PDA

View Full Version : Petrol in Thurso today?

Kiwi
01-May-10, 09:16
Does anybody know if the petrol situation in Thurso is back to normal today? Tried Pennyland filling station last night but they had none, and don't think I have enough in the tank to get through to Wick.

Thanks.

ducati
01-May-10, 09:22
I'm amazed there doesn't seem to be any media interest in the disastrous shortages we have seen recently. I can't find any mention in news or on other forums. Anyone else?

gleeber
01-May-10, 09:30
Pennyland got fuel late last night. Better be quick.

Kiwi
01-May-10, 09:31
Pennyland got fuel late last night. Better be quick.

Ok, thanks for that :)

golach
01-May-10, 09:41
In my younger days I seem to remember that road fuel was delivered to Scrabster by a coastal tanker, why not now?
My uncle Hector worked at the Oil Depot in Scrabster for many years, and used to tell me, he had a beeg ship coming the next day, I never told him it was a peedie thing and I had sailed in much bigger tankers.

seadog
01-May-10, 15:05
In my younger days I seem to remember that road fuel was delivered to Scrabster by a coastal tanker, why not now?
My uncle Hector worked at the Oil Depot in Scrabster for many years, and used to tell me, he had a beeg ship coming the next day, I never told him it was a peedie thing and I had sailed in much bigger tankers.

Fuel still comes into Scrabster by tanker but it is now through Simpson and not sure if the ESSO outlets get their fuel from them. I did see an ESSO troad tanker at Pennyland late yesterday evening.

The tanker that Simpson charters was to dry-dock about 2-3 weeks ago so this may be part of the reason why there was a shortage of supply.

Simpson did run out of fuel a couple of times earlier this year.

And Golach, it was only peedie tankers you were on!!! lol[lol]

series2A
01-May-10, 20:14
Fuel still comes into Scrabster by tanker but it is now through Simpson and not sure if the ESSO outlets get their fuel from them. I did see an ESSO troad tanker at Pennyland late yesterday evening.

Think they get it from Scottish fuels depot Inverness

Dadie
01-May-10, 20:19
Watten ran out of diesel today... they should have had a delivery yesterday which didnt arrive!

Stack Rock
01-May-10, 21:00
I beleive all fuel supplies for filling stations comes up by road tanker these days. Deliveries by boat to Simpsons, Scrabster & Wick harbour depots are mostly red diesel for heating, tractors and boat bunkers.

golach
01-May-10, 23:10

The tanker that Simpson charters was to dry-dock about 2-3 weeks ago so this may be part of the reason why there was a shortage of supply.

Simpson did run out of fuel a couple of times earlier this year.

Thanks for that info Seadog, but I was pre VLCC tankers, I was in the MN when they were needing them no just feeding them [lol]

wifie
01-May-10, 23:35
I never told him it was a peedie thing and I had sailed in much bigger tankers.

:eek: Tanker envy!!!