PDA

View Full Version : Good rep query.

joxville
05-May-10, 23:20
Why are we limited on the amount of good rep we can give in one day? I tried to rep Golach for the happy birthday thread he started but had to 'spread it around first'. I then good repped everyone else and went back to do Golach only to get a message saying I had spread it around too much and had reached my limit, I have to wait 24 hrs before giving more. Why? Can the Admins change the settings?

Sorry Gol, ye'll need to wait 24hrs. :roll:

:)

golach
05-May-10, 23:22
Why are we limited on the amount of good rep we can give in one day? I tried to rep Golach for the happy birthday thread he started but had to 'spread it around first'. I then good repped everyone else and went back to do Golach only to get a message saying I had spread it around too much and had reached my limit, I have to wait 24 hrs before giving more. Why? Can the Admins change the settings?

Sorry Gol, ye'll need to wait 24hrs. :roll: :)

Thanks anyway Jox, hope you had a good one

wifie
06-May-10, 00:00
Yer right jox the restrictions on this forum are quite ridiculous. Definitely a case of the few spoiling it for the many! (best type slowly - don't want to be told I have to wait x number of seconds before posting AGAIN!!!)

upolian
06-May-10, 06:57
Not sure what the reason for this is,maybe its not the orgs fault but the package they are using,rep should be done away with anyway.

wifie
06-May-10, 10:16
I haven't seen the system anywhere else! Think it could be to stop us "chatting" on the forum! Mibbe the mods on here are a bit slow! ;)

Rep is fine if used correctly but I would agree can be a bad thing! I have said it before but I just like to hear that someone enjoyed/agreed with/disagreed with something I posted! Suppose PM system could be used for that!

crayola
06-May-10, 10:44

Sorry Gol, ye'll need to wait 24hrs. :roll:
I've had the same thing happen. I think it's to stop small groups of multiple orgers repping each other into collective ecstasy. :eek:

The most annoyng feature for me is having to wait 30 seconds between searches. Not because I do a lot of searches but because I often get it wrong the first time. It can be worse. One forum I frequent actually stopped me posting because I'd posted so much in a short period. :eek:

golach
06-May-10, 10:49
I haven't seen the system anywhere else! Think it could be to stop us "chatting" on the forum! Mibbe the mods on here are a bit slow! ;)

Rep is fine if used correctly but I would agree can be a bad thing! I have said it before but I just like to hear that someone enjoyed/agreed with/disagreed with something I posted! Suppose PM system could be used for that!

Well wifie, I disagree with you on this point, I do not see that there is a "stop us chatting" issue being run by the admin, I chat frequently with only minor irritations from time to time, but these are usually out with the remit of the Admin.
As to the Rep issue, there is a perfectly good reason for the need to "Spread your Rep around", if there was no restrction, the rep system would collapse under strain of repping, for example, if you and I were to fall out (God forbid) and we could constanly Bad Rep each other. Likewise my best buddies could constantly Good Rep me non stop. You do know there are those out there with issues against fellow Orgers, so that is the need for the "Spread it around" policy.

wifie
06-May-10, 10:58
Ye hev yer quotes in the wrong place there golach! I was referring to using the boards to "chat" not the ailing chatroom! I have decided that apart from the quiz I will never frequent there again!

You have a point wi the rep system so really then - why bother wi it? Mibbe we should get crayola to conduct a poll to see if folk would like it! Seems a good day for polling and where is she? :lol:

golach
06-May-10, 14:20
Ye hev yer quotes in the wrong place there golach! I was referring to using the boards to "chat" not the ailing chatroom!

I dont think in all the years I have been an Orger have I ever found the need to use the boards to chat, if I wish to chat in that manner, I usually revert to Yahoo Messenger or Msn Messenger, much easier, you can exchange photos, hold conference calls, the Org is a Community Web site not a Social networking site like Facebook or Bebo.

pegasus
06-May-10, 16:03
How does the rep system work on here? :confused

ShelleyCowie
06-May-10, 16:14
How does the rep system work on here? :confused

There is a weeeeeeeeeee scales just above how many posts u have. Click on that and you can enter a comment and give good/bad reputation :)

wifie
06-May-10, 22:12
I dont think in all the years I have been an Orger have I ever found the need to use the boards to chat, if I wish to chat in that manner, I usually revert to Yahoo Messenger or Msn Messenger, much easier, you can exchange photos, hold conference calls, the Org is a Community Web site not a Social networking site like Facebook or Bebo.

Yer just no gettin me here mannie so just let it drop! :)

How does the rep system work on here?

Pegasus, welcome, dinna bother wi the rep system just slag folk off or annoyingly sook up to them on the boards here and make everyone boak! Nah dinna do that cos depending who you are you may get infracted and we have a whole new ball game!!! :roll: Only joking!!! ;) PS make sure ye dinna use too many smilies in the one post either cos that is a heinous crime! (I inserted a laughing smiley here but my limit is THREE!)

golach
06-May-10, 22:20
Yer just no gettin me here mannie so just let it drop!

Maybe I am just an owld mannie who gets thing mixed up now and again, but what should I drop?

wifie
06-May-10, 22:22
Maybe I am just an owld mannie who gets thing mixed up now and again, but what should I drop?

The phrase "dowg wi a bone" springs to mind!

golach
06-May-10, 22:24
The phrase "dowg wi a bone" springs to mind!

Why??........:(

wifie
06-May-10, 23:16
Why??........:(

Yer no owld and stupid at all but thrawn springs to mind! :roll:

joxville
06-May-10, 23:17
Before what started as a simple query descends into a slanging match between two of my friends I think it best to close this thread.