PDA

View Full Version : No Diesel at Tesco

equusdriving
27-Apr-10, 15:28
Tesco's Wick have ran out of diesel, and the staff dont know when next delivery will be , Just thought id let everyone know so they can make other arrangements

bish667
27-Apr-10, 15:50
I believe all petrol stations in Thurso are also out of Petrol and Diesel.

Was speaking to the person at pennyland petrol station and they told me that the next delivery of petrol/deisel wont be until Wednesday evening.

Invisible
27-Apr-10, 15:51
Thanks for letting me know this. Was going to go up there this evening.

Cattach
27-Apr-10, 16:47

Was speaking to the person at pennyland petrol station and they told me that the next delivery of petrol/deisel wont be until Wednesday evening.

Not true. Was at Pennyland half an hour ago and they were out of super diesel and ordinary unleaded OK.

Cattach
27-Apr-10, 16:49
Not true. Was at Pennyland half an hour ago and they were out of super diesel and ordinary unleaded OK.

Should have said out of Super but Diesel and Ordonary unleaded OK.

Tugmistress
27-Apr-10, 17:08
Should have said out of Super but Diesel and Ordonary unleaded OK.

doesn't surprise me as they are the joint dearest in the area so people will go elsewhere first, i know i do!

Leanne
27-Apr-10, 18:31
I believe most of the stations between Inverness and Wick are out of Diesel and have been for a couple of days!

changilass
27-Apr-10, 18:41
Anyone got any idea as to why there is the shortage?

ClachanHope
27-Apr-10, 18:43
I'm glad I bought a petrol car recently....:lol:

Cattach
27-Apr-10, 18:57
doesn't surprise me as they are the joint dearest in the area so people will go elsewhere first, i know i do!

Your quite right about price but I needed the fuel!

Cattach
27-Apr-10, 18:59
I'm glad I bought a petrol car recently....:lol:

Don't know why. I have been told the situation with diesel is much better than with petrol. It appears that there is a much greater shortage of petrol than diesel.

Scarybiscuits03
27-Apr-10, 19:05
Dunnetts in Thurso was "out of use" today about 1300, anyone know if they now have unleaded?

Rictina
27-Apr-10, 19:20
Both Tesco's in Inverness have been running low these past few weeks.

Thankfully, I have never been without & my only complaint has been that half the pumps are out of action so theres been some major queing going on.

I hope you all get some fuel asap.

sam
27-Apr-10, 19:43

Dunnetts still had petrol at 6.45 tonight as i got mine then, not a lot left though

sam
27-Apr-10, 19:46
Don't know why. I have been told the situation with diesel is much better than with petrol. It appears that there is a much greater shortage of petrol than diesel.

the lassie who served me said that Grangemouth are getting a better price for their petrol by selling it abroad

Wick66
27-Apr-10, 20:25
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/7360339.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/925981.stm

These two links go some way to explaining the problem.

Is it me being stupid or are these two reports dated 2000 and 2008.

sam
27-Apr-10, 20:34

no lol , i had a look and you're right;)

Aaldtimer
27-Apr-10, 20:36

Spot on!:confused

Fran
27-Apr-10, 23:43
Tesco petrol was closed tonight when i went...no petrol or diesel and the cones were up to stop you driving in.

ducati
27-Apr-10, 23:45
Tesco petrol was closed tonight when i went...no petrol or diesel and the cones were up to stop you driving in.

It was before lunch.

kjandcrew
27-Apr-10, 23:50
think maybe its time to recycle the veg oil [lol]

greener
28-Apr-10, 00:05
Dunnetts In Wick had the tanker there tonight at 10pm

Tubthumper
28-Apr-10, 00:12
How does that work then? We pay more per litre than just about everyone else in the country, and they can't manage to get supplies in...

I've asked many times before and never had a decent reply:
Who takes the extra 5p or so per litre difference between Wick & Thurso?
And why does fuel cost so much more here than in Inverness?

The answers will no doubt feature one leg, an eye patch and an 'Ahaaaar' every now and again.

NapalmDeath74
28-Apr-10, 00:38
A whale that beached at Grangemouth docks has been freed by the rising tide with the help of workers at a petrochemical plant. The mammal, thought to be about 3m (9ft) long, was found by BP staff near the mouth of the River Carron.
They used fire fighting equipment to keep the animal alive by hosing it with water then dug a channel so it could swim free.
Rescue workers are waiting to see if the whale becomes beached again.
Vets from the British Divers Marine Life Rescue (BDMLR) are also at the site.
A spokeswoman for BDMLR said the animal was last seen swimming towards the River Carron.
The whale first became beached at land opposite North Shore Road in Grangemouth, near where the River Carron meets the Forth Estuary
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/tayside_and_central/8646795.stm

Kevin Milkins
28-Apr-10, 05:05
I think it is yet another conspiracy, :eek: if they starve us of fuel for a while it will make us more grateful when normal supplies return at yet even a more inflated price.:confused

ducati
28-Apr-10, 06:48
I'm thinking of removing the engines from my vehicles and erecting masts instead.

Mind you, it may be a bit impractical on the motorbike.

Might cause a bit of consternation when I start 'tacking' down the A9 in the Pajero :eek:

fred
28-Apr-10, 07:52
I think it is yet another conspiracy, :eek: if they starve us of fuel for a while it will make us more grateful when normal supplies return at yet even a more inflated price.:confused

You could well be right.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8648091.stm

celtic1888
28-Apr-10, 08:39
dunnetts in wick still had petrol at 9pm last night when i went..
the guy said he was expecting a delivery that night

opel
28-Apr-10, 09:12
hi there,

can anyone advise if tescos are open again today for diesel?

thanks

goldenguernsey
28-Apr-10, 13:05
Yes they've got diesel today but no petrol

Crackeday
28-Apr-10, 13:22
dunnetts in wick still had petrol at 9pm last night when i went..
the guy said he was expecting a delivery that night
all done at 10am this morning

Julia
28-Apr-10, 14:16
Richards is the only garage that still has petrol but it's £1.27 per litre :eek:

brandy
28-Apr-10, 14:53
so is tesco out of petrol and disel now?

crashbandicoot1979
28-Apr-10, 15:07

At 1.00pm they had diesel but no petrol. They weren't sure when more petrol is coming in, they're hoping this evening.

equusdriving
28-Apr-10, 15:09

They still had plenty of diesel at 2.30 pm but no petrol

stef06
29-Apr-10, 00:45
Hey does anyone know who has petrol between reay and thurso only got enuf fuel for one way stupid me didnt realise their was a shortage untill tonight when all the garages are closed :(

greener
29-Apr-10, 00:51
Hey does anyone know who has petrol between reay and thurso only got enuf fuel for one way stupid me didnt realise their was a shortage untill tonight when all the garages are closed :(

Nope You will have to call on the old Fred Flintstone method,:lol:

Hen Broon
29-Apr-10, 10:51
Dunnets in Wick had petrol this morning, don't think Tesco have any yet.

BillyEspie
29-Apr-10, 11:53
Hey peeps whats the story on the fuel now then who has fuel and who hasnt cause i am coming in to town and need fuel and we always use tesco fuel

brandy
29-Apr-10, 12:26
dunnets have petrol and disel. petrol is 124.9 and disel is 125.9 grabbed some a while ago
tesco is still out of petrol looks like they have disel though!

northener
29-Apr-10, 12:44
Gallon of unleaded for sale.

Best offer on here before midnight tonight secures.

Andfield
29-Apr-10, 13:17
Will give you £3 for it if you can deliver to Berriedale.

ducati
29-Apr-10, 13:20

£7 if you deliver and put it in my lawn mower, and mow the lawns (about an acre) :Razz

Even Chance
29-Apr-10, 13:25

I want it!! me me me!!! Im first!!:lol:

shamrock2007
29-Apr-10, 14:39
Anyone got any idea what the story is now have tescos got petrol?

ducati
29-Apr-10, 15:59
I want it!! me me me!!! Im first!!:lol:

What happened to your yacht? :eek:

Even Chance
29-Apr-10, 16:31
Ha, dinna need it anymore, cos e bloomin outboard has just packed in!!!! I just changed e petrol, cos I was using last years stuff, and its still no goin!!!! Every year is e same. I guess I need to shell out on a new one. Typical! Ma post must have put a jinx on it!

Stack Rock
29-Apr-10, 17:44
I noticed a tesco tanker going south in Wick about 16.00 - maybe petrol was delivered, maybe diesel