PDA

View Full Version : Fudge!

telfordstar
06-May-10, 11:06
Ok so im thinking maybe I would like to attempt to make some fudge. Does anyone have a good preferably fool proof recipe? Thanking in advance :)

Leanne
07-May-10, 00:10
Cheats fudge

Tin of condensed milk and 400g of chocolate (any flavour :)). Melt together and pour into a clingfilm lined dish. Pop in the fridge overnight then cut and savour.

chaz
12-May-10, 21:10
My daughter makes this one:)

1 large can nestles condenced milk
2pts fresh milk
2lb granulated sugar
2tbspns syrup
2oz butter
pinch of cream of tartar
1 tsp vanilla essence

lightly grease a 9x12 tin
put fresh milk,butter, essence and sugar in a large pan over low heat until dissolved
add syrup,nestles milk and cream of tartar and bring slowly to the boil,stirring continuously until at soft ball stage
remove from heat and leave for 5 mins to cool
then beat with a wooden spoon till thick and grainy
pour into tin and set.

telfordstar
12-May-10, 22:53
My daughter makes this one:)

1 large can nestles condenced milk
2pts fresh milk
2lb granulated sugar
2tbspns syrup
2oz butter
pinch of cream of tartar
1 tsp vanilla essence

lightly grease a 9x12 tin
put fresh milk,butter, essence and sugar in a large pan over low heat until dissolved
add syrup,nestles milk and cream of tartar and bring slowly to the boil,stirring continuously until at soft ball stage
remove from heat and leave for 5 mins to cool
pour into tin and set.

Fantastic! thank you

chaz
13-May-10, 09:47
Fantastic! thank you

my daughter just made trays of the stuff as wedding favors,watch the syrup that they are flat tablespoons full, she found it didnt set right with a rounded spoonfulls.
hope it works out ok:)

Dreamweaver
13-May-10, 21:12
Oh flip - I'm going to have to do this now. Stuff the diet [lol]

Leanne
14-May-10, 10:37
Oh flip - I'm going to have to do this now. Stuff the diet [lol]

Ditto.....

Leanne
04-Jun-10, 23:14
I made some and substituted 100ml of the milk for 100ml of Baileys. OMG! It was divine! People - please try this recipe. MUCH better than mine :)

goldenguernsey
04-Jun-10, 23:43
might try this with goats milk, cheers

ducati
08-Jun-10, 09:20
I made some and substituted 100ml of the milk for 100ml of Baileys. OMG! It was divine! People - please try this recipe. MUCH better than mine :)

Mmm, might try substituting all the milk for Baileys :eek:

chocolatechip
08-Jun-10, 11:41
I'm going to try and attempt to make some fudge this pm and how much of a tin of condensed milk do I need to put in? PLEASE HELP! Thank you in advance Chocolatechip xx:D

chaz
08-Jun-10, 11:54
I'm going to try and attempt to make some fudge this pm and how much of a tin of condensed milk do I need to put in? PLEASE HELP! Thank you in advance Chocolatechip xx:D

Hi, its a full large tin that goes in :)

chocolatechip
08-Jun-10, 11:58
Thanks Chaz for helping but what weight of a tin needs to in? Thank you again xx

chocolatechip
08-Jun-10, 12:01
My mum has come up with a couple of new ideas to go in to the fudge, it's Cherry Brandy or Cornish Clotted Cream. I know you can get the Clotted Cream in Tesco

chaz
08-Jun-10, 12:04
Thanks Chaz for helping but what weight of a tin needs to in? Thank you again xx

Its the 397g tin of milk
:)

Dadie
08-Jun-10, 23:30
*sigh*
I just put on 2lb looking at this thread!
And the diabetic nurse would have kittens if I actually made the fudge as I cant help but taste at every stage... and the tins I have have round corners...and if you want nice squares the corner pieces have to go...:lol:

chocolatechip
09-Jun-10, 09:23
What does the grainy bit mean

pour into tin and set. Thanks for your help again chocolatechip :D

chaz
09-Jun-10, 11:51
What does the grainy bit mean

pour into tin and set. Thanks for your help again chocolatechip :D

It looks and feels slightly grainy,and tastes it :)

chocolatechip
09-Jun-10, 13:25
Thanks Chaz for your help again, will try and let you know how it turns out! Do you leave it set overnight or just for a couple of hours:D

chaz
09-Jun-10, 14:52
Thanks Chaz for your help again, will try and let you know how it turns out! Do you leave it set overnight or just for a couple of hours:D

We left ours overnight:D