PDA

View Full Version : Phsycic lady at Groats

starlight express
27-Apr-10, 20:47
Any one been to the phsycic lady at Groats, myself and a friend would like to go but were wondering how good she was?

elastic band
27-Apr-10, 20:55
hi there,
i went a couple of years ago with some friends from work and found she was very good. She is lovely and really makes you feel welcome and at ease. Lots of things she said were spot on whilst others didn't mean much, but on the whole she was very, very accurate and willing to explain anything when asked. We made a day of it and had lunch out etc. as with all things like this we just viewed it as a bit of fun really.

purplelady
27-Apr-10, 22:13
does anyone know her number as a couple of pals and myself want to go x

onecalledk
27-Apr-10, 23:06
http://www.lighthouse-readings.co.uk/

will give you all the details you need to contact Christine. Am going to see her very soon ....

K

RecQuery
28-Apr-10, 08:08
I really don't want to crap on anyones beliefs but shes probably cold reading (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_reading), maybe even some hot reading (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot_reading) if she knows names beforehand.

hardcore superstar
28-Apr-10, 09:17
I went a few years ago. She seemed like a very nice lady but my reading was rubbish. Maybe she was having an off day ...

Thumper
28-Apr-10, 09:22
Christine certainly isnt a fake! She is the most amazing person I know and I certainly trust her readings,when I went to see her the first time I was cynical but the moment she shook my hand she said the name of the person that was causing me so much problems and then went on to tell me all about them and what would happen next-every single bit came true,I have had several readings since then and they have also been very accurate so what i say is dont judge until you have tried it yourself,yes there are lots of fakes out there,but Christine isnt one of them! x

BRIE
28-Apr-10, 10:23
I really don't want to crap on anyones beliefs but shes probably cold reading (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_reading), maybe even some hot reading (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot_reading) if she knows names beforehand.

im always a bit sceptical when i go but im with Thumper on this one, Christine is fantastic!!
I went to see here for the first time 4 years ago & was absolutely amazed! She didnt ask me any questions yet was able to acurately tell me that my sister had cancer along with all the minute details & also told me she was going to be fine! even thought at that time things didnt look good for her.
She was also able to describe each of my childrens personalities which were spot on too.
Im now been to see her 3 times & will definately be going again:D

katarina
28-Apr-10, 13:54

I think we know all about cold reading and hot reading. there have definately been enough said on this site for us all to be aware of how it works. I am very aware and watch for the signs. the first time I went to Christine I was sceptical, but she made the hair stand on the back of my neck with her accuracy. there were a few things that didn't make sense to me and still doesn't, but on the whole I would say she was 90 per cent accurate. As for hot reading, she did not have my name, I went in place of some one else who had made the appointment. cold reading? she did not look at me and spoke quickly and without thinking. she asked very few questions if any. She is very good. Maria from watten is also very good, and i have heard there is some one else in Dunnet who is also very good.
I just wish all those disbelievers would go themselves first before they enter into the discussion.
having said that, i have a friend who went to christine and was very disappointed by her reading. Everything she said was off, yet she still charged her full price - I must say i think if she couldn't get anything, she should have not have taken the money.

ducati
28-Apr-10, 14:13
I think we know all about cold reading and hot reading. there have definately been enough said on this site for us all to be aware of how it works. I am very aware and watch for the signs. the first time I went to Christine I was sceptical, but she made the hair stand on the back of my neck with her accuracy. there were a few things that didn't make sense to me and still doesn't, but on the whole I would say she was 90 per cent accurate. As for hot reading, she did not have my name, I went in place of some one else who had made the appointment. cold reading? she did not look at me and spoke quickly and without thinking. she asked very few questions if any. She is very good. Maria from watten is also very good, and i have heard there is some one else in Dunnet who is also very good.
I just wish all those disbelievers would go themselves first before they enter into the discussion.
having said that, i have a friend who went to christine and was very disappointed by her reading. Everything she said was off, yet she still charged her full price - I must say i think if she couldn't get anything, she should have not have taken the money.

You cannot expect a self employed person to work for nothing :eek:

Mr P Cannop
28-Apr-10, 14:31
does anyone else do this eg wattan ??

RecQuery
28-Apr-10, 15:01
Cold/warm/hot reading is not something some people do with there being real psychics out there. Its what they all do whether consciously or not; there is no such thing as psychic ability.

There exists the James Randi prize (http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/1m-challenge.html) an account with one millions dollars sitting in it for anyone who can demonstrate any supernatural ability under observable/lab conditions. To this date no one has won it including a large amount of psychics, even if someone didn't want the money themselves, I'm sure many 'psychics' could think of worthy charities.

3of8
28-Apr-10, 15:22
Cold/warm/hot reading is not something some people do with there being real psychics out there. Its what they all do whether consciously or not; there is no such thing as psychic ability.

There exists the James Randi prize (http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/1m-challenge.html) an account with one millions dollars sitting in it for anyone who can demonstrate any supernatural ability under observable/lab conditions. To this date no one has won it including a large amount of psychics, even if someone didn't want the money themselves, I'm sure many 'psychics' could think of worthy charities.
Don't flatter yourself - you are crapping on no-one's beliefs except your own self-delusional holier-than-thou-and-I-know-better-than-you self belief. My word, you must have an abundance of it.

If you have the ability to log on and make a comment, you will also have the ability to do a simple search to see that your peurile comments about hot and cold reading and James Randi et al have ben discussed on this org by minds that are far worthier than yours. You are saying nothing new.

Has it not been grasped by your obviously deeply enquiring mind that Randi and his 'promise' could actually be a load of BS. That he could deny everything that is offered to him because i) he wouldn't like to admit being wrong; ii) he won't necessarily want to part with the money; and iii) when he finally shuffles off this mortal coil he will have a shed load of people waiting for him on the other side and telling him what an arse he was (and he knows it)?

Can you prove that there is nothing? Truly prove it? As in actual evidence? Or are you just going to delve into wiki and pull up old quotes and cliches? Go and see a medium. You might be surprised.

ducati
28-Apr-10, 15:25
Don't flatter yourself - you are crapping on no-one's beliefs except your own self-delusional holier-than-thou-and-I-know-better-than-you self belief. My word, you must have an abundance of it.

If you have the ability to log on and make a comment, you will also have the ability to do a simple search to see that your peurile comments about hot and cold reading and James Randi et al have ben discussed on this org by minds that are far worthier than yours. You are saying nothing new.

Has it not been grasped by your obviously deeply enquiring mind that Randi and his 'promise' could actually be a load of BS. That he could deny everything that is offered to him because i) he wouldn't like to admit being wrong; ii) he won't necessarily want to part with the money; and iii) when he finally shuffles off this mortal coil he will have a shed load of people waiting for him on the other side and telling him what an arse he was (and he knows it)?

Can you prove that there is nothing? Truly prove it? As in actual evidence? Or are you just going to delve into wiki and pull up old quotes and cliches? Go and see a medium. You might be surprised.

I think the onus of proof would need to be the other way :eek:

3of8
28-Apr-10, 15:40
I think the onus of proof would need to be the other way :eek:
Maybe, duc. But proof is constantly given. From the major well known mediums to the less well known ones who have existed for years. When it is given we're told that it's cold-reading or hot-reading. If that's the case, I'm amazed that these people are not all pulling in a fortune ripping people off. I constantly look for evidence against psychics and mediums. I'm glad that the internet is around because a simple online chat facility with one of them where the he/she cannot see you to guage your reactions and where you only answer yes or no to statements is astounding. In fact it's hair-raising. I am told things about what has happened. I'm not asked questions. The fact that they are perfectly correct with names places and even the cause of death of people never ceases to amaze me. I would like to see a cold reader such as Derren Brown give me information in that way.

There will always be naysayers and deniers who think they are right. They refuse to believe. That's their prerogative. As it is my prerogative to believe. But why must they tell me I am wrong?

RecQuery
28-Apr-10, 16:10

Gee I seem to have upset someones world. Okay my bad for not searching for previous threads. My concern is all this was debunked years ago and yet its creeping back into society. A great many or the Randi hopefuls were videoed, some of the tests took place on live TV. Also its rather difficult to prove a negative/provide negative evidence. Its a logical fallacy actually.

onecalledk
28-Apr-10, 16:19
it was maybe "debunked" by society but society does NOT have all the answers. There is a lot of misunderstood stuff out there and stuff that science has not proved YET.

It never fails to astound me the arguments that start on this board when someone announces that they are going to see a medium.

As I have said in previous posts there will ALWAYS be two camps , those who believe and those who dont. Those who dont always seem to be the ones shouting the loudest thought that those who do are wrong.

Has it occurred to anyone that BOTH camps are correct at the same time?

We all have our own truth and walk our own paths. We CANNOT state that someone elses truth is not true!

Its is very ego driven to state on a board (or anywhere else for that matter) that someone that has not been proven EITHER WAY is categorically not true.

RecQuery if your truth is that mediums deceive people then so be it. But to come on a board and state categorically people are wrong is extremely arrogant.

Those who know that a medium has given correct and meaningful information KNOW. They dont have to shout about it.Yet those who have never gone to a medium and have never had anything confirmed to them shout its all false.

REmember centuries ago when we all thought the world was flat and we could fall off .... turned out it was false and the world is round ......

We are ALL capable of amazing things, the human mind is not fully used or understood. Until it is then perhaps swords should be put away and not drawn for battle ......

K

ducati
28-Apr-10, 16:36
Maybe, duc. But proof is constantly given. From the major well known mediums to the less well known ones who have existed for years. When it is given we're told that it's cold-reading or hot-reading. If that's the case, I'm amazed that these people are not all pulling in a fortune ripping people off. I constantly look for evidence against psychics and mediums. I'm glad that the internet is around because a simple online chat facility with one of them where the he/she cannot see you to guage your reactions and where you only answer yes or no to statements is astounding. In fact it's hair-raising. I am told things about what has happened. I'm not asked questions. The fact that they are perfectly correct with names places and even the cause of death of people never ceases to amaze me. I would like to see a cold reader such as Derren Brown give me information in that way.

There will always be naysayers and deniers who think they are right. They refuse to believe. That's their prerogative. As it is my prerogative to believe. But why must they tell me I am wrong?

Well I have an open mind, I read Doris Stokes's book, Little Voices? a few years back and found it very uplifting.

NorthernValeting
28-Apr-10, 16:38
I thought she was brilliant, went to the one just outside Watten aswell. The lady in Watten got some stuff right but every thing the lady in John O' Groats said was spot on

Scarybiscuits03
28-Apr-10, 16:46
I thought she was brilliant, went to the one just outside Watten aswell. The lady in Watten got some stuff right but every thing the lady in John O' Groats said was spot on

I was the opposite, the lady in JOG never got anything right about me, couldna even tell I had a kid (which is the most important thing in my life), instead she kept insisting Id had a child that died - I was glad to get home and fine all was well!!
The lady in Watten however got everything spot on, could tell I was ill, that I was gonna have a little girl within 18 months and so far most things in her reading have come true - I'll just have to wait and hope for the rest!!

NorthernValeting
28-Apr-10, 16:48
Funny you should say that about the telling you that you had a child that died as she also told my sister the same thing while she was pregnant so she was always worrying during her pregnancy

Mr P Cannop
28-Apr-10, 17:30

where about in watten is this lady ?? how much does she charge and how long does the session last ??

NorthernValeting
28-Apr-10, 20:59
I cant remember exactly where is is but I remember you down down the road at the pub and continue down it for a while and then end up turning right I think and she has a little farm cottage down a single track road.

It was £15 and it lasted about half an hour, my friend was slightly longer, must have been more interesting than me :lol:.

Mr P Cannop
28-Apr-10, 21:37
I cant remember exactly where is is but I remember you down down the road at the pub and continue down it for a while and then end up turning right I think and she has a little farm cottage down a single track road.

It was £15 and it lasted about half an hour, my friend was slightly longer, must have been more interesting than me :lol:.

is that down past the water ??

tippytoes
28-Apr-10, 21:41
She's up at Quoybrae if that's any help. Turn right at mart if you're coming from watten and the track to her house is straight on at 1st bend.

sam09
29-Apr-10, 00:39
one does not have to be a medium to understand that if on the org you admit to have a belief in anything there is always someone here that will pour scorn on them. Everyone is entitled to there beliefs with out some one else ridiculing them. If some one draws comfort from their beliefs then good luck to them I say.

katarina
29-Apr-10, 09:10
Christine from JOG told me the little girl I lost in infancy was with my mother in the spirit world. She also told me there was a young man there who was the son I didn't know I had. I DID lose a baby girl in infancy. i also had a miscarriage early on in a pregnancy. (Son?)
She told me another little girl would come into the family. ~There seemed to be no hope of that - but she came - very unexpectedly. she gave me names and events from the past that were spot on. She also gave me a name i did not know - she told me to take a note of it as I would meet this person. Would you believe it - I just have! she saw me in a hospital but not to worry as everything would be fine. three months later I did end up in hospital and all was eventually well. Also some other things that are too personal to put on here.
Now you disbelievers - how could she have known that? One thing might be coincidental - but there was too much. Bear in mind also that I came in place of another unconnected person so no hot reading then. there is no way cold reading can predict the future.
the bit I don't understand is how is it that she can be so wrong with some people? one friend was told how proud she was of her daughter. she doesn't have a daughter and at her age never will. I find it all very interesting and also very confusing. Any psychics on here able to explain?

Thumper
29-Apr-10, 09:22
Christine from JOG told me the little girl I lost in infancy was with my mother in the spirit world. She also told me there was a young man there who was the son I didn't know I had. I DID lose a baby girl in infancy. i also had a miscarriage early on in a pregnancy. (Son?)
She told me another little girl would come into the family. ~There seemed to be no hope of that - but she came - very unexpectedly. she gave me names and events from the past that were spot on. She also gave me a name i did not know - she told me to take a note of it as I would meet this person. Would you believe it - I just have! she saw me in a hospital but not to worry as everything would be fine. three months later I did end up in hospital and all was eventually well. Also some other things that are too personal to put on here.
Now you disbelievers - how could she have known that? One thing might be coincidental - but there was too much. Bear in mind also that I came in place of another unconnected person so no hot reading then. there is no way cold reading can predict the future.
the bit I don't understand is how is it that she can be so wrong with some people? one friend was told how proud she was of her daughter. she doesn't have a daughter and at her age never will. I find it all very interesting and also very confusing. Any psychics on here able to explain?

I think that sometimes when there are a few of you out seeing her that things get passed over from previous readings and thats why sometime things are cofused!When I went for my first reading everything was spot on and then my pal went in and she said that everything was wrong and that she felt like most of what she was told was actually reffering back to me! I dont know,maybe it was and maybe sometimes even the spiritworld get things wrong,but from personal experience I would highly reccommend Christine as she has got me through some really tough times! x

onecalledk
29-Apr-10, 09:50

As you so rightly say as soon as the word "medium" or "psychic" is mentioned on this board people jump onto the "its all rubbish" platform. You dont need to defend why you saw Christine nor what she said. If what she said is true for you then you KNOW that she was right.

Perhaps those who are shouting "rubbish" the loudest should defend their point of view instead ?

I am not for one minute saying that ALL psychics and mediums are the real deal of course they are not. Just like someone who says their a car mechanic because they potter about with a car on the weekends is not really a mechanic..... There ARE people out there that are jumping on the bandwagon. But that detracts from the REAL people out there.

The world will never move forward if people insist on keeping their minds and hearts closed ........

We are not at a point in our human evolution just yet when we can truely know what we are capable of. One day science will catch up......

K

macbreeza
29-Apr-10, 13:24
I went to the one in Watten years ago and one thing she said came true (i would move away to study) not like thats very specific! she also said something about an auction (rubbish). anyways seeing as i was young and naive i wrote it all down and practically remembered it word for word. Then about 10 years later i went back to her with a friend and lo and behold she recited everything she had said to me 10 years previous! I admit i look young for my age and easily could have been mistaken for early 20s. She even did the auction speel again! so i think she matches a rough reading to you and some of it may be relevant. I have also been to the woman in groats years ago and nothing she said was right. I dont bother with anything like that anymore and i believe that those who do are missing something in their lives perhaps lonely etc and want something to give them hope the future is going to be good. But back in the real world you just get on with things and life is more likely to go how you want it if you actually make a concious effort to change rather that waiting for all this reading stuff to come along and just drop on your lap.

Probably lots will disagree with me but I just wanted to give my opinion!

onecalledk
29-Apr-10, 13:33
I agree with the point you make about people changing their lives consciously. Mediums do not have the answer to HOW to change your life, the only person who has all the answers to that question is ourselves. But hte pace of modern life just doesnt let us be still and listen to our own guidance very often.

We all have enormous power within ourselves to be WHOEVER we want to be. Its conditioning and circumstance that reigns in that power. An adult who was constantly told as a child that they would never amount to anything may believe that totally and the result could be that they never go after the life they want because a part of them has been conditioned to believe they cannot achieve it.

Its vital that we stop and look at ourselves and our beliefs and whether those beliefs serve us anymore. We are not our parents for example. Society, the media and our own family circumstances are a powerful neutraliser of our inner power.

The responsibility of our lives rest with us. No one can make you believe anything that you dont want to. Our beliefs create our reality. From that aspect we should be careful what thoughts we listen to .........

K

Olin
29-Apr-10, 14:28
I am sorry I haven't bothered to read this whole thread. In response to the op's comment here is some advice:

She is not a psychic

I have always been skeptical about psychics and all the nonsense they claim to be ablt to predict and channel through the deceased.

I went out to the psychic with my girlfriend and went in first.

Some things that she said to me which turned out to be completely wrong if not opposite:

I am shy and am yet to find a partner. In 2 years I will find my first girlfriend, she will be blonde and her and I will be together for years. (This being false as I had been going out with my current brown haired partner for 8 months)
My favourite toy was an action man and when I was younger I dreamed of someday joining the army. (This is also false as I was one of those boys who didn't own an action man. I Never owned a barbie before anyone says it! I also NEVER EVER dreamed of joining the army)
My Grandmother on my mother's side said she can see me and is now happy because she is reunited with her love (my deceased Grandad) and she can see me doing well in life. (Now I know my grandparents look old and aren't very active in their old age but they are certainly not dead)

These are three things that are to me shocking.

And also some people say things such as "She got some things write"

This isn't a test. If you have powers you get it right all the time. Why would she get some things wrong? Does her powers fade in and out?

DONT GO....

The Pepsi Challenge
12-May-10, 15:45
http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/breaking-edinburgh-news/Community-service-for-medium-who.6288522.jp

How apt/ ironic.

katarina
15-May-10, 15:13
I am sorry I haven't bothered to read this whole thread. In response to the op's comment here is some advice:

She is not a psychic

I have always been skeptical about psychics and all the nonsense they claim to be ablt to predict and channel through the deceased.

I went out to the psychic with my girlfriend and went in first.

Some things that she said to me which turned out to be completely wrong if not opposite:

I am shy and am yet to find a partner. In 2 years I will find my first girlfriend, she will be blonde and her and I will be together for years. (This being false as I had been going out with my current brown haired partner for 8 months)
My favourite toy was an action man and when I was younger I dreamed of someday joining the army. (This is also false as I was one of those boys who didn't own an action man. I Never owned a barbie before anyone says it! I also NEVER EVER dreamed of joining the army)
My Grandmother on my mother's side said she can see me and is now happy because she is reunited with her love (my deceased Grandad) and she can see me doing well in life. (Now I know my grandparents look old and aren't very active in their old age but they are certainly not dead)

These are three things that are to me shocking.

And also some people say things such as "She got some things write"

This isn't a test. If you have powers you get it right all the time. Why would she get some things wrong? Does her powers fade in and out?

DONT GO....

Are you talking about one of the psychics mentioned in the thread or some one else?

patsy1
15-May-10, 16:31
so when and where are the 2 people in watten and jog any dates times how much :confused

patsy1
15-May-10, 16:46
where are these people how do we contact them

sweetpea
15-May-10, 17:15
Here is her website

http://www.lighthouse-readings.co.uk/

The Pepsi Challenge
16-May-10, 01:17
http://www.channel4.com/programmes/derren-brown-investigates/4od#3070704

Interesting programme.

Boozeburglar
16-May-10, 03:41
I paid good money to go and see a cyclic.

Over and over again.

katarina
16-May-10, 18:56
whats a cyclic?