PDA

View Full Version : High price of fuel

sandyr1
29-Apr-10, 20:58
Was just reading MSN.uk and they were discussing how the price of fuel is increasing.....
I don't mean to 'stir it', but we are at $1.00 a litre, and the United States average is $3.00 per gallon...
Just checked and $1.00 Can is 63 pence UK. It seems that we are about half your fuel price......Has anyone got to the bottom of it, or is it just pure and simple taxes to the Gov't?/// Over 2 U......

celtic1888
29-Apr-10, 21:07
well a heard on the news tonight that there was fuel leaks around america.. 4 leaks along a 100 mile pipe, not sure if thats it or not...
they are losing 3000litres a minute

theone
29-Apr-10, 22:54
Was just reading MSN.uk and they were discussing how the price of fuel is increasing.....
I don't mean to 'stir it', but we are at $1.00 a litre, and the United States average is $3.00 per gallon...
Just checked and $1.00 Can is 63 pence UK. It seems that we are about half your fuel price......Has anyone got to the bottom of it, or is it just pure and simple taxes to the Gov't?/// Over 2 U......

Yes, taxes are the difference.

HOWEVER

What a lot of Brits complaining about the fuel price don't realise is that the tax is a fixed price per litre, not a percentage of the price.

The government take 57p or so (don't shoot me if the exact figure is wrong) per litre of unleaded.

That hasn't changed since the petrol price was £1 a litre - 20% less.

Despite the oil price being half that of a few years ago, fuel price has risen.

Many blame the politicians, but the fact is it's the oil companies that are creaming the extra money at the moment.

scorrie
29-Apr-10, 23:08
Anyone finding Fuel prices a bit steep could consider trying Petrol Direct:-

http://www.petroldirect.com/index.htm

Here are some of the comments left by "Customers"

" * I can't believe how cheap they are - I ordered thirty litres of super unleaded and it was there, next day, left on my doorstep in 2 litre plastic bottles.

* They've certainly cornered the market in high-performance fuels. They even sell petrol with NOx already in it which saves on the costs of an expensive conversion.

* If you don't mind driving slowly, the Ultra Low Cost Value Unleaded is amazingly cheap.

* At last a company that understands the importance of real lead in petrol.. and lots of it!
* They're not just a pile-it-high and sell-it-cheap merchant, it seems that they are working with partners to develop a lot of environmentally friendly fuels, plus some really advanced stuff for the future.

* I think it's shocking - sending petrol is the post is incredibly dangerous!"

ducati
30-Apr-10, 00:33

I think the Mercins keep invading middle eastern countrys so the supply is quite good :eek:

Boozeburglar
30-Apr-10, 00:50
I think it works out as about 1.5 times the US price.

On the whole we drive much more efficient vehicles, so the difference is not so huge in real terms.

:)

sandyr1
30-Apr-10, 01:07
well a heard on the news tonight that there was fuel leaks around america.. 4 leaks along a 100 mile pipe, not sure if thats it or not...
they are losing 3000litres a minute

Perhaps you are thinking of the huge oil rig fire and spill in the Gulf of Mexico. Now they say that it's 100 miles by 50 miles of pure oil. Very sad/ and no one knows what to do......so far!
BP is the owner and it would appear that they hid the extent of the losses....Aghhh......

sandyr1
30-Apr-10, 01:59
Sorry/ didn't think the other link was active/ please disregard....s