PDA

View Full Version : After Jail Party?

Tubthumper
29-Apr-10, 19:15
Is it right that people should throw a party to celebrate the return of someone from jail, after being sentenced for a serious offence involving harm to an innocent person? :confused

ducati
29-Apr-10, 19:24
Is it right that people should throw a party to celebrate the return of someone from jail, after being sentenced for a serious offence involving harm to an innocent person? :confused

I suppose it depends on whether you believe in rehabilitation/served time/paid debt etc.

Personally, I would want to keep a low profile for a bit.

Are you referring to a specific instance?

unicorn
29-Apr-10, 19:25
I suppose we live in a society that involves the ability to have freedom to do what you want within reason.

equusdriving
29-Apr-10, 19:29
Probably seems in very bad taste to victim/victims family/friends
But i would think that the perpatrator's family/friends would have missed them ,be pleased to see them and glad they are home and may wrongly or rightly believe they were innocent or that they had paid the price in prison for the crime.
So i think its a tricky one to call either way

The Drunken Duck
29-Apr-10, 19:58

No, in my view. Its something to be ashamed of, not proud of. What's to celebrate about getting out of Prison ??, its not like you are going to crow about it on your CV.

Bazeye
29-Apr-10, 21:03
Should throw a party when they get sent down not when they come out. IMO.

fred
29-Apr-10, 21:43
Don't see how it would be anybody's business but their own what they do.

upolian
29-Apr-10, 22:16
Are you talking about a specific person that im thinking of?if so the sentence wasnt long enough and no they shouldnt be throwing a party,if your not talking about who i think you are ignore my comment lol

Sniperama
29-Apr-10, 22:24
it is another way for criminals to intimidate the local comunity :@

Tubthumper
29-Apr-10, 23:07
Criminal, that's an interesting word.
I always thought that some kind of remorse was in order before release from jail, and that a slow and gentle intergration back into the community, taking account of the feelings of those involved and trying to ensure that one 'had done the time' and was 'sorry'. Being feted as a returning hero would be a bit much to swallow though, don't you think?
Some folk in our community have very short memories, or maybe they just don't give a damn.

sweetpea
29-Apr-10, 23:32
What a tricky question, without knowing the full story because I'm not sure what the 'harm' was to another person? I guess it is bad taste to have a party but I'd also guess probably the person getting out of jail didn't have a say in it.
It's hard to know what people feel and think and I always wonder what is meant by showing remorse. I've done things I'm not proud of and have felt bad to the point of torment but to the outsider they might not think so, but inside it consumed me.

horseman
30-Apr-10, 00:04
When my son Adam got out of young offenders nick !!!!!!!!
We had a hell of a a big -family only -party.--An we picked him up at the gate.. An we never missed a single visiting day when he was in there.
He done his crime, an he done his time!
He's a lovely lad now!!!!!!
Doe's work some times.

Bazeye
30-Apr-10, 14:28
When my son Adam got out of young offenders nick !!!!!!!!
We had a hell of a a big -family only -party.--An we picked him up at the gate.. An we never missed a single visiting day when he was in there.
He done his crime, an he done his time!
He's a lovely lad now!!!!!!
Doe's work some times.

Overflowing wheelie bin or being in possession of a Swiss Army knife?
Seriously though if he's learnt his lesson then fair play to the lad, just a pity more offenders dont see the error of their ways.