PDA

View Full Version : Weddings

The Happy Humanist
04-May-10, 21:27
Hi everyone.
I'm not sure where to put this post and I hope no-one thinks I am trying to advertise.:lol:
On the contrary, I have become very aware that both myself and the other Far North celebrants (Penelope in Sutherland and Dagmar in Orkney) are getting very busy and booked up far in advance for weddings.
Many people have spoken to me at wedding fayre's and expressed interest, so I just wanted to let you all know that if you do wish to have a humanist wedding, please contact us as soon as you have your date.
I sadly had to turn someone away today and though she will get Dagmar over from Orkney, the next person to request that date (in 2011!!) will be out of luck.
It seems from the statistics produced by the Registrar General that demand for our services is increasing, but there is no current plan to recruit more celebrants for the North as yet.
We don't like to do more than one wedding in a day. We concentrate only on one couple as we know this makes our ceremonies more relaxed and personal.
So please don't be disappointed, when you are booking your venue and band...(often two years in advance I believe).... then remember to check with the person you want to conduct your wedding too.
If any of you experienced orgers think this might be better in another forum and reach more relevant people please let me know, I'd be very grateful.

I'd also like to thank the very kind people who in the midst of loss took time to comment on the celebrations of life I had conducted for their friends and family members. I really appreciated it and many people have told me about the thread.

Best wishes to all.
Kate:D

changilass
04-May-10, 21:43
Welcome to the org Happy Humanist.

You forgot to mention the lovely naming ceremonies you conduct too.

For anyone wanting to mark the occasion but not actually wanting a christening, I can highly recomend the humanist naming ceremony.

We had the most fantastic day and very personal to our family. You are encouraged to add am much input as you like, which we found great.

marwill
04-May-10, 23:23
Welcome Happy Humanist,
Hope you enjoy your time here on the Org. We were very grateful for your service for Jean, it was for the want of a better word, lovely, and she would also have enjoyed it. Thank you,;)