PDA

View Full Version : did u know

sadam
28-Apr-10, 10:36
That if you move house it will cost £20 to change your address on your driving licence plus its an offence to have wrong address details on it.

rob1
28-Apr-10, 10:44
No, it's free. It only costs £20 if you change your photo.
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/DriverLicensing/NeedANewOrUpdatedLicence/DG_4022089

DeHaviLand
28-Apr-10, 10:49
That if you move house it will cost £20 to change your address on your driving licence plus its an offence to have wrong address details on it.

Theres a way to avoid paying it though. Drive to Glasgow, commit a moving traffic offence right in front of a police traffic car. Plead guilty by letter when your case comes up, and post your licence off to Swansea to get your penalty points added. Add your change address at the same time, and you've saved £20. How easy can it be, hope it helps ;)

DeHaviLand
28-Apr-10, 10:55
No, it's free. It only costs £20 if you change your photo.
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/DriverLicensing/NeedANewOrUpdatedLicence/DG_4022089

And you have to change your photo every 10 years. With some 34,000,000 licence holders in the UK, thats a nice little earner. Tax by any other name!

rob1
28-Apr-10, 11:15
And you have to change your photo every 10 years. With some 34,000,000 licence holders in the UK, thats a nice little earner. Tax by any other name!

good point. i have just reached for my wallet and pulled out licence and yes come august I will have to change my photo. Thanks for the reminder!

shazzy
28-Apr-10, 11:44
good point. i have just reached for my wallet and pulled out licence and yes come august I will have to change my photo. Thanks for the reminder!
don't worry,they very kindly send you a reminder with a note of what will happen if you don't do it immediately.Don't tell you when you get the photo card that you have to pay to get it renewed when you don't with the old type.

simpsoney
28-Apr-10, 11:50
Yes i had to do this in march. The photo expires every 10 years and there is a fee of £20 when you renew it!

Bazeye
28-Apr-10, 22:14

Or just use Botox.

Rictina
28-Apr-10, 22:19
Yes its free for change of address.

horseman
28-Apr-10, 22:30
I just changed my one from the paper one to photo, last year. Easier to use in the usa, so I will no have to worry about it for a while yet.