PDA

View Full Version : Thurso cliffs

theone
05-Jun-06, 15:44
Anybody know whats happening at the cliffs next to the campsite?

Police, ambulance, fire brigade and the lifeboat is out.

Hope nobody's fallen off again.

angela5
05-Jun-06, 15:49
I hope it's nothing too serious and no-one is injured.

buggyracer
05-Jun-06, 16:14
helicopter is there now so not looking to good.

saffy100
05-Jun-06, 16:19
Don't know whats happened but the police and ambulance people were running up and down looking down the rocks.

engiebenjy
05-Jun-06, 16:48
From what I hear, a man walking his dog has fallen off. The inflatable lifeboat took him to Scrabster, and the helicopter is waiting to take to Aberdeen.

pedromcgrory
05-Jun-06, 16:55
From what I hear, a man walking his dog has fallen off. The inflatable lifeboat took him to Scrabster, and the helicopter is waiting to take to Aberdeen.
it was a council worker i wont name names cause i dont think his familly knows he was sweeping and pushing bins along stopped and spoke to someone his bin started rolling he tried to catch it and fell over hes suffering from broken pelvis and head injuries raf helicopter off to aberdeen

Gogglebox
05-Jun-06, 17:08
Radio Highland said someone pushing a handcart went over and is off to Raigmore
So only people i can think of with handcart would be the above

young_fishin_neep
05-Jun-06, 20:42
hope they will be ok regards to the family

kaz xx

teddybear1873
05-Jun-06, 20:45
Ohhhhhhhhhhh i see the Org's are at the gossip again. But then again Caithness is well known for that...

Mr P Cannop
05-Jun-06, 22:09
A 42-year-old man has been flown to hospital after falling from cliffs at Thurso, Caithness.

The man was pushing a hand-cart along Victoria Walk on the town's seafront before plunging more than 70 feet onto the rocky foreshore.

A full-scale rescue involving ambulance, coastguard, lifeboat, fire and police crews was launched.

The man was airlifted to Raigmore Hospital in Inverness. His condition is not known

mccaugm
05-Jun-06, 22:16
This is such a sad story...my heart goes out to the family. I am led to believe that something similar happened in the recent past....maybe its time the cliffs were made a bit safer. ??