PDA

View Full Version : Curry Evening

Julia
28-Apr-10, 09:20
Just a reminder that the Org curry evening is on again tomorrow night (Thursday 29th), 8pm in Spoons, all/anyone/everyone welcome :)

bekisman
28-Apr-10, 11:18
Just a reminder that the Org curry evening is on again tomorrow night (Thursday 29th), 8pm in Spoons, all/anyone/everyone welcome :)

Been in there a few times on Org curry nights, and often wondered, if 'that lot over there' were Orgers, is there a regular place you sit, or do you wear a red carnation, or a special wave or something? 'might' build up courage and say 'hello...

Julia
28-Apr-10, 12:27
That would be great, we'd love you to come along, we usually sit just to the left of the door. That's a very good point you have made, we should have something on the table to make us more noticeable, any suggestions?

Been in there a few times on Org curry nights, and often wondered, if 'that lot over there' were Orgers, is there a regular place you sit, or do you wear a red carnation, or a special wave or something? 'might' build up courage and say 'hello...

NickInTheNorth
28-Apr-10, 12:30
we should have something on the table to make us more noticeable, any suggestions?

A laptop with a browser showing caithness.org of course :D

wifie
28-Apr-10, 16:29
'might' build up courage and say 'hello...

Go for it bekisman! You will have a laugh! Don't come back and shout at me tho if you don't! ;)

That's a very good point you have made, we should have something on the table to make us more noticeable, any suggestions?

Hahaha! Are you serious, Julia? Surely you would spoil the fun of the surmiser! [lol]

Bazeye
28-Apr-10, 16:36
Cant someone knock some T shirts up, not just for the curry night but just for bodding around town in as well. If I seen somebody wearing one Id say hello.

Kodiak
28-Apr-10, 17:17
The question I would like to ask is why always a "Curry" night. Why not a Chinese or something esle, like a Steak Night.

I can not be the only person who hates Curry, even the smell of it makes me go OOOO no.

So why not alternate the nights out for different venues and tastes. You never know you might just get some new faces.

ducati
28-Apr-10, 19:38
The question I would like to ask is why always a "Curry" night. Why not a Chinese or something esle, like a Steak Night.

I can not be the only person who hates Curry, even the smell of it makes me go OOOO no.

So why not alternate the nights out for different venues and tastes. You never know you might just get some new faces.

I don't think you have to have curry :eek:

Julia
28-Apr-10, 19:44
No need to have curry, it's just called curry night as that's the special that's on in Spoons on a Thursday, there's an entire menu and bar to choose from so the curry is completely optional. ;)

Kodiak
28-Apr-10, 21:13
No need to have curry, it's just called curry night as that's the special that's on in Spoons on a Thursday, there's an entire menu and bar to choose from so the curry is completely optional. ;)

Sorry I do not think I explained fully. It is the Aroma of Curry that I can not stand as well as the eating of Curry.

So if I was near anyone who was eating a Curry I would be Violently Ill. So although it is not a requirement to have a Curry I could not be there as Curry is eaten by others.

OH well such is life I suppose. :(

unicorn
28-Apr-10, 21:17
You could always arrange your own night out in town Kodiak :D

Blarney
28-Apr-10, 22:15
Kodiak it's a good job you live in Caithness then and not Calcutta isn't it!! [lol]

horseman
28-Apr-10, 22:23
Kodiak it's a good job you live in Caithness then and not Calcutta isn't it!! [lol]

There is ever someone there to trip you up Kodiak.:)

sweetpea
28-Apr-10, 23:34

I'm going on a curry night but not with the orgers! if I recognise you I will say hello;)

greener
29-Apr-10, 00:35
When I worked out in the USA as a Jack, the native Indians would often serve up curried Bear, by gum it was tasty.

Kevin Milkins
29-Apr-10, 09:00
Looking forward to my monthly ration.:Razz

wifie
29-Apr-10, 09:56
Looking forward to my monthly ration.:Razz

Aye, but what about the curry! :lol: