PDA

View Full Version : Cheap but decent accommodation in Inverness?

rfr10
27-Apr-10, 17:18
I was wondering if anyone would be able to help...

I know Inverness well but not the accommodation side of things! I am doing a university placement in September this year, in Inverness, and need some cheap accommodation (within walking distance from City Centre) which will allow a booking for accommodation for three months...

Cheap enough for the university to be willing to pay for it but nice enough to live in comfortably... I have been told they will not pay for a 5 star hotel! ;)

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

poppett
27-Apr-10, 18:55
Kenneth Street in Inverness is within walking distance over the swing bridge. Melrose Villa springs to mind, although all along Kenneth Street are similar establishments. With the placement starting in September you have a good chance of getting a good deal for the three months. They have a web page with all the information on and worth a phone call.

BRIE
28-Apr-10, 10:32
have you thought about renting a room in a family house? my son does this while hes at college & has a fantastic family. works out quite cheap to as breakfast & dinner & bills are all included

rfr10
28-Apr-10, 10:48
Perfect, thanks for the suggestions (including the one I received through PM)

Appreciated :)

bowline
29-Apr-10, 15:52
west end house in kenneth street which is very close to centre and it is very reasonable and lovely food

Boozeburglar
29-Apr-10, 16:36
Cedar Villa is also on Kenneth Street and I recommend it 110%. :)

Kodiak
29-Apr-10, 17:01
OOOps did not correctly so removed post