PDA

View Full Version : Election 2010 -- Campaigns -- Where are they?

Kodiak
02-May-10, 11:26
There is Only 4 days to go to Election Day and this morning I said to Mrs Kodiak, "You know something we have not seen one person from any Political Party knocking on our door trying to get us to vote for them".

Not long after on the Politics Show on BBC they were going on about the rigerous Campaigns by all the Political Parties.

MMM, I thought, well this may be but other than getting an odd manefesto through the letter box, or seeing a Lamp Post Poster we have seen no activity of any Campaign for any Political Party.

So how about all you in Orgland, have you seen any political activity where you live, that is other than a Manefesto being pushed through your Letter Box.

I would be really interested to see just how much work all the Political Parties are putting in, here in Caithness, Sutherland and Easter Ross. Or have they all decided that they know who will be elected and not bother putting in any work as they see it as a waste of time, effort and money.

Boozeburglar
02-May-10, 11:33
They tend to focus on marginals and then downwards.

Here in Inverness there is some door to door, in London there was a lot going on.

tartanyorkie
I had just said that myself this morning. Four days to go and not a sign of anyone round the doors.

cazmanian_minx
John Thurso was campaigning in the Dounreay car park last week.

Hoida
02-May-10, 11:37
John Thurso held meetings in all the small villages along the north coast yesterday Strath Halladale Skerray Tongue Betthill Armadale Strathy Melvich etc He is the only person we have seen out canvassing in the west. It is the same every election. How well the meetings were attended I don't know as I am south this weekend for a spot of'retail therapy'

ducati
02-May-10, 11:40
A couple of Labour guys were handing out cards at Tesco Wick yesterday. They didn't seam too interested in talking to anyone though :lol:

~~Tides~~
02-May-10, 13:07
The SNP were out in force in the car park at Wick business park a couple of weeks ago. Told me what I wanted to hear, no surprises there.

Apparently its not even them who want the Gaelic roadsigns! :roll:

Fisherbigin
02-May-10, 13:08
John Thurso held meetings in all the small villages along the north coast yesterday Strath Halladale Skerray Tongue Betthill Armadale Strathy Melvich etc He is the only person we have seen out canvassing in the west. It is the same every election. How well the meetings were attended I don't know as I am south this weekend for a spot of'retail therapy'

Don't think there is any of the rest of the comedians fit for the job in this part of the world and he has plenty experience of the job.

crayola
02-May-10, 13:23
I've just had a call from the local Labour candidate. He asked for me by name but I told him I was out shopping and I'd be back later. :lol:

He asked for Miss C. I haven't been called Miss for a long time. :lol:

I think I'll vote for him....;)

The Drunken Duck
02-May-10, 13:34
Had a few leaflets through the door, that's about it.

Thank God.

poppett
02-May-10, 15:28
John Thurso and Bridget his assistant was doing the rounds in Springpark last week.

Leaflets from the rest in the doors, but a personal note too from John. Think he did this for anyone he helped in the past year so they will remember them.

I would vote for him regardless of his politics..............yes... even if he became a member of the "Monster raving loonie party.

Whoever gets voted in has a lot of old bad housekeeping to sort out. Hard times ahead.

series2A
02-May-10, 17:55
With all the bad press with corruption ect I think most are too frightened to come knocking at peoples doors, I for one have a lot of questions to ask about their behaviour and I would'nt be mincing my words.

Swannie
02-May-10, 18:04
John Thurso was in Halkirk last Thursday. I was not at home but got a card through the door to say he had called. No sign of any other candidate!

Mr P Cannop
02-May-10, 18:10
the SNP Thurso branch has been all over Caithness

The Oracle
02-May-10, 20:31
Well we in Halkirk must be the lucky ones :confused

Lots of door to door activity.

John Thurso this week, the SNP and CONservatives last week....no sign of Labour tho'

Gronnuck
02-May-10, 20:47
I'm waiting to meet my prospective Labour candidate. Their party slogan is "A future fair for all", so I want to know why they have created so many inequalities, and so much unfairness over the last thirteen years. :confused

Baconbuttie
06-May-10, 22:53
They have spent a lot of money cluttering up our lamp posts. Now its all over I hope they will have the decency to clear up after them.

Blarney
06-May-10, 23:13
Where has Gordon Campbell been hiding this time round? He is normally a very high profile candidate and we can rely on him to provide all the laughs in an otherwise dull pre-election period.....not that anyone would take him seriously!