PDA

View Full Version : postage question?

sjr014
05-May-10, 20:53
Hey just wondered if any1 could help am currently selling some bits on ebay and have had some1 from France interested in buying some items but they want to know how much extra for postage and packaging i would charge to send to France anyone got any idea how much extra it would cost? Its just clothes and would be sent Royal Mail 2nd class.

Thanks in advance!

Kodiak
05-May-10, 21:28
I do not think anyone could say how much it would cost you to send an item to France. The reason being is that you never said what the item weighs. Postage to France would depend on the weight of the item.

So I suggest you Weigh the Item with all the Packing and then go to the Post Office who will be able to advise you of the exact price. Or go to www.royalmail.com

telfordstar
05-May-10, 22:08
Hey just wondered if any1 could help am currently selling some bits on ebay and have had some1 from France interested in buying some items but they want to know how much extra for postage and packaging i would charge to send to France anyone got any idea how much extra it would cost? Its just clothes and would be sent Royal Mail 2nd class.

Thanks in advance!
It probably wont be that much more a couple of pounds maybe, I always stick to uk postgae myself.

sjr014
05-May-10, 22:12
Yeah i normally just do uk as well! Just got a really helpful pm so thanks for the info guys think i got it sorted!

Kodiak
05-May-10, 22:54
According to the Royal Mail website a 1KG (2.2llbs) sent as a Airmail Small Pactet to France would Cost £6.60 and would take from 3 days to deliver.

Please for this service you must have printed of your Packet "AirMail" and " Small Packets" if not the price gors up.

http://sg.royalmail.com/portal/rm/PriceFinderResults?pageId=pc_sltc_rm_results&keyname=rmPriceFinderResults&catId=23500532

achingale
06-May-10, 17:00
A lot of people are now putting that they only will ship items in the UK because of costs. Maybe next time you put that in your advert and it will be cheaper for you. Good luck with the French buyer though. It is always good to sell stuff you no longer need or want.

secretsquirrel
06-May-10, 19:08
I sell lots of items on ebay most of them to Europe and have never had any problem. I use the ebay "postage estimator" which is very good and only ever send via airmail as surface takes far to long and doesnot give you the seller the protection should the item go missing.

Also I allways make sure that I use Paypal for postage and get a receipt from the Post Office in case anything "goes missing". ( The staff in the Post Office - High Street Wick are to be praised most helpful)

Higher value items I send via airmail signed for on delivery. If the buyers are not happy to pay then really they should not buy as I am allways up front with the postal costs.