PDA

View Full Version : Anyone supporting England?????

moose and Lindsay
05-Jun-06, 14:08
Any of u orgers supporting england through the world cup or is it just me and my kids????

:confused

footie chick
05-Jun-06, 14:15
Your on your own on that one I'll be cheering for Australia!:D

Rheghead
05-Jun-06, 14:33
Definitely England for me. Other teams that I wouldn't mind winning are Portugal, Holland and the USA.

http://members.aol.com/sabbytut/Flag-St-George.gif

candyfloss
05-Jun-06, 14:51
http://www.flags.net/images/smallflags/TRTB0001.GIFTrinidad & Tobargo or http://www.flags.net/images/smallflags/ITAL0001.GIFItaly for me, and France too

Carlo Gambino
05-Jun-06, 14:57
Just you. Italy for mi

angela5
05-Jun-06, 15:00
http://www.3dflags.com/media/icon/classic/t/3dflagsdotcom_trtob_2fawl.gif

Astra
05-Jun-06, 15:07
i'll be supporting my legs coz they support me [lol] [lol]

wicker
05-Jun-06, 15:12
i'm def supporting england without a doubt

Billy Boy
05-Jun-06, 15:24
John Motson

http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/950000/images/_950036_motty_300_150.jpg

willowbankbear
05-Jun-06, 15:27
No chance, Im not English so I dont see why I should. Dont mind them beating the Germans though

krieve
05-Jun-06, 15:48
Nope not me either !:evil Would England support Scotland if roles were reversed?????

saffy100
05-Jun-06, 16:27
Actually...YES...they would, when i lived in England whenever they were knocked out we would cheer for Scotland , my mates didn't believe me when i told em that the scots hate Engalnd so much they would rather support any other team!!!! Its supposed to be the United Kingdom, wonder what Trinidad and tobago would do for Scotland in the event of a disaster or something!!! Its all a bit daft, and just for the record..I AM ALSO sick and tired of hearing about 1966, its embarrassing...but its the media not the fans...!!!

So i will deffo be supporting England.

Corsastu
05-Jun-06, 16:43
ill be supporting trinidad ,sweden and paraguay

riggerboy
05-Jun-06, 16:58
germany for me

Rheghead
05-Jun-06, 16:59
I AM ALSO sick and tired of hearing about 1966, its embarrassing...but its the media not the fans...!!!

It's all a bit of harmless tongue-in-cheek fun as far as the fans go. The ironic thing about it in my eyes is that all those who get ruffled about it end up having the joke on them.

Yes, I also get sick of it but it only comes round every 4 years. Personally, I would rather the media take the heat off the team a wee bit and let them concentrate on the task-in-hand, I am sure Sven and the boys would agree.

caithnessboyagee
05-Jun-06, 17:06
I for one cant stand the game so i wont be supporting any

Bulldog
05-Jun-06, 17:58
Of Course I'll be supporting ENGLAND!!! Gotta support the best team after all!;)

peedie man
05-Jun-06, 18:02
its got to be trinidad, can still shout for scotland

Gogglebox
05-Jun-06, 18:10
Actually...YES...they would, when i lived in England whenever they were knocked out we would cheer for Scotland , my mates didn't believe me when i told em that the scots hate Engalnd so much they would rather support any other team!!!! Its supposed to be the United Kingdom, wonder what Trinidad and tobago would do for Scotland in the event of a disaster or something!!! Its all a bit daft, and just for the record..I AM ALSO sick and tired of hearing about 1966, its embarrassing...but its the media not the fans...!!!

So i will deffo be supporting England.

I'll be supporting Scotland - - Yes Jason Scotland of Trinidad & Tobago ( & St Johnstone)

That many of the T&T team play in Scotland and pay our taxes they are almost locals!!

Anyway ALL the English did was oppress us and nick our oil to subsidise the South of England!! - -
I really couldnt endorse bullys and thieves it wouldnt be politically correct!! lol!!

And yes the English media is what drives our dislike !!

htwood
05-Jun-06, 18:19
Ole Ola, where is my samba....VIVA BRASIL.

lab
05-Jun-06, 18:35
i can think of only one reason England should win the world cup..We would never have to hear about 1966 again

peter macdonald
05-Jun-06, 18:36
Nah Ill will keep to my normal policy of complete indifference in sporting matters to that which lies beyond Hadrians Wall Indifference born out of the English media showing countless reruns of the 1966 world cup final .....and do you notice even after 40 years trying the ball has still never managed to cross the goal line for England "3rd" goal

Peter "the hand of God " MacDonald

scrapydoo
05-Jun-06, 18:57
Of Course I'll be supporting ENGLAND!!! Gotta support the best team after all!

Sorry bulldog you can't support SCOTLAND (the best team after all) it's that kak team!!! :evilwhats there name oh yeh England thats playing.[lol]

Phoebus_Apollo
05-Jun-06, 19:08
I shall be supporting any team that England plays against.:lol:

Shadow
05-Jun-06, 19:39
i can think of only one reason England should win the world cup..We would never have to hear about 1966 again

We'd still hear about 1966 and we'd hear about 2006 as well!! Arrghhhh!! That would be annoying!! So I am definitely not supporting them!! I'll be supporting Sweden and Poland:p

squidge
05-Jun-06, 20:04
Im supporting England and Robert the Bruce is supporting Brazil.

When England get knocked out i always like to see Holland do well and love watching Brazil so we might agree on something

unicorn
05-Jun-06, 20:13
Brazil for me........

landmarker
05-Jun-06, 20:29
Nope not me either !:evil Would England support Scotland if roles were reversed?????

Absolutely and emphatically YES! If ENgland had not qualified and Scotland had then I guarantee there would be saltyres flying on vars* driven by ENglishmen down here. Most Brits love the underdog. Scotland wins would be cheered to the rafters in 80% of pubs down here, nee bother.

*typo, but left it to represent vans and cars lol.

young_fishin_neep
05-Jun-06, 20:53
i have to say i am suporting england the whole way and hope they o the best they can with the players they have fit!! an yes i agree that if scotland was in the world cup they would have the suport of most of the english.....just a shame we dont have the suport from the scottish

kaz xx

Naefearjustbeer
05-Jun-06, 21:33
Not only are we not supporting england but I would put money on the fact the sales of mars bars have dropped in scotland since they were renamed. :D

Bulldog
05-Jun-06, 21:38
Sorry bulldog you can't support SCOTLAND (the best team after all) it's that kak team!!! :evilwhats there name oh yeh England thats playing.[lol]

Oh that so called 'kak' team - ENGLAND who qualified yet again for another major tournament?

Never mind Scrapy - you can stay home listening to your new national footy anthem watching the magnificent Trinidad & Tobago (who are probably ranked higher than Scotland) BRING IT ON!

erli
05-Jun-06, 21:41
Not only are we not supporting england but I would put money on the fact the sales of mars bars have dropped in scotland since they were renamed. :D

What has happened to Mars Bars?

connieb19
05-Jun-06, 21:47
What has happened to Mars Bars?I was wondering too!!:eek:

angela5
05-Jun-06, 21:51
I was wondering too!!:eek:

You'll find your yummy mars bar is> Believe!!!:eek:

http://www.marsbelieve.com/

landmarker
05-Jun-06, 21:56

I think sales and distribution networks of companies like Mars are well geared up enough NOT to send 'Believe' bars to Scotland. Unless you know different?

Rheghead
05-Jun-06, 22:00
oh!! Ar believe!!

scorrie
05-Jun-06, 23:11
I think sales and distribution networks of companies like Mars are well geared up enough NOT to send 'Believe' bars to Scotland. Unless you know different?

Actually, you give Mars more credit than they are due. Believe bars are alive and well in Wick.

The rumour I heard concerning the renaming of these bars is that it is because England will "Be Leavin" the tournament at an early stage ;o)

That would cause a few "Snickers" amongst the Braveheart community.

The Pepsi Challenge
06-Jun-06, 03:39
Nae, nae, and thrice nae!

Naefearjustbeer
06-Jun-06, 09:13

The sweety vending machine at work has 4 rows of Believe bars hardly touched where the twixes tofee crisps etc are nearly all gone.

Naefearjustbeer
06-Jun-06, 09:15

The sweet vending machine at work has 4 rows of believe bars sitting hardly touched, when all around the twixes, kit kats and toffee crisp etc rows are nearly empty.

landmarker
06-Jun-06, 17:30
Actually, you give Mars more credit than they are due. Believe bars are alive and well in Wick.

The rumour I heard concerning the renaming of these bars is that it is because England will "Be Leavin" the tournament at an early stage ;o)

That would cause a few "Snickers" amongst the Braveheart community.

Very witty. Made me smile anyway.
I have a huge Braveheart poster in me house! Magnificnet Mel in all his glory.
Yes I know it was fiction, largely but he encapsulated a spirit. Summat to do wi'freedom I recall. Anyway my wife likes Gibson in his kilt.

Chillie
06-Jun-06, 17:43
Any other team but England, I believe that The FA has already planned the winning tour route around London, as well as asking Buckingham Palace for permissiom to use the Palace for a planned 2-3 day winner's reception when they win.(note, not if ,but when)!!.:mad: Is this not enough to make us Scot's hope and pray that the English team Looooooooose big time.[lol]

obiron
06-Jun-06, 19:17
im going with whatever team has the best looking players in it. shallow i know but it has to be done.

usually go for the underdog.

Rheghead
06-Jun-06, 19:38
I believe that The FA has already planned the winning tour route around London, as well as asking Buckingham Palace for permissiom to use the Palace for a planned 2-3 day winner's reception when they win.(note, not if ,but when)!!.:mad: Is this not enough to make us Scot's hope and pray that the English team Looooooooose big time.[lol]

I get the impression that you think that the FA need to plan the route because you think they are so confident and arrogant that they are going to win the World Cup.

This is not the case. In the event of them winning (however likely or unlikely the case maybe), it will be a major unavoidable, public and English national event which will need the full cooperation of the police, London Council and other emergency services, not to mention anti terrorist measures.

All the other teams will have their victory routes planned as well.

DrSzin
06-Jun-06, 19:46
All the other teams will have their victory routes planned as well.Aye, I hear the arrangements in Port-of-Spain are at an advanced stage already. :D

Rheghead
06-Jun-06, 20:20
LOL, maybe not all teams then.:roll: :)

landmarker
06-Jun-06, 20:37
The last English 'sportsmen' to have a massive parade were the cricketers. They've been bobbins ever since.

England are now second favourites and I dreamt last night they beat Ivory Coast in the final - could this be an omen on this day of all days?

I woke up gutted, as I said, the Ivorians are my team in the works sweep.

Chillie
06-Jun-06, 20:44
The last English 'sportsmen' to have a massive parade were the cricketers.

Well the English did'nt do very well at that either yesterday Sri Lanka beat them.

DrSzin
06-Jun-06, 21:03
Would England support Scotland if roles were reversed?????Probably. The roles were reversed in '74 & '78 and that is precisely what happened.

Well, I'm pretty sure it happened in '74 but I can't be 100% certain because I was still in Thurso, but I can speak from personal experience of '78 because I was a student in southern Engerland at the time. Not only did the locals support Scotland but those of us from north of the border were fêted as heroes for some bizarre reason. It was the second World Cup in succession that Scotland had qualified for as the lone representative of these isles, and the English media were right behind the Scottish team. Furthermore, they were on a real downer about their own national side. The fact that Liverpool had just won the European Cup (now the Champions League) for the second successive year was sometimes portrayed as being down to a trio of great Scots players, namely Alan Hansen, Graeme Souness and Kenny Dalglish - who scored the winning goal in the final. They were, of course, entirely correct in that respect. ;)

Having said all that, the English (media and people) were relentless in extracting the urine when it all went wrong after the defeat by Peru and the timid draw with Iran, but then Archie Gemmill became a national hero with that goal against the Netherlands - the one that gave us hope of progressing beyond the first round - for almost a full 5 minutes. If you don't know why they were extracting the urine then read the words of our 1978 world cup song (http://www.rampantscotland.com/songs/blsongs_ally.htm):
Ally's Tartan Army

We're on the march wi' Ally's Army,
We're going tae the Argentine,
And we'll really shake them up,
When we win the World Cup,
'Cos Scotland is the greatest football team,

We're representing Britain,
And we're gaunny do or die,
England cannae dae it,
'Cos they didnae qualify!

We're on the march wi' Ally's Army,
We're going tae the Argentine,
And we'll really shake them up,
When we win the World Cup,
'Cos Scotland is the greatest football team,Oh, we were so modest about wer' national team's abilities back then! :lol:

Seriously, the team of '74 were very, very good and the team of '78 were pretty good at times. If Ally had picked Souness in the first two games it might all have been very, very different. Aye, right... But one can still dream...

And it was all great fun nonetheless...

scrapydoo
06-Jun-06, 21:07
I'm SCOTTISH and i will be supporting england i hope they do well!!

Not [lol] [lol]

landmarker
06-Jun-06, 21:11
All very true Doc.
The English love an underdog. Our own team would be feted more if they were plucky losers, than if they went on to win the damn thing. They's be flavour opf the month for a week and more but the press would soon start knocking them down.

Most English folk have never been anywhere near Scotland - pray it remains the same - but when the chips are down and the pies are in the fat then you can rely on us to cheer you along. I bet yer all dead chuffed.

Scotland had had many, many great players in the past and hoipefully will again. I'd like to see the auld annual matches between the two countries re-instated on a regular basis. Just don't demolish the goalposts.

THE FIRST GAME AT 'NEW' WEMBLEY SHOULD DEFINITELY BE AGAINST SCOTLAND in my opinion, which is humble indeed and counts for nowt down 'ere. You might have a good side by the time it's finally finished!

Cedric Farthsbottom III
06-Jun-06, 21:16
All very true Doc.
The English love an underdog. Our own team would be feted more if they were plucky losers, than if they went on to win the damn thing. They's be flavour opf the month for a week and more but the press would soon start knocking them down.

Most English folk have never been anywhere near Scotland - pray it remains the same - but when the chips are down and the pies are in the fat then you can rely on us to cheer you along. I bet yer all dead chuffed.

Scotland had had many, many great players in the past and hoipefully will again. I'd like to see the auld annual matches between the two countries re-instated on a regular basis. Just don't demolish the goalposts.

THE FIRST GAME AT 'NEW' WEMBLEY SHOULD DEFINITELY BE AGAINST SCOTLAND in my opinion, which is humble indeed and counts for nowt down 'ere. You might have a good side by the time it's finally finished!

Aye good idea,Landmarker.The only reason the New Wembley is taking so long is because the Scottish contractors have been burying all the Saltires under the pitch.:lol:

connieb19
06-Jun-06, 21:24
but I can speak from personal experience of '78 because I was a student in southern Engerland at the time.You're showing your age now Dr Szin!!!lol:cool:

Kenn
06-Jun-06, 22:25
I will be up early Sunday morning to watch the match. Whoops wrong shaped ball but at least England holds The World Cup.
Now if the bunch of overpaid divas currently in Germany can emulate them I still won't be watching.
Any one got a list of non participating countries that are TV and radio free as I think I could do with a holiday.

fred
06-Jun-06, 23:00

They should have renamed them "Faithful" bars instead, sales would have gone right up :-)

doyle
06-Jun-06, 23:24
Sorry moose and Lindsay! Not a footie fan! Was on holiday down in England last week and to be honest I was glad to touch down in Inverness! Everywhere we went it was ENGLAND, talk about "in yer face!" Couldn't get near any of the bars for banners. cars going around with flags flyin', every shop we went in had something with the England flag on it, from bags to flip-flops - you name it, they had it! Glad to get home to hear the SCOTTISH accent again! So answering your question - no I won't be supporting England!

DrSzin
07-Jun-06, 00:58
Was on holiday down in England last week and to be honest I was glad to touch down in Inverness! Everywhere we went it was ENGLAND, talk about "in yer face!" Couldn't get near any of the bars for banners. cars going around with flags flyin', every shop we went in had something with the England flag on it, from bags to flip-flops - you name it, they had it!I had a similar experience when I went to south-west Engerland for a couple of days in the middle of Euro 2004. The ubiquity of car-borne red & white flags was a little un-nerving at first but I soon got used to it. And I reckon Scotland would be much the same if we'd qualified and they hadn't. Maybe you don't remember 1978.

I "enjoyed" (part of) the 2002 World Cup final with a hangover at some unearthly hour on a sunny Sunday morning in Boston. The only incentive to get up that early was to enjoy my German colleagues' over-achieving team get well and truly gubbed by a half-decent Brazilian side. Yes, I'm afraid I can be as guilty of schadenfreude as some of the previous posters. :o Anyway, the scenes that followed in the streets of Boston were quite amazing. Dozens of cars were driving up and down the main drag, all honking their horns and flying Brazilian flags. It appeared that Brazilians with yellow shirts, painted faces and Brazilian flags were being generated spontaneously in every building in the neighbourhood. I'd only been there a week, but I couldn't remember having seen a single Brazilian prior to the final. But they were real. Well, the few that I spoke to had an accent that was discernably Brazilian. And the atmosphere was great, so I'm not averse to a bit of gratuitous flag-waving during World cups.

You're showing your age now Dr Szin!!!lol:cool:Not at all. I was very precocious. I still am...

porshiepoo
07-Jun-06, 08:22
Very witty. Made me smile anyway.
I have a huge Braveheart poster in me house! Magnificnet Mel in all his glory.
Yes I know it was fiction, largely but he encapsulated a spirit. Summat to do wi'freedom I recall. Anyway my wife likes Gibson in his kilt.

Your comments say more about the limited capacity of your pea sized brain than they do of anything else.
So nice to see and hear that uk solidarity and unity is so alive and treasured in a world full of ignorance and hate born of false, ignorant and one sided fairy tales! [lol]

Yes Braveheart was a great film but what spirit did it encapsulate exactly???
Freedom??? Freedom to kill, maim and torture (on both English and Scottish sides).
The film did nothing more or less than to give scots further reason to believe the horror stories of time gone by and build further resentment toward English - it was hundreds of years ago, get over it already! England has forgiven Scotland the atrocities they carried out, so who's the bigger country?

As far as Football - have to say I don't watch it but I'll be rooting for England of course, and if England were to lose and if Scotland had managed to be taking part I would have been rooting for them also, but as they're not in it (again), I won't!

porshiepoo
07-Jun-06, 08:28
Sorry moose and Lindsay! Not a footie fan! Was on holiday down in England last week and to be honest I was glad to touch down in Inverness! Everywhere we went it was ENGLAND, talk about "in yer face!" Couldn't get near any of the bars for banners. cars going around with flags flyin', every shop we went in had something with the England flag on it, from bags to flip-flops - you name it, they had it! Glad to get home to hear the SCOTTISH accent again! So answering your question - no I won't be supporting England!

Oh don't tell me, if scotland were doing as well as England at the footie and they actually managed to win, Scottish fans wouldn't be doing the same?
Oh noooooo, they'd all be silently congratulating behind closed doors? Insisting nobody bears the flag? Celebrating quietly? Banning the win from the papers? Hmmmmm don't think so!

Heres a thought - why don't people such as yourself direct all that negative energy against the English and the England team, turn it around, be a bigger person, congratulate England for as far as they get and maybe, just maybe you'll find that all the hype doesn't bother you so much.
Jealousy is such an ugly attribute and saps a person of so much energy!

Bulldog
07-Jun-06, 10:12
Oh don't tell me, if scotland were doing as well as England at the footie and they actually managed to win, Scottish fans wouldn't be doing the same?
Oh noooooo, they'd all be silently congratulating behind closed doors? Insisting nobody bears the flag? Celebrating quietly? Banning the win from the papers? Hmmmmm don't think so!

Heres a thought - why don't people such as yourself direct all that negative energy against the English and the England team, turn it around, be a bigger person, congratulate England for as far as they get and maybe, just maybe you'll find that all the hype doesn't bother you so much.
Jealousy is such an ugly attribute and saps a person of so much energy!

Couldn't agree more Porshie!! Blame the media every time because they cannot admit it's just plain jealousy. It's hilarious - no-one harps on about '66 as much as the green eyed Scots. I wish Scotland would qualify, then maybe they could discuss their own team rather than twitter on about a team who does NOT need or want their support.

COME ON ENGLAND!!:lol:

phoenix
07-Jun-06, 10:29
France to win the world cup!!!!!!!:D

squidge
07-Jun-06, 10:42
See

I dont get any of this upset on both sides. Do you think that a Man City Fan would support Man United in the cup? To be honest they are as likely to support United's opposing team as Scotland are to support Englands opposing team. My sister in law is an Oldham Athletic Season Ticket holder ( we all have our crosses to bear) she would no more cheer for united in the cup than she would fly to the moon.

Why does it upset us english that the scots dont cheer for us? What - because we would cheer for them? So what. Its football. My house is going to be divided completely over the world cup - ill be cheering for England and Robert the Bruce will most definitely NOT. The whole thing will be hilarious and fun and Im relishing the thought that we might win and ill get to gloat for days and days and days. If we get knocked out first round then ill have to suffer the consequenses but thats just life.

dragonfly
07-Jun-06, 12:48
http://www.marsbelieve.com/

after watching that it should be M'arse bars :lol:

angela5
07-Jun-06, 12:50
Dragonfly, [lol] [lol]

porshiepoo
07-Jun-06, 14:55
See

I dont get any of this upset on both sides. Do you think that a Man City Fan would support Man United in the cup? To be honest they are as likely to support United's opposing team as Scotland are to support Englands opposing team. My sister in law is an Oldham Athletic Season Ticket holder ( we all have our crosses to bear) she would no more cheer for united in the cup than she would fly to the moon.

Why does it upset us english that the scots dont cheer for us? What - because we would cheer for them? So what. Its football. My house is going to be divided completely over the world cup - ill be cheering for England and Robert the Bruce will most definitely NOT. The whole thing will be hilarious and fun and Im relishing the thought that we might win and ill get to gloat for days and days and days. If we get knocked out first round then ill have to suffer the consequenses but thats just life.

I don't think anyone would mind that scotland can't cheer England if it was all just a case of friendly banter, but it's not. At least not for everyone.
Alot of scots see this sort of thing just as another reason to slate 'the English' and find ridiculous excuses to wave the 'Braveheart' flag like it actually has any real relevance in todays world.

porshiepoo
07-Jun-06, 14:57
after watching that it should be M'arse bars :lol:

Yep and I hope you'll eat 30 of em when England wins the cup, wipes the sarcastic grin off your face and gets Mars to rename it to 'Again'. [lol]

squidge
07-Jun-06, 15:37
I don't think anyone would mind that scotland can't cheer England if it was all just a case of friendly banter, but it's not. At least not for everyone.
Alot of scots see this sort of thing just as another reason to slate 'the English' and find ridiculous excuses to wave the 'Braveheart' flag like it actually has any real relevance in todays world.

Well thats interesting Porshie because looking throgh this thread it seems that there is only one post which i wouldnt describe as friendly banter and thats the one by doyle about the flags. the rest are all lighthearted and sometimes funny and not the slightest bit offensive. Seems to me that we English people should just stop seeing offense where there is none - in fact apart from Doyle the only snippit posts have been yours and perhaps the post that bulldog made.

Four pages of posts and one not so nice one - hardly a majority is it?

peter macdonald
07-Jun-06, 16:25
Squidge You make a very fine point about this thread .I as a Scots man will not be supportting England in the world cup My team Scotland was a rival to England during the qualifying stages but unfortunately Scotland did qualify whereas England did Good luck to them
However let me define the reasons I wont be rooting for England
1 I hardly ever look at the English premier league on Sky I find it overhyped and boring
2 Most of the English players are overpayed and over-rated
3 The style of football is based on athleticism not skill
4 I prefer football played as by the Spanish Their league is a joy to watch and very seldom dull
5 The players in Spain still seem to play for their jersey (Ever seen an Athletic Bilbao or Cadiz game ???
6 Ronaldinho Villa E'tto Requelme entertain me with their skill not the physical headless chicken style of the English game
So to all the English folks here its not an anti English thing with me that hopes Brazil or Argentina or Spain win the World cup ..Its just that I dont think English football contributes anything to the beautiful game
Peter "the hand of God" MacDonald

Astra
07-Jun-06, 22:12

Jealousy is such an ugly attribute and saps a person of so much energy!Porshie get off your high horse if anyone is shouting it s only coming from you it seems to me that you have the problem not anyone else .

Praetorian
07-Jun-06, 22:37
maybe we should have a sweep on how many times 1966 is mentioned during the competition bonus points should be given for " you can't help thinking that should be england there " or "Rooney should be fit for the final" or "Ronaldho he's not a bad player but he's no wayne rooney"

landmarker
07-Jun-06, 23:14
Your comments say more about the limited capacity of your pea sized brain than they do of anything else.

Coming from you such vegetable based insult is rich indeed. I barely managed to stifle a chortle - thanks.

landmarker

landmarker
07-Jun-06, 23:26
See

I dont get any of this upset on both sides. Do you think that a Man City Fan would support Man United in the cup? To be honest they are as likely to support United's opposing team as Scotland are to support Englands opposing team. .

Absolutely refreshing common sense.
And come on the Latics.
Despite being 'squidgy', your brain bears no comparison to pulses or vegetables. Given your recent comments I'd align it with more staple foods like chips, and white fish. Well done.

l/m- tongue in cheek comments beacuase the Cointreau has turned my pea sized brain all mushy!

Chillie
08-Jun-06, 00:15
Yep and I hope you'll eat 30 of em when England wins the cup, wipes the sarcastic grin off your face and gets Mars to rename it to 'Again'. [lol]

If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen as they say, all ye sooth moothers, should get back over the border till they get beat if yees canna take the slagging.

melted_wellie
08-Jun-06, 09:29
Couldn't agree more Porshie!! Blame the media every time because they cannot admit it's just plain jealousy. It's hilarious - no-one harps on about '66 as much as the green eyed Scots. I wish Scotland would qualify, then maybe they could discuss their own team rather than twitter on about a team who does NOT need or want their support.

COME ON ENGLAND!!:lol:COME ON TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO. stuff the English.I wonder how many of the travelling English supporters actually spend the entire competition in a German police cell.They just dont know how to conduct themselves abroad.

angela5
08-Jun-06, 10:47
I wonder how many of the travelling English supporters actually spend the entire competition in a German police cell.They just dont know how to conduct themselves abroad.

Aye, how true Bejaye.:D

tisme
08-Jun-06, 11:35

80% down according to the radio the other day!! no surprise there.

melted_wellie
08-Jun-06, 11:55
80% down according to the radio the other day!! no surprise there.send them all back to England with Porshiepoo and Bulldog.

Chillie
08-Jun-06, 11:58
COME ON TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO. stuff the English.I wonder how many of the travelling English supporters actually spend the entire competition in a German police cell.They just dont know how to conduct themselves abroad.

There was a self-confessed hooligan on the Jeremy Kyle show the other day, he's going over to germany to get bladdered and fight, fight, fight.
Your right there bejaye, they don't know how to conduct themselves. Lager louts!:(

Chillie
08-Jun-06, 11:59
80% down according to the radio the other day!! no surprise there.

That's no surprise, i'll never eat another mars bar.

melted_wellie
08-Jun-06, 12:03
Exactly Chillie. The English aren't very well liked throughout the rest of Europe,iv been treated with contempt on many occasions untill i mentioned i wasn't actually English but Scottish,their whole attitude towards me changed completely.

Chillie
08-Jun-06, 12:07
Exactly Chillie. The English aren't very well liked throughout the rest of Europe,iv been treated with contempt on many occasions untill i mentioned i wasn't actually English but Scottish,their whole attitude towards me changed completely.

I've found that the scot's get as much a ribbing as the english, but we don't moan and go on and on about it.:roll:

melted_wellie
08-Jun-06, 12:09
I've found that the scot's get as much a ribbing as the english, but we don't moan and go on and on about it.:roll:hahahaha,we just shrug our shoulders and get on with it,the English smash a chair,the table and the odd window.hahahahah

Chillie
08-Jun-06, 12:17

I'll certainly eat 100 of them when england lose the world cup and they get renamed LOSER. That will wipe the sarcastic grin of your face.[lol]

Mamabear
08-Jun-06, 12:42
No , Im not supporting them just because were nearest to them, ask a dutchman to support Germany or a spaniard to support France & you will get a similar NO.

Its pathetic asking us to support another country, why should we? If they support us, why? I didnt ask them to. Simple as that for me.

DrSzin
08-Jun-06, 12:45
I'll certainly eat 100 of them when england lose the world cup and they get renamed LOSER. That will wipe the sarcastic grin of your face.[lol]But what if you get England in the sweep? :lol:

Rheghead
08-Jun-06, 17:28

That has never happened to me. Except last year when I was in NYC, an oriental looking chap asked where I was from, I said Scotland and he made the gesture similiar to taking a wee dram. I laughed and said 'I just live there' and we had a chuckle about his stereotyping.

Everyone loves a harmless drunk I guess.:lol:

katarina
08-Jun-06, 18:54
i support the united kindom and in this case it is represented by England. As for the rest of you who don't --all i can say is GET OVER YOURSELVES!

Bulldog
08-Jun-06, 18:57
COME ON TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO. stuff the English.I wonder how many of the travelling English supporters actually spend the entire competition in a German police cell.They just dont know how to conduct themselves abroad.
Mmmmm think your generalising there - never had the luxury of staying in a cell before nor have any of my buddies here or abroad. I remember when Scotland played at Wembley '77 or '78 and completely trashed the place, but that's just the minority of divvies most countries have had to tolerate and, yes England like many others have and will continue to endure hooliganism.

Send me back to England? Nah, prefer to stay here a while, winding you up, EASY! EASY! EASY!;)

Gotta be in it to win it!

landmarker
08-Jun-06, 20:06
Who cares who you support. Get over it. I'm convinced England will do well. Semi-finals or even better, we will see.
Porshiepoo has got a nerve - moving seven hundred miles looking for a cosy secure bubble and then trying to re-arrange the furniture.
Also, you who criticise English behaviour abroad have a point. No-one can deny it. If I had a God to pray to I'd wish for no trouble in Germany. We will see. If the (large) minority spoil it then we wil deserve a ten year world cup ban. Let's hope it doesn'y happen.
Boycott mars bars , slag of the anglos, it just makes it all the funnier when we sweep Paraguay aside, murder Trinidad and Tobasco, go all square with the Swedes and head the group. Bring on Germany and we can settle another old score. I'm sticking my head above the parapet here to get shot down but like I said - we shall see. At the end of the day it's just a laugh, and some of the attitude shere are really quite amusing.

Respect to all Scotsmen and women. We love the underdog.

willowbankbear
08-Jun-06, 21:01
Who cares who you support. Get over it. I'm convinced England will do well. Semi-finals or even better, we will see.
Porshiepoo has got a nerve - moving seven hundred miles looking for a cosy secure bubble and then trying to re-arrange the furniture.
Also, you who criticise English behaviour abroad have a point. No-one can deny it. If I had a God to pray to I'd wish for no trouble in Germany. We will see. If the (large) minority spoil it then we wil deserve a ten year world cup ban. Let's hope it doesn'y happen.
Boycott mars bars , slag of the anglos, it just makes it all the funnier when we sweep Paraguay aside, murder Trinidad and Tobasco, go all square with the Swedes and head the group. Bring on Germany and we can settle another old score. I'm sticking my head above the parapet here to get shot down but like I said - we shall see. At the end of the day it's just a laugh, and some of the attitude shere are really quite amusing.

Respect to all Scotsmen and women. We love the underdog.

Thought ye were supporting Ivory Coast, Landmarker?

Viva Espana, Hala Raul[lol]

landmarker
08-Jun-06, 22:25
Thought ye were supporting Ivory Coast, Landmarker?

Viva Espana, Hala Raul[lol]

Oh yeah, I forgot.Sorry.
If they beat England 6-5 in the final I'd be a happy man.(NO penalties either)
Plus ninety quid better off.

porshiepoo
09-Jun-06, 08:45
My god, all the talk you lot talk about the English but theres alot of you scots on here who are so far up yourselves that I'm afraid you'll never see daylight.

England is a better football team than scotland - end of! Stop being so jealous, making silly jealous remarks and enjoy the game! Even if you're not in it. ;)

How any of you can say that this is harmless banter is beyond me. Remarks made may be hidden behind humour but lets face it when it comes to the English, for some reason Scots revolt back to neanderthal time and think they're doing their country a justice of some kind by being bitter, twisted and oppresive. So sad!

Someone made a remark about me moving 700 miles up here and trying to change it - yeah right! And something about slagging off the English being the norm! - Thats more like it!!
I for one would be on the bandwagon of not changing the asthetics of Caithness at all, but ignorance and spite shouldn't be a tolerated attribute in any society.
I cannot claim to be 100% spite free all the time and yes I've made comments in the past born of ignorant spite but believe me this isn't one of them.
I absolutely love Scotland and Caithness, on the whole I think the people are great and even though I've gotten into a few spats with people on the org and traded insults, when the chips were down and we needed help the org was the place to go. THAT is why I find the comments towards the English so cutting.
Hardly any of you have separated the English football team from the English people. How many have said 'I won't support the English team as the English team are rubbish'? A few but not many. Most of the reasons for not supporting Englands team are to due with prejudices, hatred, spite, ignorance and jealousy, so I ask again how can this be called harmless banter??????

England may win the football, they may not - to be honest who the heck cares?? It's a blinkin game with all the skill involved of running up and down a pitch kicking a ball - whoaaaaaa!
It appears to be more and more of a game for rival countries and teams etc etc to act out their ill feelings while hiding behind the claim of it being harmless football banter.

And while someone points out the English hooligans, of which their are legion and should be dealt with severely, I suppose you alls think that Scotland has no hooligans?? None at all! Not a one!
Nope, they're all on this site hiding behind ficticious names slagging off in the safety of their own homes.

melted_wellie
09-Jun-06, 09:06
i standby everything i said,as im sure everyone else will.if i had my way id drive you all south with a great big cattle prod.

Tickle
09-Jun-06, 10:27
England football team are rubbish!!!

dunderheed
09-Jun-06, 11:35
porshiepoo, from what i've read on this thread no one has mentioned one thing , to quote you "I suppose you alls think that Scotland has no hooligans". yes scotland does have hooligans , but not at internastional level this is down to two things -
1) the tartan army is a self regulating organisation , if anyone crosses the line the tartan army deal with it themselves .
2) in my opinion in the 70's and even the early 80's the international scots fans could be nasty ,we now have something that is lacking (sadly) in the majority of travelling english fans . thats the ability to laugh at ourselves (only us scots could take a piss take like the "see you jimmy" hat and turn it into a national icon).

on the respect of who i will be supporting during the world cup as a football fan i for one will only be hoping that fair play and good football are the winners as scotland are not there. however i will wish every team that is there the best of luck as they have qualified by their own merits ,thus proving they are the best teams in the world .

Praetorian
09-Jun-06, 15:44
BBC World Cup Guidelines for commentary team.
1 -Within 1 minute of kick off in the opening match (Germany v Costa Rica),
the commentator must mention England.
2 - Regardless of what two teams are contesting the final, England have to
be mentioned within the first minute.
3 - The commentator shall refer to the Falkland Isles in passing at some
point in the match if England play Argentina.
4 - Whenever a hat trick is scored, comparisons with Geoff Hurst will be
made within seconds of the third goal hitting the net.

5 - Should England wear their red jerseys, then '1966' should be mentioned
approximately 20 times.
6 - 1966 will be mentioned approximately 10 times a match, or only on 4 or 5
occasions for matches not involving England.

7 - Prior to the captain of the winning team lifting the trophy, the
commentator will mention Bobby Moore. And 1966.
8 - When Germany are playing, they must be referred to as being arrogant by
the commentator on at least 14 occasions. This must refer to their style,
their passing, their haircuts and their general footballing ability.

9 - Should England play Germany, mentions of Winston Churchill, Dambusters,
The Luftwaffe and Adolf Hitler will be compulsory. And 1966.

10 - All Scottish members of our commentary team must continue to refer to
England as "we" and "us".
11 - We must ensure that nationalistic stereotypes are adhered to. Of
course, the Germans are arrogant. The Spanish are bottlers, The Ivory Coast
are fast but bad at defending, The Angolans are disorganised, The
Argentinians are cheats and the French are only good because their best
players play in England.

12 - For matches not involving England, we must only discuss the players
that are playing in England. (eg - Holland v Argentina should be referred to
as Van Nistelroy v Crespo).

13 - The mythical "bulldog spirit" phrase should be used as often as
possible.
14 - Each match involving England should begin with the phrase "England
Expects."
15 - Should any player be involved in an injury that involves the loss of
teeth, then references to Nobby Stiles and 1966 are compulsory.

16 - If in doubt, mention 1966.
17 - Praise all of the stunning new stadiums in Germany but emphasise that
they lack the presence of Wembley, the spiritual home of football since

18 - Commentators should feel free to imitate the style of Kenneth
Wolstenholme, the hero of 1966.
19 - Should any team feature brothers playing together, then Jackie and
Bobby Charlton should be mentioned.
20 - When England bow out after the first stage, we must emphasise that it
is a massive blow to football and a serious loss to the World Cup.

Chicky
09-Jun-06, 16:49
I hope England Lose! Just to shut you all up! Then we never have to hear about it again for another few years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

porshiepoo
09-Jun-06, 16:57
Hahahhaha, jeez this just gets funnier and sadder![lol]

scorrie
09-Jun-06, 17:02

approximately 20 times.

players play in England.

possible.
Expects."

You missed out the bit about "Latin temperament shining through"

porshiepoo
09-Jun-06, 17:14

approximately 20 times.

players play in England.

possible.
Expects."

Look on the bright side - you never know, Scotland may one day in the farrrrrrrrr distant future secure themselves a similar position in football (especially if they bring in the obviously superior English players) and then we'll be able to sit and think up stupid little ditties like that on behalf of the Scotland team!

For all the complaining about 1966 being dragged up by the English - at least it's a positive thing.
How many of you Scots on here have dragged up bad history of many more years ago and wielded it in the same fashion?
Just admit to your jealousies and you'll feel so much better! Go on, ya know ya wanna! ;)

melted_wellie
09-Jun-06, 17:20
Look on the bright side - you never know, Scotland may one day in the farrrrrrrrr distant future secure themselves a similar position in football (especially if they bring in the obviously superior English players) and then we'll be able to sit and think up stupid little ditties like that on behalf of the Scotland team!

For all the complaining about 1966 being dragged up by the English - at least it's a positive thing.
How many of you Scots on here have dragged up bad history of many more years ago and wielded it in the same fashion?
Just admit to your jealousies and you'll feel so much better! Go on, ya know ya wanna! ;)isnt there a county somewhere in englandshire that has a similar sort of forum,one perhaps you would feel slightly more at home,or even better move there.

Bulldog
09-Jun-06, 17:22

approximately 20 times.

players play in England.

possible.
Expects."

Now that sounds absolutely perfect! Couldn't have put it better myself!

Never mind guys you might just get past the qualifying stages in 4 years time - If not enjoy spending all your free time talking/typing about ENGLAND (the second favourites - hardly a rubbish team!
Here's to the next 40 years talking about the World Cup Winners Yep ENGLAND!
:lol:

melted_wellie
09-Jun-06, 17:27
Now that sounds absolutely perfect! Couldn't have put it better myself!

Never mind guys you might just get past the qualifying stages in 4 years time - If not enjoy spending all your free time talking/typing about ENGLAND (the second favourites - hardly a rubbish team!
:lol:hahaha in yer dreams

Chillie
09-Jun-06, 17:30
:lol:

That's the kind of comment that put's ye off england in the first place.:roll:

Billy Boy
09-Jun-06, 17:33

it's called arrogance lol:eek:

Bulldog
09-Jun-06, 17:38
That's the kind of comment that put's ye off england in the first place.:roll:

Sorry, just couldn't resist, but worse things are said and done in the world - can't understand how it winds you all up. Why don't you just turn down the volume or turn the tv off???

Billy Boy
09-Jun-06, 17:49
Sorry, just couldn't resist, but worse things are said and done in the world - can't understand how it winds you all up. Why don't you just turn down the volume or turn the tv off???

that's what i do now,it just ruin's a good foote match lol

candyfloss
09-Jun-06, 18:01
What really makes me laugh is them taking about the knock out rounds already, and they hav'nt even kicked a ball yet:roll: :roll:

peter macdonald
09-Jun-06, 21:58
Originally Posted by porshiepoo

Just admit to your jealousies and you'll feel so much better! Go on, ya know ya wanna!
This post makes me want to ask you a question or two..Why are you here ???
Why did you start the thread about what you heard in Wick Post Office ?? If you have such a negative view on the Caithness people the best thing you do is go back where you came from ....if they will have you
You are giving a lot of English people who have moved up here a very bad name

angela5
09-Jun-06, 23:06

Why did you start the thread about what you heard in Wick Post Office ??

If you have such a negative view on the Caithness people the best thing you do is go back where you came from ....if they will have you

Very well said peter.:D

Astra
09-Jun-06, 23:14

Just admit to your jealousies and you'll feel so much better! Go on, ya know ya wanna!
Why did you start the thread about what you heard in Wick Post Office ?? If you have such a negative view on the Caithness people the best thing you do is go back where you came from ....if they will have you
You are giving a lot of English people who have moved up here a very bad name Couldn't of worded it better myself

connieb19
09-Jun-06, 23:34

You are giving a lot of English people who have moved up here a very bad nameMy thoughts exactly!!![mad] I think porshiepoo is stirring the doo doo's here to make it look as if people are against the English. With comments like hers, is it any wonder they are so hated in Scotland!!

landmarker
09-Jun-06, 23:45

I totally agree Peter . I for one cannot believe Porshipoos' hectoring tones. For goodness sake it is a game. Allegiances do not matter.The comfy bubble you long for has imperfections and flaws, adapt or move out. Accept that many people north of the border DO NOT WANT YOU. When I come up there, however far north I decide I will not venture strong opinions until I am fully assimilated. I realise I never will be, it's too late for that. I am as unbending as some of them. I shall pay my way & I'll hold my own with anyone in an argument but to be honest, when it comes to fundamental stuff like anti-anglo sentiments I can accept it, it is almost fundamental, and often for very good reason. On an individual basis I''d hope to converse/argue/debate with any Scot on equal terms because I'd be a grateful immigrant. Someone who sought not to change Scotland , or her peoples opinions and attitudes BUT because I want to live there irrespective, embracing its peoples idiosyncracies/quirks and prejudices.

Your constant complaints about Scottish traits , prejudices and football allegiances are the very height of impertinence in my opinion. Frankly, you do not know what the hell you are talking about. Be truthful, what did you know of Scotland before you 'emigrated' did you honestly think it would be all sweetness and light, and be embraced with open arms?
Bejay responses make me smile. I'd EXPECTY to encounter such pseud0-animosity. I think after the third pint me and him might agree on a kind of mutual respect/tolerance. Your attitude would render you with no chance.

gleeber
10-Jun-06, 09:33
I totally agree Peter . I for one cannot believe Porshipoos' hectoring tones. For goodness sake it is a game. Allegiances do not matter.The comfy bubble you long for has imperfections and flaws, adapt or move out.
Coming from the grandfather of hectoring tones, that's a cracker.
You lot are apoligists for ignorance. Landmarker's in his element in situations like this, and he calls it a game. He's like a fox in a hen house when prejudice is let loose. The rest of you are nothing but lackies. Not a clue about the damage your banter may be causing, nor any idea about the source of your ignorance.
Landmarker has some romantic idea that life in Scotland may be idealic. It may well be if he finds people like Connie and Angela and Peter for neighbours. They deserve one another. Mind you, I would give them a few days before their own covert hangups started to kick in and landmarker, and his own inability to adapt, finds himself on top of the bonfire. In my opinion, the best place for him, especially on a still, clammy night when the Scottish midge is at her most ferocious.
C'mon England.

angela5
10-Jun-06, 09:48
You lot are apoligists for ignorance. Landmarker's in his element in situations like this, and he calls it a game. He's like a fox in a hen house when prejudice is let loose. The rest of you are nothing but lackies. Not a clue about the damage your banter may be causing, nor any idea about the source of your ignorance.
Landmarker has some romantic idea that life in Scotland may be idealic. It may well be if he finds people like Connie and Angela and Peter for neighbours. They deserve one another. Mind you, I would give them a few days before their own covert hangups started to kick in and landmarker, and his own inability to adapt, finds himself on top of the bonfire. In my opinion, the best place for him, especially on a still, clammy night when the Scottish midge is at her most ferocious.
C'mon England.

Does the scottish midge like to hang around bonfires? i thought they stayed away from smoke and heat.
I would'nt mind Landmarker, connie and peter being my neighbour, oh! and bejaye too.:lol:

connieb19
10-Jun-06, 09:50
Landmarker has some romantic idea that life in Scotland may be idealic. It may well be if he finds people like Connie and Angela and Peter for neighbours. They deserve one another. Mind you, I would give them a few days before their own covert hangups started to kick inDo you mind explaining this please?:confused

angela5
10-Jun-06, 09:59
Connie and Angela and Peter They deserve one another.

Eh'm is there anyone else you would like to add to this list gleeber? [disgust]

Chillie
10-Jun-06, 10:34
My thoughts exactly!!![mad] I think porshiepoo is stirring the doo doo's here to make it look as if people are against the English. With comments like hers, is it any wonder they are so hated in Scotland!!

doo doo's are getting stirred indeed. very sensitive is porshipoo.;)

phoenix
10-Jun-06, 10:36
C'mon England.

Love it Gleeber!!!!!!!With all that energy that's being sent their way wouldn't surprise me if the England Football Team walk away with the World Cup! Talk about a feeding frenzy they're like piranha fish! The English aren't stupid are they, they know exactly how to get the energy directed their way........and some of us fall for it hook line and sinker! :roll: May the best team win today..........Good Luck England! :}

Chillie
10-Jun-06, 10:39
Love it Gleeber!:roll:

may the best team win today.

paraguay to win

krieve
10-Jun-06, 10:44
May the best team win today..........Good Luck England! :}

Paraguay [lol]

phoenix
10-Jun-06, 10:49
paraguay to win

Ive consulted my crystal ball Chillie, I see a White flag with a red cross. It could be though that the mass consciousness at the minute ie England are sending these signals out into the Ethernet! :Razz

Chillie
10-Jun-06, 11:13
Ive consulted my crystal ball Chillie, I see a White flag with a red cross. It could be though that the mass consciousness at the minute ie England are sending these signals out into the Ethernet!

Crystal ball !!!!!!!!:roll: signals!!!! what ye on the day phoenix?

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f318/krieves/Paraguay.gifcome on paraguay

gee
10-Jun-06, 11:16
i will be supporting any team playing against england. will make watching worldcup more bearable.

phoenix
10-Jun-06, 11:26
Crystal ball !!!!!!!!:roll: signals!!!! what ye on the day phoenix?

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f318/krieves/Paraguay.gifcome on paraguay

Im on nothing Chillie.........it only happens when I log onto the org! :}

porshiepoo
10-Jun-06, 11:53
Maybe I do give the English a bad name, not exactly hard to is it? It really doesn't take much on this site to get certain members finding it difficult to take the same kind of rubbish that they deal out.
And I have never said that I dislike caithnessians, quite to the contrary, I expressed how amiable the majority are.
I'll explain again - I am where I come from, Great Britain. There is not one person on this site that has more or less of a right to be here than I do. :)

angela5
10-Jun-06, 15:41
Well England win against paraguay, BUT, only just by an own goal.
Great effort by paraguay and what a fantastic ref, stood for no nonsense from the hackers.;)

JimH
10-Jun-06, 16:27
England football team are rubbish!!!
Seems they were good enough for "Para something or other"

angela5
10-Jun-06, 16:44
Seems they were good enough for "Para something or other"

"para something or other", you don't take note of who's playing then.:roll:

Anyway JimH did England score a goal today? Did you watch the game?

peter macdonald
10-Jun-06, 16:45
Originally Posted by gleeber
Landmarker has some romantic idea that life in Scotland may be idealic. It may well be if he finds people like Connie and Angela and Peter for neighbours. They deserve one another. Mind you, I would give them a few days before their own covert hangups started to kick in

What complete rubbish Gleeber I don t think any of the English Welsh Swedish German or Polish folkies who live around here are quaking in their boots about having me as a neighbour ..and I would think its the same most probably with Angela and Connie...However what hacks me off is folks trying to construct mountains out of molehills wrt race/anti English feelings
Let me tell u this Gleeber I have a good mate who worked out at US Navy Forss and he loved it here I asked him why and he replied "because no one calls me a Black so and so or a "N......r" up here"
I was so proud of Caithness that day ...Thats why some of the posts going about on a couple of threads have annoyed me greatly
Peter MacDonald
ps Sorry I missed out the Norwegian mannie over the hill

angela5
10-Jun-06, 16:49
Talk about a feeding frenzy they're like piranha fish!

Do You want to explain this a little further phoenix.[mad]

phoenix
10-Jun-06, 17:18
Do You want to explain this a little further phoenix.[mad]

Feels just like school :}....Well its like this that was this morning and I cant really remember what I was referring to I think it was the mass media and the frenzy and the hype that they create with regards to England in the World Cup......thats all!

PS My crystal ball was right Chillie:}

angela5
10-Jun-06, 17:23
Feels just like school :}....Well its like this that was this morning and I cant really remember what I was referring to I think it was the mass media and the frenzy and the hype that they create with regards to England in the World Cup......thats all!

Sometimes it does feel just like school.:lol: Too much media and hype with regards to England, i'll no argue there.

gleeber
10-Jun-06, 19:24
Do you mind explaining this please?:confused
Just a bit of challenging banter Connie. I'm as bigoted as Landmarker in my own little way but dont have the charismatic character in my diatribe to attract closet bigots like yoursel and Angela and Peter as support for my covert hangups.
Hope that explains it. :lol:

JimH
10-Jun-06, 19:29
"para something or other", you don't take note of who's playing then.:roll:

Anyway JimH did England score a goal today? Did you watch the game?
Yes I watched it - and I believe the Referee called a halt to the debacle after 92 minutes with the score England 1 - Para something or other 0.
I also belive that that was enough - and was pleased to see Para something or other score for England - it saved them the bother.

angela5
10-Jun-06, 19:37
and was pleased to see Para something or other score for England - it saved them the bother.

[lol] Was ye, they had no chance of scoring their own goal.

pultneytooner
10-Jun-06, 19:56
Yes I watched it - and I believe the Referee called a halt to the debacle after 92 minutes with the score England 1 - Para something or other 0.
I also belive that that was enough - and was pleased to see Para something or other score for England - it saved them the bother. Engerlund were rubbish, if they play like that during the rest of the games will never win the world cup, thank god for that.

JimH
10-Jun-06, 20:06
Engerlund were rubbish, if they play like that during the rest of the games will never win the world cup, thank god for that.
Oh! is that who it was? Good - was'nt it?

pultneytooner
10-Jun-06, 20:13
Oh! is that who it was? Good - was'nt it? If they're that good for the rest of the tournament, I'll be happy.;)

willowbankbear
10-Jun-06, 20:23
Aye , they were poor today, T&T defended like demons in the next game & the game at the moment is miles ahead of the England game in entertainment, argentina leading 1-0 v Ivory coast, end to end, the way its meant to be[lol]

angela5
10-Jun-06, 20:25
Aye , they were poor today, T&T defended like demons in the next game & the game at the moment is miles ahead of the England game in entertainment, argentina leading 1-0 v Ivory coast, end to end, the way its meant to be[lol]

It's 2-0....:D

willowbankbear
10-Jun-06, 20:28
It's 2-0....:D

Quality football match too, Its not like watchin Scotland or england[lol]

pultneytooner
10-Jun-06, 20:30
Ivory coast, don't they make wrangler jeans?:D

peter macdonald
10-Jun-06, 21:30
Just a bit of challenging banter Connie. I'm as bigoted as Landmarker in my own little way but dont have the charismatic character in my diatribe to attract closet bigots like yoursel and Angela and Peter as support for my covert hangups.
Hope that explains it.
Gleeber obviously you did not read my last post .........
Peter MacDonald

bigjjuk
11-Jun-06, 09:05
well done to the mighty england, I know it was an own goal and we were poor, ill put it to first match nerves and the heat, 3 points is 3 points.

Bulldog
11-Jun-06, 09:19
Engerlund were rubbish, if they play like that during the rest of the games will never win the world cup, thank god for that.

England were a little poor but an own goal is an own goal and gave us the 3 points, I'll be made up if we continue to play like that, winning I mean! - Ahhhhh lifting the cup is getting so near!
Come on ENGLAND!!!!!

willowbankbear
11-Jun-06, 11:02
Ye can dream Bulldog:roll:

landmarker
11-Jun-06, 18:06
C'mon England.

Gleeber, I take off me hat to you.
Do you mean like the 'wicker man' ? if so then it would almost be a privilege! When it comes to neighbours there are some you mentioned I'd relish, but I'd also love a few pints with thee down the local on many a winters night before a roaring fire. You could always crack me over th'heed with the poker and feed me to the flames if I got the upper hand - I'm not at all sure I would though.

touche! or should it be too-shay?#
Brill post made me laugh - thanks.

landmarker
11-Jun-06, 18:22
yes, it's been re-made but I mention not the movie. More England's opening performance in 1966. A lack lustre affair against South American opposition - Uruguay. Forty years on we went two points better. The performance was poor overall, and it was a dull game. However, itwas VERY hot, which as some relevance. Scotland seldom perform well in the heat to be fair , or the cold for that matter. Though they are often fair when it's peeing down.
Let's wait for the Sweden game to form a jdugement of ENgland's chances.
Many of you will disagree, but the latter stages are beckoning and the way it's shaping up I could be watching the quarter final, and the semi's in the land of my dreams. Glory be - should I buy a replica shirt to wear ? Possibly not as I value my still near perfect teeth.

Incidentally - some English idiots have been flying flags on their cars as they cross the border into north wales. This has brought bitterness and mild violence into confrontations with locals. I'm not surprised, a I feel it is an unecessary provocation and frankly, a mark of dis-respect. What say you?

Boozeburglar
11-Jun-06, 18:59
Geez!

How can you be posting on here at the climax of a match featuring Mexico?

I guess that is rhetorical.

Rarely are real football fans get drawn into this type of banter.

To some football is one more excuse to indulge in the kind of bigotry read here, nothing more.

gleeber
12-Jun-06, 08:10
We would get on just fine landmarker. I have to cope with the same bigotry and nationalism you bring onto caithness.org, everyday of my working life. Mostly I manage fine, but sometimes, usually it's the most innocuous thing, I lose it. Never physically, but when I do I'm the one who suffers most.
I operate at my best when I can be appreciated for who I am, not who someone else expects me to be. I imagine, out of all the bigots on caithness.org, you would be the one most likely to accept me for who I am.
To my brother bigot, I appreciate that.
Come on England

scotsboy
12-Jun-06, 18:59
I'll be supporting England, why not? I mean at least you get a decent cup of tea there.
I will also be supporting every team that play Brazil - hate them with a vengence.

landmarker
12-Jun-06, 21:42
Nic eone Scotsboy - the tea thing is quite correct, it just does not taste the same anywhere beyond these shores, even the Isle of Man does dodgy cuppas.

Gleeber, I like the cut of your jib. Sorry, but it's true.

landmarker

the original ducky
12-Jun-06, 22:32
support england you must be kidding only good thing about england are the roads out off it [lol] [lol]

Ricco
12-Jun-06, 22:39
I have read my way through this not inconsiderable pile of posts an thought that I should add my own deeply thoughtful, emotion-stirring, Godly patriotic comment to one side of the fence (or three) but.... sorry - i cannot get at all stirred up about football. Its like that other game where men like to smack their balls - golf. Oops - sorry, bad phraseology there. I would have supported Canada but they didn't make it, and I haven't seen Scotland either. Guess I'll go fishing instead.;)

ice box
13-Jun-06, 00:45
England were a little poor but an own goal is an own goal and gave us the 3 points, I'll be made up if we continue to play like that, winning I mean! - Ahhhhh lifting the cup is getting so near!
Come on ENGLAND!!!!!The only cup you will be lifting is a cup of tea .... dream on .

scrapydoo
13-Jun-06, 00:48
support england you must be kidding only good thing about england are the roads out off it [lol] [lol]
You said it in one Original ducky lmao

Bulldog
13-Jun-06, 00:48
The only cup you will be lifting is a cup of tea .... dream on .
Alot can be said for those oooo's in Typhoo! Anyway, we shall see - I won't rub it in when we lift the cup!
Ha ha ha as if I wouldn't!

ice box
13-Jun-06, 00:51
Alot can be said for those oooo's in Typhoo! Anyway, we shall see - I won't rub it in when we lift the cup!
Ha ha ha as if I wouldn't!And i'll try not to rub it in when loose and that could be shortly he he he you must of been dreaming when you wrote that . :lol:

Bulldog
13-Jun-06, 00:55
And i'll try not to rub it in when loose and that could be shortly he he he you must of been dreaming when you wrote that . :lol:
Should we beat T & T that'll be us qualifying for the second round - will let you know how it feels - as you've never been there!;)

melted_wellie
13-Jun-06, 01:00
Should we beat T & T that'll be us qualifying for the second round - will let you know how it feels - as you've never been there!;)yeah but we have never openly cried our eyes out cause we got a yellow card either, we are bred tough up here,not like you southern nancies.

theone
13-Jun-06, 01:09
Absolutely and emphatically YES! If ENgland had not qualified and Scotland had then I guarantee there would be saltyres flying on vars* driven by ENglishmen down here. Most Brits love the underdog. Scotland wins would be cheered to the rafters in 80% of pubs down here, nee bother.

*typo, but left it to represent vans and cars lol.

When england stop singing "are you scotland in disguise?" as they did with jamaica last week when they're destroying substandard opposition then I'll believe their "britishness"

robynaus
13-Jun-06, 01:13
Now thats quality for you!!!!!!

SOCCEROOS FOREVER

melted_wellie
13-Jun-06, 01:15
When england stop singing "are you scotland in disguise?" as they did with jamaica last week when they're destroying substandard opposition then I'll believe their "britishness"aye and when that happens ill stop supporting englands opposition.

Bulldog
13-Jun-06, 01:28
yeah but we have never openly cried our eyes out cause we got a yellow card either, we are bred tough up here,not like you southern nancies.
Another blinding tournament again, shame we didn't reach the final, but getting to the semi's wasn't bad going! Great feeling that - should have bottled it for you to sample - I'll do it for you when we're at the final and as you've had me in hysteria yet again, you can have some for free!:cool:

Come on England!

melted_wellie
13-Jun-06, 01:36
Another blinding tournament again, shame we didn't reach the final, but getting to the semi's wasn't bad going! Great feeling that - should have bottled it for you to sample - I'll do it for you when we're at the final and as you've had me in hysteria yet again, you can have some for free!:cool:

Come on England!yes but what you have to remember is this..."we will also be at that final,feeling tha great pleasure of yous gettin humped". remember 1967.......that never gets mentioned by yous lot.funny that.

willowbankbear
13-Jun-06, 08:40

Come on England!

You have been on the Stella ,bulldog, coz you seem to be talking another type of Bull!:Razz Good luck to England, you willl need every last drop of it & more I think. The heat is just a wee bit too much for yer guys, Im afraid

angela5
13-Jun-06, 08:54
You have been on the Stella ,bulldog, coz you seem to be talking another type of Bull!:Razz Good luck to England, you willl need every last drop of it & more I think. The heat is just a wee bit too much for yer guys, Im afraid

They needed something to blame for their poor performance.:roll: