PDA

View Full Version : Afraid but excited?

Vistravi
25-Apr-10, 22:51
Have you ever been scared of something but looking forward to it?

My baby is due soon and i'm now finding myself a bit frightened as i don't know what to expect and just how painful it's going to be but i'm really looking forward to meeting my baby at the same time.

teenybash
25-Apr-10, 23:15
Fear not Vistravi, any pain or discomfort will soon vanish and be forgotten when, you look at the beautiful face of your baby.

At 3 i was so scared of getting up into the saddle, for the first time, but not enough to stop me.....................

kjandcrew
25-Apr-10, 23:16
Hi, it will hurt - of course it will - BUT it will be THE best experience of your life - its THE most amazing thing that a woman can do - you will have such joy, smiles, laughter and some tears - i wish luck, love and happiness - your baby will be your breath when its born forever xxx

toodiemac
25-Apr-10, 23:21
Only natural to be scared but it will be so worth it. Nobody will tell you that it's not painful, because it is, but it's a different sort of pain because you know it's going to go away soon and you know you are going to have something wonderful at the end of it. Just keep remembering that it is short lived pain.

It's not an unexpected pain either, because you have been reading up about it for the last 9 months. Don't know what else to say really, except that when they put that baby into your arms you will realise that it has all been worth it. With each contraction, just think
"I will never have that contraction again, and so I am a bit closer to meeting my baby now".

Good luck, you have such precious, wonderful times ahead with your baby :)

horseman
25-Apr-10, 23:31
It will be lovely baby,my first was the highlight of my life.My wife diden't think so, but there is no pleasing everyone. All the best to you sweetheart an stop worrying- it's out of your hands now, an you know all the org will be there for you. Keep us posted.:D

wifie
25-Apr-10, 23:31
Aaaaaw Vis that is so natural! Nothing else to say - it is all bein said!

wickscorrie
25-Apr-10, 23:32
the fear of the unknown is always worse the first time, because when it comes around again you know what to expect, what like were you with your first day at school, your first filling etc

i'm planning big rollercoasters this year, used to absolutely adore them but that was before i had my 3 bairns, now i'm really looking forward to it but slight trepidatious (hmm should check whether that is a word), know i'll be doing the proverbial bricking it but really looking forward to it

child birth is about trusting the midwives, relaxing and enjoying each part. as said before the contractions can be painful but to be honest i was blethering to my pal in between mine and that was when i was 9cm dilated, would recommend walking as much as possible.

when the bairn was crowning was the most uncomfortablest but it really doesna take long and they usually have clocks about so you can time that part, anything to occupy your mind

but as said after bairn is born you can relax, (heheh unless they are still stitching you) but the peedie one will take your attention of that

if i could take your nervousness away i would as it is still a lovely time
hope your delivery is as easy as possible

cuddlepop
26-Apr-10, 07:43
Going to the dentist with toothache.:lol:

You'l be a great mum Vistravi,remember your the professional.;)

wicker8
26-Apr-10, 09:06
all my best wishes to you you have ever right to be anxious just dont worry its an experience you have to go through i remeber my daughter being the same now she tells others the story yes you will have pains but you will have something for the pain and at the end you will have a beautiful baby dont worry to much wifie your going to be a mum and you will manage i will be thinking of you lol k

2boyz1girl
26-Apr-10, 12:41
I was exactly the same. Loved being pregnant and knew that 1 day the baby would want out but as it came closer to that time I remember being really scared as you have no idea of what it will be like. Do you know what, even though it was incredibly sore I enjoyed every bit coz I was so excited to see my baby. Plus the gas and air is flippin fantastic. Get that in you, breath through it and it's easy. I went back another 2 times so not that bad. There is no point in worrying yourself, what will be will be and you'll get through it I'm sure just fine. All the best. I'm so broody, if not steralised I think I would of been going for another masel!!! :lol:

Dadie
26-Apr-10, 14:06
If childbirth was that bad we wouldnt go back to have more than 1 baby!
I was lucky mine were all fast!
Walking around helps.

But dont wait until the pain is totally unbearable before you ask for pain relief!
It takes time to kick in.
The crowning part is the worst....
Didnt need stitches or anything ...so cant comment on them
But all the pain magically disapears when you get to hold your baby.
And if you end up in theatre having a section its not the end of the world just as long as you and the baby are ok thats all that matters!

And get help with the breastfeeding(at every feed if need be) if thats what you want to do so you dont get sore.

Vistravi
27-Apr-10, 11:11
I was scared but not i'm really happy and excited! I'm in early labour. I'm so happy that i get to meet my baby soon.

Dadie
27-Apr-10, 11:13
Walk around, hoover, dust anything to keep you moving!
The time will pass quicker ...
xxxx

Not long to go now

xxxx

Check your bag for the millionth time!