PDA

View Full Version : Family Tree Maker 2005

changilass
27-Apr-10, 00:12
A long shot.

Does anyone have a copy of this please.

I have the manual and the data disc set but seem to have misplaced the actual program disc.

I have files on the computer but when I got the new laptop only the data files got transfered and not the programme files so I cannot access them.

Please if you can help me out with a copy of the program files let me know

Thanks in advance.

Be warned fellow geneologists, this is what happens when you take time out from your research to have a life lol.

changilass
28-Apr-10, 10:37
I have downloaded the free version of Legacy to play with whilst I am waiting for the full version to be delivered.

Is there a way to incorporate my FTM files into the free version? if not, will I be able to do so with the full version when it arrives?

I tried to import the files into the free version but it doesn't seem to like the idea.

If I cant move information over is there any way of getting at it?

Note to self: never take a break from family research again.

spittalhill
28-Apr-10, 12:53
Is Family Tree Maker produced by Ancestry. If so I am sure someone has a copy of the 2005 or later version. If not Family Tree Maker 2010 can be purchased from Ancestry, or if you have the registration details of your copy, Ancestry may be able to get you an upgrade. I am sure any later version will work.

changilass
28-Apr-10, 13:41
Hiya Spittalhill, its the 2005 version that I have, or should I say havn't anymore.

spittalhill
28-Apr-10, 14:20
Any later version should work - check with Ancestry - service@ancestryshop.co.uk or0845 688 5114

changilass
07-May-10, 22:49
I now have the 2010 version, so a very happy bunny.

Thanks for all the help.