PDA

View Full Version : Thurso Gala

pops
02-Jun-06, 21:01
hi
was just wonderin if sum1 could tell me what day the crownin of the gala queen and the floats etc is? i know the gala is from the 5th to the 13th of august but which saturday is it?
Thanx

shin chan
02-Jun-06, 21:15
The crowning of the Queen and the parade of floats is usually the first night of the Gala which will be the 5th.

pedromcgrory
02-Jun-06, 22:13
The crowning of the Queen and the parade of floats is usually the first night of the Gala which will be the 5th.and the vikings are coming back over for it

unicorn
02-Jun-06, 22:18
Well that should brighten the night up,they were great last time!

Gogglebox
03-Jun-06, 13:04
Full gala programme should be on www.thurso.org in next few days but yes crowning is on Sat 5th August

Theres a big push this year to try and get as many foot collectors and floats out, so if anyone is thinking about it - - go for it the more the better

Its funny it doesnt matter what you do for the gala most people - myself included - always judge how good a gala was by the amount of floats and foot collectors!! So please have a think about getting involved

Theres quite a lot in the programme this year including the return of the Vikings throughout the Saturday 5th and Sunday 6th at the Family Funday at the Dammies and hopefully it will all be well supported and enjoyed

Theres also a music festival of local bands at St George Park (the Dammies) on the final Sunday(13th) with music for all tastes (and the obligatory beer tent to make the music you dont like sound better!)
During the week there will be events every day including, fashion shows, auctions, beach extravaganza, Whist, Bingo, Treasure Hunts etc

If anyone would like to get involved and help or has any suggestions email me on Townimprovements@thurso.org

Also we have opened things up for other groups or charities to have stalls to raise funds for their own cause in the precinct on the gala night (5th) so if any group wants a stall email me at the above and we will try and squeeze you in - -we do have quite a few already but the more the merrier

Thanks

Thurso Gala Saturday 5th August to Sunday 13th August

Bobinovich
03-Jun-06, 14:29
The programme is now up on www.thurso.org (http://www.thurso.org) - you can either click the Gala 2006 link on the left hand side, or can click the text in the scrolling banner at the top.

There's plenty to do so go along and enjoy yourselves.

Mr P Cannop
03-Jun-06, 14:37
can't fined The programme ??

Billy Boy
03-Jun-06, 14:41
can't fined The programme ??

click on the link,then on the gala on the left of the page:eek:

Mr P Cannop
03-Jun-06, 15:33
the prog is not on the web site yet

Mr P Cannop
03-Jun-06, 15:34