PDA

View Full Version : Afghanistan Explained in One Picture.

The Drunken Duck
28-Apr-10, 13:30
This is a genuine slide from a US Military Briefing .. :eek: .. :lol:

If anyone works it out .. can they let me know what it is trying to say !!

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/231/091203engelbig9a.jpg

katarina
28-Apr-10, 13:38
sorry don't have the time or the inclination

Gronnuck
28-Apr-10, 13:47
It appears to be only version 3 of a working draft. By the time they they sort out this mind map and produce the final draft we'll have lost another few hundred NATO troops and hundred of thousands of Afghanies :~(

Anfield
28-Apr-10, 14:39
It looks like Rafa Benitez's tactics for our match tomorrow.

Kenn
28-Apr-10, 14:53
It's a pie chart with all the ingredients minced!

ducati
28-Apr-10, 14:59
If that's a slide, then presumably, someone with a pointy stick explains it :eek:

Anfield
28-Apr-10, 16:04
I bet George Bush understands it!

Phill
28-Apr-10, 22:14
http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/yy337/Phill_Rawlins/itsalljustrandom/v2.jpg

horseman
28-Apr-10, 22:33
It looks like Rafa Benitez's tactics for our match tomorrow.

Nice one Anfield, an I bet he still comes unstuck.;)

upolian
28-Apr-10, 23:27
http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/yy337/Phill_Rawlins/itsalljustrandom/v2.jpg

Plus rep for that!

Anfield
28-Apr-10, 23:32
Nice one Anfield, an I bet he still comes unstuck.;)

We will, we have no forwards who are fit.
Did you know that (before they beat us last week) that A/Madrid had previously only won one game to get this far? They are masters at playing for draws away from home

horseman
28-Apr-10, 23:52
I'll be watching all the same an cheering the lads on,much to wifes annoyance--shut up- the neighbours will hear you!! I have to put up with their little uns all day competing with each other at being the loudest!.My turn now.:)

Anfield
29-Apr-10, 00:03
I'll be watching all the same an cheering the lads on,much to wifes annoyance--shut up- the neighbours will hear you!! I have to put up with their little uns all day competing with each other at being the loudest!.My turn now.:)

Have to quieten down otherwise thread will be moved to the graveyard, i.e.sports

Kevin Milkins
29-Apr-10, 00:12
This is a genuine slide from a US Military Briefing .. :eek: ..

If anyone works it out .. can they let me know what it is trying to say !!

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/231/091203engelbig9a.jpg

Looks pretty straight forward to me, which bit do you not understand?;)

dafi
29-Apr-10, 00:16
Any chance of you reposting the diagram in a 800 or 1275 format so it can be viewed with out panning about the page drunken duck.

Tubthumper
29-Apr-10, 00:25
A mind-map that shows someone has taken time to identify and try to explain all the factors that influence the nasty little spat in the 'stan. Right back as far as Sun Tzu it's been known that 'knowing your enemy' is key in winning the war - If the enemy is failure, and the war is against the forces of the anti-democratic world, it's nice to know that time has been spent picking out the key components of that enemy: All we need now is to figure out what the war is really about, then make sure enough time & resources are apportioned to allow each little segment to be addressed in a meaningful way.
I don't, however, see the UK mentioned specifically, or much in the way of engendering popular support in the coalition homelands.
We (as in us) will win in the end; I don't know whether anyone will realise or care much, though. But I really wish I could lick the pay cheque of the consultant that put that picture together.:lol:

Aaldtimer
29-Apr-10, 03:19
Tubs..."We (as in us) will win in the end"...well that'll be a first!:confused

No-ones ever "won" in Afghanistan!

Except the Afghanis.:~(

Tubthumper
29-Apr-10, 07:34
Ah, AT but no-one will ever admit to having lost, will they? And what about the real-life events depicted in 'Carry On Up The Khyber', eh? We won that one.
Anyway, even when we withdraw there's a hope that having exposed the stone-age culture to the real world (for what its worth!) some of the good bits will stick. Anyway, as a means of placing the honourable profession of arms firmly back in the limelight and encouraging the concept of 'service not self', Afghanistan and Iraq I & II have fairly worked. They've moved our forces from being understaffed, stale, poorly equipped, badly motivated, green, fat and drunk to being more like a real deterrent force.
To be used in peacekeeping missions in africa next perhaps?