision.

we were in Houstons having a coffee this morning and only 2 tables away there was 3 mature ladies having a discussion on us!! but I thank one, as she had been a customer since we took over and she did try to change her very loud friend onto another topic of conversation although she didnt take the hint and kept rattling on even when we walked past... Sorry Mrs Sinclair it was not your fault.
but if people want the truth maybe they should ask.....

my rant for today over ha ha ha ha

upolian
06-May-10, 13:01
Very sad you have had to close,never is an easy desicion closing:( sorry to hear about it

NLP
06-May-10, 13:37
Sad to see it closed everyone was so friendly, now I will have to go further afield for my pies. lol

Alice in Blunderland
06-May-10, 14:21
but if people want the truth maybe they should ask.....

Jeez then they would have the truth :eek:.

This is Caithness gossip is far more believable than the truth, can t get it all muddled with injecting some truth into it all jeeeezzzz thats just not fair on the gossips who want their pound of flesh. :(

Tackity Boo
06-May-10, 14:49
Are they closed for good? Where do people go to pay their paper account?

adi1
06-May-10, 15:00
Good luck on what ever you decide to do. Its heart breaking that people who put alot of money and effort into business have to call it a day.
Once again good luck and don't let people quick to judge put you down.

catran
06-May-10, 15:30
Never mind the gossips, it is sad that the shop has closed it was a nice friendly place to go to buy the papers so I for one wish you all the best for the future as it must have been a difficult decision

jac1791
06-May-10, 17:23
I am putting letters out to all customers with paper accounts over the week end but the shop will be open next saturday 8th may from 10am - 1pm to pay any outstanding accounts or you can post to 20 Owen Place

thanks for the support guys xx

Moira
06-May-10, 20:18
All best wishes Jac1791. I didn't often visit your shop in Dempster Street but was impressed when I did.

Good luck to you and your other half, whatever you decide. :)

George Brims
06-May-10, 20:25
So, how long until you re-open as the sex shop? [lol]

im behind you
06-May-10, 21:47
you needing some thing to get the old pecker up george.

Blarney
06-May-10, 22:02
...if he does I'll bet he's hoping that you're NOT behind him ;)[lol]

George Brims
07-May-10, 07:23
tsk tsk. I was just poking (oops!) a wee bit of fun about the sex shop rumours. I've heard some fine creative rumours out of Caithness, but that one was a beaut!