PDA

View Full Version : stroma

Billy Boy
03-Jun-06, 18:43
does anyone know if you can go on day trips to stroma?
tried searching the stroma homepage but could only find information regarding boat trips around it and just wondered if you can actually go on a day trip onto the island.

changilass
03-Jun-06, 18:44
tried searching the stroma homepage but could only find information regarding boat trips around it and just wondered if you can actually go on a day trip onto the island.

I have no idea, but if you can I would definately be interested

connieb19
03-Jun-06, 18:53
It depends on the weather but they usually go on a Saturday or Sunday. James Simpson at Gills has the boat. Sorry i don't know the number.

Billy Boy
03-Jun-06, 18:58
cheers lol, shouldnt be hard to find out, thanks

erli
03-Jun-06, 18:59
We used to do this in our pub a few years ago now. About thirty of us would go for a day and have football, rounders etc. Then a bar-b-que and a few beers. It was a great day out.

connieb19
03-Jun-06, 19:00
What a good idea for an orgers outing...:Razz

Rheghead
03-Jun-06, 19:19
He will take 8 persons over for £15 each.

krieve
03-Jun-06, 19:20
What a great idea connie !!!!

changilass
03-Jun-06, 20:05

You can definately put my name down for that one

SandTiger
03-Jun-06, 20:15
We would be happy to take parties of 12 at a time, over and back, and/or run a relay service should needs require :cool:

angela5
03-Jun-06, 20:21

Ask teuchter, i'm sure nellie goes over quite a lot. I have'nt made it over yet but there's a dram waiting for me i believe.:lol:

teuchter
03-Jun-06, 20:35
I think i'm probably due you more than 1 by now. And on another subject, how much did that green blob cost you?Wheres the bad rep button?lol

angela5
03-Jun-06, 20:39
I think i'm probably due you more than 1 by now. And on another subject, how much did that green blob cost you?Wheres the bad rep button?lol

2 bottles of stella.;)
Dinna worry i ken where the bad rep button is too.:lol:

teuchter
03-Jun-06, 20:42
Only 2 bottles of Stella? I would say that makes you a cheap date but im scared of the second comment you made. Ill see you at the bar then.

Astra
03-Jun-06, 22:53
Quote connie 19]

Yes and the ones we fall out with we can leave them ... lol

darkie@dreamtilt.com.au
04-Jun-06, 06:46
What a good idea for an orgers outing...:RazzIf you do get everyone on the trip,make sure some of them take a camera,would like to see some faces from the Org

badger
04-Jun-06, 16:14
Don't go if you're a bad sailor. I went with some friends in Jimmy Simpson's boat once and the weather changed while we were on the island so we had to return earlier than planned. Got quite exciting mid-channel and very wet :eek: . Definitely worth it though, it's an amazing place although all the deserted houses are rather sad.

Chillie
04-Jun-06, 16:21
Yes and the ones we fall out with we can leave them ... lol

What a good idea astra.[disgust]

mccaugm
04-Jun-06, 18:04
Does anyone know when the next Stroma gathering is?
My husbands family used to live on the island when it was still habited many moons ago.

angela5
04-Jun-06, 22:28

Caithness.org's very own love island would be funny.:lol:

connieb19
04-Jun-06, 22:32
Caithness.org's very own love island would be funny.:lol:The phone box could be the love shack..:evil

angela5
04-Jun-06, 22:33
The phone box could be the love shack..:evil

Who's the first lot to go on the love island?

connieb19
04-Jun-06, 22:38
Who's the first lot to go on the love island?I've got my bikini ready!!!:eek:

angela5
04-Jun-06, 22:41
I've got my hat, gloves and scarf ready, bit breezy over there.:lol:

connieb19
04-Jun-06, 22:45
I've got my hat, gloves and scarf ready, bit breezy over there.:lol:Maybe Bigjuggs will take his electric bed over ..lol:eek:

angela5
04-Jun-06, 22:47
Maybe Bigjuggs will take his electric bed over ..lol:eek:

Bigjuggs????:confused

connieb19
04-Jun-06, 22:49
Bigjuggs????:confusedYeah, he's the bloke on the other thread who stands on the plug when he gets out of bed..:confused

angela5
04-Jun-06, 22:52
Yeah, he's the bloke on the other thread who stands on the plug when he gets out of bed..:confused

Haha, was just reading that....plug-bed!!:lol:

Cedric Farthsbottom III
05-Jun-06, 00:58
Stroma,to me through stories told to me in ma ages in Caithness are varied from a community used to live there to it being the new Alcatraz.Forget the conspiracy theories,what is the real truth?

Chillie
05-Jun-06, 01:57
Stroma,to me through stories told to me in ma ages in Caithness are varied from a community used to live there to it being the new Alcatraz.Forget the conspiracy theories,what is the real truth?

It is an old abbandond Island a bit like StKilda, if you go to the Photo section Reghead has posted some photos he took when he was over there,all very interesting.

tisme
05-Jun-06, 09:19
He will take 8 persons over for £15 each.

Could you please give me his number. I am home in a fortnight and am planning to go across to Stroma, weather permitting. Cheers

scorrie
05-Jun-06, 23:16
Caithness.org's very own love island would be funny.:lol:

It couldn't happen. Too much Anti-Stromasexual feeling on the boards ;o)

katarina
06-Jun-06, 20:14

Have sent you a pm. Wm. simpson will take you over. Trips are usually on a sat or sunday, and you can have several hours on the island.