PDA

View Full Version : John Higgins - Match Fixing

The Pepsi Challenge
02-May-10, 04:51
And I thought he was one of the good guys. He should be banned for life.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news/801641/How-world-snooker-champion-John-Higgins-plots-to-betray-his-fans-for-cash.html

Kevin Milkins
02-May-10, 05:10
And I thought he was one of the good guys. He should be banned for life.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news/801641/How-world-snooker-champion-John-Higgins-plots-to-betray-his-fans-for-cash.html

My late father will turn in his grave.:eek: He was a big fan of Higgins.:confused

Mik.M.
02-May-10, 09:16
Bloody greedy little sod,like he doesn`t have enough money already.Ban him for life and anyone else who does this sort of thing. Disgraceful behavior from a supposed professional.

im behind you
02-May-10, 09:21
HA-HA and davis thought he won because he was good.

cazmanian_minx
02-May-10, 10:37
Slightly different take on it on the BBC website - his manager is quoted as saying they were feared for their safety at the time, which has to be one of the more creative excuses people have come up with in these situations, although given they were in the Ukraine, possibly slightly more justified than normal:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8656637.stm

upolian
02-May-10, 10:40
:eek:That is shocking:eek:

series2A
02-May-10, 10:41
Like most so called sports these days they are behaving the same way as our corrupt, greedy, backstabbing, stealing, two faced, lying, selfish (you get the idea) politicians

Kodiak
02-May-10, 11:47
You know the worst thing about all this. It is that everyone believes it without question. Every one thinks that everyone is corrupt.

I am not saying it is not true, but that I do not know if it is true or not.

I will wait until Mr Barry Hearn has conducted his enquiry and has published the result.

It would not be the first time a Newspaper has set things up and edited a video to make it look like one thing when in actual fact it was the opposite.

Venture
02-May-10, 12:37
I see he has now been suspended. What is about guys like him. They are born with a talent, make a fortune from it and still want more. Greed can be a terrible thing and can destroy lives as John Higgins will now find out to his cost.[evil]

Gleber2
02-May-10, 13:17
You know the worst thing about all this. It is that everyone believes it without question. Every one thinks that everyone is corrupt.

I am not saying it is not true, but that I do not know if it is true or not.

I will wait until Mr Barry Hearn has conducted his enquiry and has published the result.

It would not be the first time a Newspaper has set things up and edited a video to make it look like one thing when in actual fact it was the opposite.
We don't often agree but in this case, well said.

joxville
02-May-10, 14:45
Slightly different take on it on the BBC website - his manager is quoted as saying they were feared for their safety at the time, which has to be one of the more creative excuses people have come up with in these situations, although given they were in the Ukraine, possibly slightly more justified than normal:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8656637.stm

If they agreed to go along with the scam because they feared for their safety why didn't they report it to the WPBSA before the media broke the story, that way the governing body would have been able to take a different stance?

teenybash
02-May-10, 15:18
Shame if this is true, but better to wait and see the results of the investigation........................

Loafer
02-May-10, 15:42
I hope this story is wrong with it being in that high class toilet paper The News of the World, but have my doubts. Looks like snooker is rank rotten from top to bottom. John Higgins a cheat? Almost unbelievable.

A sad day for snooker

The Loafer

fifa king
02-May-10, 16:14
if he got a fortune for losing a few games then so what,anybody else would do the same if offered crazy money.he quite rite to take what he gets out of it if somone daft enough to pay him.i would do the same.:cool:

Kodiak
02-May-10, 16:29
if he got a fortune for losing a few games then so what,anybody else would do the same if offered crazy money.he quite rite to take what he gets out of it if somone daft enough to pay him.i would do the same.:cool:

If you really think this, then I think you would be perfect as an MP. After all most of them are Taking Money from us Tax Payers.

BonsBalls
02-May-10, 16:31
Typical ppl from Caithness judging before proven for sure

After all this is coming from News of the World

If proven then i hold my hands up

The Pepsi Challenge
02-May-10, 17:03
He's been suspended, and his manager has resigned.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12040_6128682,00.html

series2A
02-May-10, 17:44
If they agreed to go along with the scam because they feared for their safety why didn't they report it to the WPBSA before the media broke the story, that way the governing body would have been able to take a different stance?

Have you ever tried to get anywhere near these people they are sorounded by body guards, media, hanger ons managers, staff, family and fans and yet some bent bookie makes them fear for their lives

Kodiak
02-May-10, 17:56
Have you ever tried to get anywhere near these people they are sorounded by body guards, media, hanger ons managers, staff, family and fans and yet some bent bookie makes them fear for their lives

This is very true in this country, but the Alleged Bribe was in Kiev the Ukrainian capital. So they were not on home ground and they would not have the same security as they would elsewhere. So it just might be possible what they claim. We will just have to wait and see what happens. Whatever does happen it is a Sad and Black day for Snooker. :(

series2A
02-May-10, 17:59
Well it's makes a boring sport a bit more interesting prehaps this was why it was done to stir a bit of interest in a dire sport that as far as I'm concerned makes crown green bowling sound exciting ;)

im behind you
02-May-10, 18:25
Well it's makes a boring sport a bit more interesting prehaps this was why it was done to stir a bit of interest in a dire sport that as far as I'm concerned makes crown green bowling sound exciting ;)
concur. maybe barry hern is behind the whole thing to try and spice up a dieing sport. after all he would gain from all this as well.and he was wanting to make the sport a bit more interesting.

Boozeburglar
03-May-10, 12:58

You got that right.

Anyone who thinks a game like snooker is a real world sport should think again. Just coincidental that 80% of the players are from one group of islands?

Ronnie Osulkivan can't take the fact he is absurdly talented in a sport with no meaning at all.

He would much rather be a 3rd division footballer, and we all know it.

Saying that, I likes a game of pool now and then.

scorrie
04-May-10, 14:41
He has been Framed!! ;)

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i237/scorrie57/SNA1318A-380_965049a.jpghttp://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i237/scorrie57/stacks-of-money.jpg

M R
04-May-10, 23:37
Typical ppl from Caithness judging before proven for sure

LOL :confused are you for real ?

06-May-10, 15:40
Football-related posts not pertaining to this topic have been removed.

Chobbersjnr
07-May-10, 15:22
Just checked out the video. Don't look too good for Mr Higgins.

Invisible
07-May-10, 16:33
Football-related posts not pertaining to this topic have been removed.

Im guessing that was including my post. Its gone no idea what I said though.

He's having Chicken Kiev for his dinner or is that Chicken Russian.