PDA

View Full Version : Asian men and BNP candidate Bob Bailey clash in Barking

upolian
06-May-10, 07:11
Taken from bbc news......

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/election_2010/england/8663681.stm

adi1
06-May-10, 07:59
Now you will have the left wing liberals saying what a appalling attack by a far right candidate

davem
06-May-10, 08:33
Couldn't be further from the truth, as a committed Guardian reader all I can say is what a charming man that Bob Bailey is, the world would such a wonderful place if there were more like him. How unreasonable of those young men to be hostile to someone kind enough to come to their street and spread a message promoting harmony and reconciliation to people from all ethnic backgrounds.

adi1
06-May-10, 09:11
^^^ Told you so

davem
06-May-10, 09:41
It's a lovely feeling always being right is it not.

Alice in Blunderland
06-May-10, 10:00
Two wrongs don't make a right. Both groups were bang out of order. [disgust]

adi1
06-May-10, 10:01

So if someone spat in your face you would just do nothing??

Alice in Blunderland
06-May-10, 10:04
I did not say I would do nothing !!

Both groups reactions were wrong. IMHO

adi1
06-May-10, 10:07
And may I ask who got arrested??
I did'nt see any wrong by Mr Bailey who was using his right to freedom of speech

Bartlett Boy
06-May-10, 10:20
Just watched the clip and was horrified!!! To start with could you imagine walking down any street and some one accusing you of being a thief. Secondly people have a right to live anywhere in safety and peace. How was what Mr Bailey was doing promoting this?!!!! Could you imagine any other MP behaving this way. Alright the other man should not have spat but when threatened what would you do?!!!!

Forethought everyone is able to view and voice an their view but when race comes in to it this is disgraceful for it is just racism.

adi1
06-May-10, 10:29
Thiefs?? Now you have totally lost me
You may be thinking that the term "how many of us" is construed to "are you robbers" Just goes to show.

crayola
06-May-10, 10:51
Common assault is nothing more than I would expect from a representative of the nasty racist fascist party. He is indeed Barking.

upolian
06-May-10, 10:53

+1! Both acted like ive never seen before:lol:childish.

adi1
06-May-10, 10:55
Common assault is nothing more than I would expect from a representative of the nasty racist fascist party. He is indeed Barking.

And whats the difference??
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_GLHsq_8KU

davem
06-May-10, 10:57
Agreed both were wrong, if Mr B had not been exercising his right to be an offensive, aggressive and obnoxious individual on those gentlemen's doorsteps. They would not have reacted to his provocation.
adi1 - you and I will never agree if you feel the BNP have anything to recommend them.
I believe that people should be tolerant and understanding, you apparently see this as something to sneer at, all I can say is I'm glad I am who I am and believe as I do!

Bartlett Boy
06-May-10, 10:58
Last time I looked thief and robber meant the same thing but hey what do I know!!!!

And it's still wrong what was done.

crayola
06-May-10, 10:59
And whats the difference??
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_GLHsq_8KU
Are you a supporter of the nasty fascist racist party and do you punch and attack anyone you've just goaded into spitting at you?

adi1
06-May-10, 11:05
The right to freedom of speech is recognized as a human right under Article 19 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and recognized in international human rights law in the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR). The ICCPR recognizes the right to freedom of speech as "the right to hold opinions without interference. Everyone shall have the right to freedom of expression". Furthermore freedom of speech is recognized in European, inter-American and African regional human rights law.
What I support is no concern here,fact is if any so called "gentleman' spat in my face for exercising my rights to free speech then yes I would knock their lights out.

crayola
06-May-10, 11:14
The right to freedom of speech is recognized as a human right under Article 19 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and recognized in international human rights law in the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR). The ICCPR recognizes the right to freedom of speech as "the right to hold opinions without interference. Everyone shall have the right to freedom of expression". Furthermore freedom of speech is recognized in European, inter-American and African regional human rights law.
What I support is no concern here,fact is if any so called "gentleman' spat in my face for exercising my rights to free speech then yes I would knock their lights out.Why is it that extremists of all ilks always ignore common sense and morality and quickly resort to mindless quotation of one side of a legal argument and totally ignore the other? Have you not heard of laws on libel, slander, defamation, inciting racial or religious hatred, ...?

Are you really an apologist for the nasty racist fascist party or are you just a silly wee boy with words of violence that you wouldn't have the botox to carry out?

adi1
06-May-10, 11:29
Must be a silly wee boy then?
What do you think?
BTW name calling is a bit immature and would expect a bit more decorum in a adult discussion.
What I am saying that any party as the rights to canvass their local constituary admittedly Mr Bailey could have handled things a bit better.
But if we want the democracy that people have suffered for then anyone as the right to free speech as long as they are not spreading hatred.

crayola
06-May-10, 12:01
Must be a silly wee boy then?
What do you think?
BTW name calling is a bit immature and would expect a bit more decorum in a adult discussion.
What I am saying that any party as the rights to canvass their local constituary admittedly Mr Bailey could have handled things a bit better.
But if we want the democracy that people have suffered for then anyone as the right to free speech as long as they are not spreading hatred.Adi sweetie, you need to learn about ironing. :lol:

Anfield
06-May-10, 12:26
But if we want the democracy that people have suffered for then anyone as the right to free speech as long as they are not spreading hatred.

Even the Muslims who wanted to stage a peaceful protest at Wooton Basset?
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/onthefrontline/6931015/Wootton-Bassett-march-Gordon-Brown-warns-it-would-be-completely-inappropriate.html
If this march had been gone ahead, I am sure that a lot of BNP /EDL would also have attended, and their presence there would not have been to mourn either the UK soldiers or Muslims, both of whom are inextricably linked to this carnage.

crayola
06-May-10, 13:00
Even the Muslims who wanted to stage a peaceful protest at Wooton Basset?
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/onthefrontline/6931015/Wootton-Bassett-march-Gordon-Brown-warns-it-would-be-completely-inappropriate.html
If this march had been gone ahead, I am sure that a lot of BNP /EDL would also have attended, and their presence there would not have been to mourn either the UK soldiers or Muslims, both of whom are inextricably linked to this carnage.Of course he would have wanted those Muslims to stage a peaceful protest at Wootton Bassett because he supports freedom of speech for everyone. And it would have provided the nasty racist fascist party with an opportune moment to exercise their freedom to goad Muslims and to punch the living daylights out of those they had just goaded and whose freedom of speech disagreed with theirs.

Freedom of speech is for everyone unless you disagree with someome in which case you are name calling. The solution is clear. You can't call them names but you can punch them and knock their lights out instead.

Bazeye
06-May-10, 13:06
Anyone spat in my face would get the same response.

crayola
06-May-10, 13:15
LOL I love it, supporters and apologists for the peaceful nasty racist fascist party are threatening violence to anyone who dares confront them. The pile of ironing is getting bigger and bigger. :lol:

~~Tides~~
06-May-10, 13:38
What I support is no concern here,fact is if any so called "gentleman' spat in my face for exercising my rights to free speech then yes I would knock their lights out.

Ah yes, the biggot's charter.

But the thing is, its not really. Its just that it is too challenging for ignorant biggots to read the whole thing.

Article 1.
•All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights.They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

Article 2.
•Everyone is entitled to all the rights and freedoms set forth in this Declaration, without distinction of any kind, such as race, colour, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, property, birth or other status. Furthermore, no distinction shall be made on the basis of the political, jurisdictional or international status of the country or territory to which a person belongs, whether it be independent, trust, non-self-governing or under any other limitation of sovereignty.

Article 3.
•Everyone has the right to life, liberty and security of person.

Article 12.
•No one shall be subjected to arbitrary interference with his privacy, family, home or correspondence, nor to attacks upon his honour and reputation. Everyone has the right to the protection of the law against such interference or attacks.

A court looks at the whole situation and performs a balancing act.

Now then... Adi1... Who do you think the balance would go to this time?

~~Tides~~
06-May-10, 13:45
If I had more time, I could hang around and try and explain why defamation law, and provocation law, European law Fundamental Rights (which courts are legally bound to uphold) etc etc would not be on the side of the biggots. But I fear it would be futile.

Saveman
06-May-10, 14:27
How sad this is.
Violence is abhorrant.

Hey guess what? We're all HUMANS. It doesn't matter where on planet Earth we were born or what colour our skin is or what language we speak.

We're all humans.

Bazeye
06-May-10, 15:13
Taken from bbc news......

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/election_2010/england/8663681.stm

Funny how that was in the news but when its the UAF attacking a someone canvassing for the BNP with a hammer it was hardly mentioned. Or some UAF member caught on video throwing a dart at BNP members wasnt prosecuted due to some "technicality".

The Drunken Duck
06-May-10, 15:54
Both parties in this clip were as bad as each other. Either could have walked away and that would have been the end of it. Storm in a teacup. But if you walk up to someone and spit on them that's an escalation from verbal abuse to physical. In the eyes of the law its Assault. If someone spat on me I would smack them one too.

What really disturbs me are the people who act like the BNP should be banned and their voices never heard, in my view Democracy is when you will fight for what you consider abhorrent to be heard. It seems to escape some people, who are too busy getting "outraged", that if you ignore them and make these idiots irrelevant they will go away. But then some people are all for Freedom of Speech .... as long as it is what THEY want to hear. Hopefully though the people who started this trend, the ruling Labour Stasi, will be getting their P45's tomorrow.

I think the BNP, EDL and UAF are all as bad as each other. But the media arm of the Labour Party (the Backing Brown Corporation) have just as big a lob on for attacking the BNP as their political masters. They never covered the story of the young father who had his face cut open in front of his young son by Asian youths for "revenge". I have seen them be briefed on something in great detail and then go back and report an extremely slanted view of events because it suits them. Don't trust their reporting at all.

bettedaviseyes
06-May-10, 17:08
No surprise here from a scum bag BNP party you don't go into someone's street calling them thieves cos the colour of there skin bang out of orderhttp://skepticlawyer.com.au/wp-content/files/2009/04/indigenousbritonsonly.jpg

adi1
06-May-10, 17:27
No one called no one a thief.
Perhaps you need to clear the wax out of your lugs and listen carefully,
gee whiz you should write for The Guardian giving more false representation.

benji
06-May-10, 17:59
Can't say I would expect anything else from the BNP - if they have to use abuse and their fists to counteract what people are saying to them it only shows what they are really like

Freedom of speech and democracy brings with it responsibility which is so lacking in many of our political colours

mrlennie
06-May-10, 18:10
http://tvshack.net/tv/The_Simpsons/season_7/episode_23/

I was just watching this...

bettedaviseyes
06-May-10, 18:39
No one called no one a thief.
Perhaps you need to clear the wax out of your lugs and listen carefully,
gee whiz you should write for The Guardian giving more false representation.

robbing and thieving is the same thing aint it? end of the day BNP are scum and the vid shows there true colours or is it just a false vid all made up :confused End of :confused and another thing it would have not happened if the bnp kept there mouths shut in the first place boils my blood this org.

redeyedtreefrog
06-May-10, 18:48
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkX_6vrCJ44

Another good BNP video

The Drunken Duck
06-May-10, 18:53
robbing and thieving is the same thing aint it? end of the day BNP are scum and the vid shows there true colours or is it just a false vid all made up :confused End of :confused and another thing it would have not happened if the bnp kept there mouths shut in the first place boils my blood this org.

Whatever someone says is not an excuse to spit in someone's face. That is a disgusting act that is an assault under the Law. Implying it is all the BNP candidates fault is rubbish, yes he was totally wrong for what he said but the lad that spat on him is just as bad for his actions.

As for complaining about what the BNP guy said do you realise that you are saying that that is unacceptable to call someone a thief and a robber in the same sentence that YOU are labelling people as scum simply because you disagree with their politics ??

No wonder your confused.

Sara Jevo
06-May-10, 22:42
Thiefs?? Now you have totally lost me
You may be thinking that the term "how many of us" is construed to "are you robbers" Just goes to show.

I watched it and the man in the suit seems to say, twice, "how many of you's are robbers" towards the asian group, which is just a tad provocative don't you think?

Street thugs. And those young lads weren't very pleasant, either.

They all come across as pretty scummy, to be honest.

adi1
06-May-10, 22:47
I watched it and the man in the suit seems to say, twice, "how many of you's are robbers" towards the asian group, which is just a tad provocative don't you think?

Street thugs. And those young lads weren't very pleasant, either.

Sorry Sara you're wrong he plainly say's "How many is there of us" and even gestures to the group with him.

Boozeburglar
06-May-10, 22:49
It was not clear.

But I agree, he says, "How many of us is there?"

The malignant wart is lucky I was not there, because I would not have been messing around like the lads who challenged him.

Boozeburglar
06-May-10, 22:51
They would never have stood their ground had they not known they had superior force.

Cowards to a man.

Anfield
07-May-10, 03:33
Sorry Sara you're wrong he plainly say's "How many is there of us" and even gestures to the group with him.

There are people dying throughout the world in various conflcts, yet you lot are squabbling over some petty dispute which to me was like "handbags at six paces"

George Brims
07-May-10, 07:20
Last time I looked thief and robber meant the same thing but hey what do I know!!!!

And it's still wrong what was done..
A thief takes, and a robber takes by physical force or the threat of it. As in the Beatles lyric "she could steal but she would not rob" (she being the woman who came in through the bathroom window).

You can tip me later

crayola
08-May-10, 00:05
Their Barking campaigning did the trick. :)

The British National Party has seen its representation on Barking and Dagenham Council in east London wiped out, says BBC political correspondent Ross Hawkins. It had been the second biggest party there, but all 12 of its councillors lost their seats. In Epping Forest the party lost three councillors, in Sandwell it lost two, in Leeds one BNP councillor was voted out. At the general election its share rose to 1.9% as it polled over half a million votes. But in Barking the party leader Nick Griffin managed only third place, and saw his share of the vote fall.

pegasus
09-May-10, 15:02
Justv watched the clip and the Prescott one as well. Men behaving badly. :lol: The 3 asians came looking for trouble thats sure and to spit on someone is an assault which the white bloke was entitled to defend himself against.

From what i've seen its a good job he didnt spit on Prescott :lol:

peggy