PDA

View Full Version : Colours that make you see ?

Commore
25-Apr-10, 20:25
The colour "Orange" makes me cringe,

I cannot eat an Orange fruit, use orange.co. etc, wear orange clothing, drink orange juice, regardless of disguise,

Orange makes me see RED,

What colour is your pet hate?

Blarney
25-Apr-10, 21:44
When I was about 6 or 7 I absolutely hated tomatoes and anything associated with them. My teacher at the time would often wear a sweater which was the exact colour of home-made tomato soup and I would feel physically sick all day. I'm glad to say that the hatred of tomatoes was short-lived and I really enjoy them now but that shade of red can still make me gag!

joxville
25-Apr-10, 21:51
The colour "Orange" makes me cringe,

I cannot eat an Orange fruit, use orange.co. etc, wear orange clothing, drink orange juice, regardless of disguise,

Orange makes me see RED,

What colour is your pet hate?
Have you thought about discussing your issues with a therapist?

Invisible
25-Apr-10, 22:22
Teal........................

Liz
25-Apr-10, 22:24
I hate the colour red in my bank account!:eek:

Commore were you ever Tango'ed by any chance?:confused

Gronnuck
25-Apr-10, 22:28
Green is poisonous don’t you know.
I know because poison always came in funny shaped green bottles with vertical ridges, or was the poison green and it came in clear bottles? :confused ?
Never mind KEEP AWAY FROM GREEN and you won’t come to any harm!

kjandcrew
25-Apr-10, 22:47
green is a bad colour - trust me - try pink, pink pink and purple and anything in between :)

teenybash
25-Apr-10, 23:17
Navy blue.......just hate it, loathe it and don't want it near me.....:mad:

Maybe something to do with having a navy blue school uniform.

horseman
25-Apr-10, 23:37
I was going to put a post in there about navy blue knickers,! going back to school days-thats all there was then- but I thought better of it.;)

wifie
25-Apr-10, 23:49
I was going to put a post in there about navy blue knickers,! going back to school days-thats all there was then- but I thought better of it.;)

Hahaha! Yer soundin' a bit nostalgic for the owld navy blue drawers, horseman! ;)

Commore
26-Apr-10, 10:38
Have you thought about discussing your issues with a therapist?

:) Nope.
I am guessing the "therapist" may have similar issues, although not necessarily with "orange"

cuddlepop
26-Apr-10, 10:45
Navy blue depresses me its just so dull,baby pink unless on a baby just makes me cringe..dont even go there with men in PINK shirts.:lol:

golach
26-Apr-10, 10:49
I loved life in a Navy Blue uniform, had no trouble with that colour, and the ladies all seemed to like it, or was it the beard that did it? [lol]

cuddlepop
26-Apr-10, 10:52
I loved life in a Navy Blue uniform, had no trouble with that colour, and the ladies all seemed to like it, or was it the beard that did it? [lol]

Its the uniform golach you know we'd probably fancy anything as long as it was in uniform:lol:

wicker8
26-Apr-10, 14:06
yellow i hate that colour or terracotta yug

onecalledk
27-Apr-10, 10:10
very interesting thread, as someone who is studying colour and vibrational medicine its interesting to see how people have aversions to certain colours and can clearly associate negative feelings to those colours.

The person who hated the colour orange- orange is a solar plexus colour, its a colour for self, who you are, how confident you are etc ..... It is a colour that is very stimulating though and too much of it can make people feel sick and ill......

Colour affects us without us evening realising it. has anyone ever taken notice of what colours they have painted particular rooms in their houses ?

K

floyed
27-Apr-10, 10:15
When i was little, my mum said i used to cry everytime she tried to put clothes that was the colour brown on me. Right up until a few years ago, i never liked brown coloured clothes. (Just on me not other people)

I now have found several tops that are brown that i like and wear.

Commore
27-Apr-10, 13:37
very interesting thread, as someone who is studying colour and vibrational medicine its interesting to see how people have aversions to certain colours and can clearly associate negative feelings to those colours.

The person who hated the colour orange- orange is a solar plexus colour, its a colour for self, who you are, how confident you are etc ..... It is a colour that is very stimulating though and too much of it can make people feel sick and ill......

Colour affects us without us evening realising it. has anyone ever taken notice of what colours they have painted particular rooms in their houses ?

K

Yes, I am particular.
I mix and match and if for some reason, once it's up and I don't like it, it gets redone.

Lavenderblue2
27-Apr-10, 18:16

They had a little pocket in them....what was that all about? :confused

Bazeye
27-Apr-10, 18:26
I must be a bit odd. Theres no colour I hate or get freaked by. Its only a colour.:roll:

poppett
27-Apr-10, 18:57
Don`t like brown in any shape, manner or form.

Bazeye
27-Apr-10, 19:01

Look at your avatar.

joxville
27-Apr-10, 19:35

Look at your avatar.

...but don't look in the toilet. [lol]

poppett
28-Apr-10, 18:21
Please explain yourself Bazeye.............the box is green the mint cream centres are white and the chocolate is plain.....ie black....not brown!

Kodiak
28-Apr-10, 18:48
Please explain yourself Bazeye.............the box is green the mint cream centres are white and the chocolate is plain.....ie black....not brown!

Chocolate does come in a variety of colours, I have seen White, Red and even yellow, but I have never seen a Black Chocolate.

I have seen a 90% Coco Plain Chocolate and that was a very dark Brown, but not black. All Paynes Poppets Chocolate is Brown and not Black.

floyed
28-Apr-10, 19:15
Poppets are brown:D

poppett
28-Apr-10, 22:05
I was told I would learn something new every day as a youngster growing up.

My learning curve for today is Poppetts chocolate is a very dark brown, but I see it as black.........probably because the need to enjoy the sweeties overcomes my hatred of brown.

Bazeye
28-Apr-10, 22:11
I was told I would learn something new every day as a youngster growing up.

My learning curve for today is Poppetts chocolate is a very dark brown, but I see it as black.........probably because the need to enjoy the sweeties overcomes my hatred of brown.

Just eat them with your eyes closed. :lol:

horseman
28-Apr-10, 22:45
I must be a bit odd. Theres no colour I hate or get freaked by. Its only a colour.:roll:

Not to say what freaks you out Bazeye- what colour lifts you up? Can you no look at a fine shade of yellow , an no smile back at it,. an the same for a delicate tinge of green/??:)

onecalledk
29-Apr-10, 09:51
again interesting that some people see a colour different ways. You are all correct as each colour is real to each one of you. Once again highlights that we are bound by our physical make up. We all interpret colour slightly differently.....

Wonder what colour someone who is colour blind would see the chocolate ???

K