PDA

View Full Version : t shirt printing

majic
03-May-10, 18:42
has anyone tried printing thier own t shirts with the stuff you can buy in tesco if you have was it successful and what was it like after it had been through the wash a couple of times

celtic1888
03-May-10, 18:49
sounds cheap - especially if your running a business..

theres a guy somewhere in the county that does proper tshirt prints.

majic
03-May-10, 18:55
its for our grandaughter not for the business but do you have any idea who it is that does them

celtic1888
03-May-10, 19:03
i can try and find out for you.. give me a wee while and il get back to you.

majic
03-May-10, 19:07
k thanks :)

charlie
03-May-10, 19:09
Guy over at Scarfskerry does them.
Listed in the business index
http://www.caithness-business.co.uk/business.php?id=1757

Also has a website
http://www.carbon-co.co.uk/

majic
03-May-10, 19:19
Hi thanks for that looked on the web side cant see if you can supply your own t shirts

ShelleyCowie
03-May-10, 19:22
me and my OH have done a few ourselves. Turned out pretty good but can be a bit fiddly if you want something detailed.

We had some plain babygrows for my son when he was little and because absolutely nowhere in the world makes things with his name on it without paying for it to be personalised we made our own and put his name on the back of the baby grows.

Turned out great!

Have heard the guy at Skarfskerry is brilliant though!

Sage
03-May-10, 19:24
The photoshop at Sutherland Pharmacy in Thurso print out t-shirts...and tons of other things if you fancy :D

majic
03-May-10, 19:27
me and my OH have done a few ourselves. Turned out pretty good but can be a bit fiddly if you want something detailed.

We had some plain babygrows for my son when he was little and because absolutely nowhere in the world makes things with his name on it without paying for it to be personalised we made our own and put his name on the back of the baby grows.

Turned out great!

Have heard the guy at Skarfskerry is brilliant though!

Hi did they wash ok

ShelleyCowie
03-May-10, 19:31
Hi did they wash ok

They washed fine, after quite a few it starts to crack a little but it might have been that i forgot about it and chucked them in the tumble dryer! :eek: :lol:

We ordered our T-shirt transfer paper from Ebay for about £4-5 for 20 sheets. Comes with instructions on whats best to do with it.

majic
03-May-10, 19:31
The photoshop at Sutherland Pharmacy in Thurso print out t-shirts...and tons of other things if you fancy :D

Thanks i will get OH to pop in on wednesday and see :)

majic
03-May-10, 19:33
They washed fine, after quite a few it starts to crack a little but it might have been that i forgot about it and chucked them in the tumble dryer! :eek: :lol:

We ordered our T-shirt transfer paper from Ebay for about £4-5 for 20 sheets. Comes with instructions on whats best to do with it.

Thats cheaper than tesco its about £5 for 7 sheets

ShelleyCowie
03-May-10, 19:54
Thats cheaper than tesco its about £5 for 7 sheets

I cant find the seller i bought mine from. But the top link is 5 sheets for £2.65. Bottom link is 10 sheets for just under £5 (free delivery on both)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/5-Sheets-T-Shirt-Iron-Transfer-Paper-Light-UK-/330406353199?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Computing_Printer_Paper_Accessories_ET&hash=item4cedc0d92f

or

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/T-Shirt-Transfer-Paper-Iron-On-Light-Fabrics-x-10-/380223295730?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Computing_Printer_Paper_Accessories_ET&hash=item58871310f2

majic
03-May-10, 20:09
K thanks i will have a look:)

patrick_boo
03-May-10, 20:20
The stuff you buy from Tescos or anywhere else is for inkjet or laser printers. You can get a decent photographic print from some of these papers but they are usually just for white shirts and it all depends on the type of ink in your printer, the heat, pressure and time you take pressing the transfer. The professional printers use sublimation inks and t-shirts generally which fuse the ink into the shirt itself and will generally last longer. For names on t-shirts it's best to go somewhere that will do a vinyl print for you which is more like a commercial screenprinted t-shirt - the effect is like the lettering on football shirts. If you need small orders of this sort doing I'd be happy to oblige -

http://www.planetboo.com/tshirts.htm

majic
03-May-10, 20:29
The stuff you buy from Tescos or anywhere else is for inkjet or laser printers. You can get a decent photographic print from some of these papers but they are usually just for white shirts and it all depends on the type of ink in your printer, the heat, pressure and time you take pressing the transfer. The professional printers use sublimation inks and t-shirts generally which fuse the ink into the shirt itself and will generally last longer. For names on t-shirts it's best to go somewhere that will do a vinyl print for you which is more like a commercial screenprinted t-shirt - the effect is like the lettering on football shirts. If you need small orders of this sort doing I'd be happy to oblige -

http://www.planetboo.com/tshirts.htm

Hi i have the t shirts just need them printed what would you charge for about 20? you could pm me if you prefer

im behind you
03-May-10, 20:52
its for our grandaughter not for the business but do you have any idea who it is that does them
are you going to be getting your grandaughter to promote the business then.

majic
03-May-10, 21:00
are you going to be getting your grand daughter to promote the business then.

no she is doing a sponsored walk for her playschool and i thought it would be nice to help them raise funds not everything should be for personal gain

im behind you
03-May-10, 21:05
no she is doing a sponsored walk for her playschool and i thought it would be nice to help them raise funds not everything should be for personal gain
sorry u lost me

majic
03-May-10, 21:11
i was going to get t shirts printed with the name of the playschool on it NO financial gain for me

im behind you
03-May-10, 21:15
thats good

upolian
04-May-10, 09:23
has anyone tried printing thier own t shirts with the stuff you can buy in tesco if you have was it successful and what was it like after it had been through the wash a couple of times

I will pm you a picture of the work i got done for the business 'best not post on here' [lol]

the company is called carbon co,top quality,

EDIT: You have a pm,well worth the money :D