PDA

View Full Version : T in the park info

elastic band
27-Apr-10, 21:01
Hi orgers,

my son is going to above festival for the first time with some friends and i wondered if anyone has any advice, hints, tips etc to help him and them. First trip without parents and Mrs Mo is having kittens already.

thanks in advance

Connor.
27-Apr-10, 21:25
Those half naked old guys who look like they're being possessed, dont talk to them.

If they are old enough to drink or even if they are not. Any drinks they have, DO NOT set them down anywhere, keep them in hand. If you have to put it down, make sure a friend is watching.

other than that have a scan through this survival guide:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/collective/A2764307

ducati
27-Apr-10, 21:30
Pretend that he is going to spend a weekend in a field with 30,000 drunk weegies. oh, haud on [lol]

Bazeye
27-Apr-10, 21:59
My nephews looked after me at Glastonbury last year, the same ones who I went with to keep an eye on. ;)

Dadie
27-Apr-10, 22:03
Take stuff that can be binned!
Cheap tent, sleeping bags, clothes etc!
If its wet and muddy it wont be worth saving when you get it home.
Take loo roll.

ShelleyCowie
27-Apr-10, 22:17
Iv never been to T in the park, i have a horrible phobia about hygiene. People who dont wash hands, sharing showers and toilets with people i dont know and all that. But a mate of mine said that the cleaning standards were excellent (still would never go though)

But i agree with dadie, disposable things are excellent. Cheap tent, fishing stools, sleeping bags, plastic bowls and cups. Go down with what you need, come back with basically nothing!

Wellies are a must from what i have seen in pictures. The mud can get bad if its been raining alot.

also another thing, buy a super cheap mobile phone from tesco and top it up. do not take an expensive phone! Its not worth it breaking or loosing! Im sure you can get a phone for about £20. Same with a camera, buy a cheap/disposible one so the expensive one doesnt get broken!

But relax...he will be fine! :Razz

Bazeye
28-Apr-10, 22:25
Antiseptic handwash and plenty of cans.

elastic band
28-Apr-10, 23:05
hi folks,

thanks for tips and info so far -his mum has stocked up on loo rolls, hygiene wipes, handwash, bin bags, plastic crockery and cutlery, and is now trying to persuade me to book accommodation nearby "just in case he needs us" !!!!!

Connor.
28-Apr-10, 23:18
Most of these things don't allow glass in the park. So any drinks in glass bottles, any smellies that are in glass things, sort that out. I ended up losing £30 bottle of aftershave(NEW!) cos of it.

Bazeye
29-Apr-10, 20:25
Most of these things don't allow glass in the park. So any drinks in glass bottles, any smellies that are in glass things, sort that out. I ended up losing £30 bottle of aftershave(NEW!) cos of it.

Thats why Glastonburys better. You can take your own drinks into the arena, just fill your backpack with cans and off you go for the day. They also allow you to light fires in the camping area and even supply the wood. Apart from the ticket and transport last year I didnt spend a penny while i was there.