PDA

View Full Version : Something you have always wanted to do

Commore
25-Apr-10, 20:21
Everyone has dreams, ambitions, and something they have always wanted to do.
Mine, when I was younger was to be on a Harrier Jumpjet as it took off,
unfortunately and thus far at least, I have have never had that opportunity.

What is your " something you have always wanted to do"?

joxville
25-Apr-10, 20:24
Fly in Concorde, alas, it'll never happen now.

Can I waken up next to Katie Melua instead please. :)

golach
25-Apr-10, 20:26
Marry a rich nymphomaniac widow, with one foot in the grave who owned a Rum Distillery in the Caribbean [lol]

brandy
25-Apr-10, 20:27
go to egypt and be part of a caravan across the saharah desert.. still hope of doing that.. just as soon as the kids are a bit older.. i want to spend at least a month there.. and explore!

wickscorrie
25-Apr-10, 23:40
go to see the bear caves at inchnadamph
sail up the danube
visit every continent
go fossil hunting in the gobi desert
sit in the front row of a top fashion designers show
have a 5 star all inclusive holiday
sleep in a tent beside a beach
go groatie buckie picking at groats with a picnic
one parachute jump
work in a refugee camp
take my daughter to a top music concert when she picks who she wants to see
loose some weight (ssssh!)
travel across america
see all the wonders of the world (ancient and natural)
research my family tree
go and see schmoo cave
have a dinner party for all my friends and family

or just enjoy the company on the org!

kjandcrew
26-Apr-10, 00:25
bungie jump - seeing niagra falls (twice) and never going under them, having another baby

Nacho
26-Apr-10, 00:39
i've wanted to say this for ages ..... okay here goes ....

Trix, i don't read your posts after the first line

i get the crack that you're typing in a broad Caithness dialect and that's great, but it's pretty unreadable, it doesn't flow, it takes so much effort to read it i give up.

don't get me wrong, i'm Caithness born and bred and don't want to sound unpatriotic, but there you go

i expect to be publicly spanked for this confession and will therefore be displaying my bare buttocks outside Thurso Police Station for the next 7 days .... weather permitting

cuddlepop
26-Apr-10, 07:39
Go up in a hot air ballon and cross over Niagra falls,that would be amazing.:D

basically just go to Canada,oneday.:D

Thumper
26-Apr-10, 07:58
I have always wanted to go the the Artic,but I also want to go to Egypt too! But if I got the one wish I have had for years it would be to go and live in Canada x

horseman
26-Apr-10, 08:03
Golach-loved that one.
Wickscorrie-your one read super.
Nacho-your brave,now just point me to Thurso Police Station, bit o' skelping due.
Me I would love to move to the USA, an we are working on it.

cuddlepop
26-Apr-10, 08:04
I have always wanted to go the the Artic,but I also want to go to Egypt too! But if I got the one wish I have had for years it would be to go and live in Canada x

I have alwas wanted to go,ever since I was wee and looked at my mums "memories" of her time living there I've wanted to live there.

Needless to say I got married at 21 and the rest is history but I still "ache" to be there.:(:D

Maybe one day Thumps we'll both get our wish.:D

wicker8
26-Apr-10, 09:09
go to italy also would love to see the niagra falls or maybe swim with dolphins

John Little
26-Apr-10, 09:28
One day I will go back to Mount Canigou and get to the top of it.
I would like to visit Japan
Machu Pichu

But most of all - that long water slide from the guy's office to his house in the Barclay's ad - I'd like a go on that ....

Vistravi
26-Apr-10, 18:16
I've wanted to sky dive since i saw it in a film. It looks so much fun to do! I'm planning on doing it later on this year about august/september time but shall see how it goes. It may be next year. It'll be a sponspored jump to help make abused children's lives better and happier.

Invisible
26-Apr-10, 19:56
Play to a packed Stadium whether it be musically or sport.

sandyr1
26-Apr-10, 20:00
Go up in a hot air ballon and cross over Niagra falls,that would be amazing.:D

basically just go to Canada,oneday.:D

Know what you mean/ Just think...you are limited by your own imagination/ never thought I could do it but am here/ 38 years/ great career/ great Country. You can do anything if you want!

sandyr1
26-Apr-10, 20:03
Hi Thumper.....Just read your post also....my reply is the same...I did it! So can u.....

Mik.M.
26-Apr-10, 20:25

i get the crack that you're typing in a broad Caithness dialect and that's great, but it's pretty unreadable, it doesn't flow, it takes so much effort to read it i give up.

don't get me wrong, i'm Caithness born and bred and don't want to sound unpatriotic, but there you go

i expect to be publicly spanked for this confession and will therefore be displaying my bare buttocks outside Thurso Police Station for the next 7 days .... weather permitting
Nacho I agree with you 100%.

John Little
26-Apr-10, 20:33
I don't agree at all. I like Trix's posts. They are full of character and regional spice - love it. It would be a pity if we all spoke alike and I like regional dialects. I blame the BBC but I have heard recordings of people's accent from 1915 and the accents were a lot stronger then than now.

Invisible
26-Apr-10, 20:36
I've always wanted to go up to John Motson and kick him every-time he says England

Invisible
26-Apr-10, 20:38

mercy mee fits is nonsense ya speek o' :Razz

Anfield
26-Apr-10, 20:50

I disagree, Trix's posts in her strange dialect are one of the highlights of the Org.

If I had the choice of either reading her almost lyrical posts, or those from some of the brain dead Neanderthals we have here, then she would win every time.

Tubthumper
26-Apr-10, 21:05
I'd like to go to Peru and climb Mt Kilimanjaro.

Anfield, as a proud Neanderthal, I could take offence at your comment. However I am too advanced for that, and will therefore let it slide over my steeply sloping forehead.

Grunt, grunt.

trix
26-Apr-10, 21:54
guid for ye nacho for speakin oot, howp it makes ye feel better :)

'iss little issue pops up now an again on here an i say 'e same thing...i da mind if ye read ma posts or no....'e thought really disna bother me.

i look back on some o' ma posts an nearly pee ma pants lafin, so even if nobody iver reads them, im niver gona stop :lol:

am so highly amused an plus, i cana help'ed :Razz

an thanks all for nice comments an pms o' support.

ShelleyCowie
26-Apr-10, 21:58

'iss little issue pops up now an again on here an i say 'e same thing...i da mind if ye read ma posts or no....'e thought really disna bother me.

i look back on some o' ma posts an nearly pee ma pants lafin, so even if nobody iver reads them, im niver gona stop :lol:

i love reading ur posts! Took a while to get used to but i think its pure talent that you can type like that!

joxville
26-Apr-10, 23:13
I disagree, Trix's posts in her strange dialect are one of the highlights of the Org.

If I had the choice of either reading her almost lyrical posts, or those from some of the brain dead Neanderthals we have here, then she would win every time.

I agree with the first part of your post. I'm not Caithness born but lived there long enough to pick up the lingo; carry on doing what you do best Trix, we love you for it. :)

Am I one of the Neanderthals? I do hope so, I've never been a member of any clubs, though I might be part of a clique, just no-one has thought to confirm my membership. :)

Tubthumper
26-Apr-10, 23:27
Jox, you can join my neanderthal clique if you want.

Good club, but we haven't got the hang of fire yet.

Trix can join as well because her words are all weird. But Anfield is too clever so he's out.

joxville
26-Apr-10, 23:52
I know how to make fire, all we have to do is rub two bits of wood against each other. Will our heads suffice?

golach
27-Apr-10, 01:09

Trix can join as well because her words are all weird. But Anfield is too clever so he's out.
Can i join Mistress Tubs?

George Brims
27-Apr-10, 01:36
Kate Winslet

Aaldtimer
27-Apr-10, 03:07
I've never been a member of any clubs, though I might be part of a clique, just no-one has thought to confirm my membership. :)

Oh Jox, I thought you would have been a fully fledged member of this club!

http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=653270&page=3 ;)

Commore
27-Apr-10, 18:15

Cannot make up my mind, what slang you write.

ClachanHope
27-Apr-10, 18:55
I've always wanted to see some normal activity in Portgower. :lol:

You know, maybe like an elderly couple out for a walk with their wee dog, or somone out in their garden cutting the grass on a nice sunny day.
A few kids playing on a trampolene while their dad chops some wood and their mum hangs out the washing.

Just normal, everyday things that we all do.

Do you think it could be possible????:p

Bazeye
27-Apr-10, 19:07

Ah, I remember the good old days when it was Woolies window.

trix
27-Apr-10, 21:54
Ah, I remember the good old days when it was Woolies window.

is 'at no where 'e hangin took place? :eek:

DeHaviLand
27-Apr-10, 22:48

If Anfield is oot because he's too clever, that means, by default, I'm in. Woohoo, finally got to join a clique :eek:

Or should that be cl:eek:

Moira
27-Apr-10, 22:55

The Caithness Dialect is not strange. It's what we speak and what we are. We make a special effort to understand anyone who crosses the Ord. Trix does it rather well though not as good as some.

Cannot make up my mind, what slang you write.

This is not slang. Go listen.....

rich
27-Apr-10, 23:36
Trix is a poet.
That gives her poetic license to say what she likes, where she likes, when she likes how she likes.
Are poets not the unacknowledged legislators of the world?
Something like that.
Sing on, Trix!

Margaret M.
28-Apr-10, 02:52
Pay no attention to at cheeky chiel, Trix. I love reading your posts -- I find them an easy read.

Kevin Milkins
28-Apr-10, 04:54

As a white settler, I found it very difficult to enter into conversation with anyone local because I could not understand what was being said.

When I started reading the posts by Trix on the org, I not only found them interesting and funny, but the local dialect became more apparent, (if only I could type in a Gwent dialect so fellow orgers might be able to understand me. :Razz)

porshiepoo
28-Apr-10, 10:08
Ride in the Grand National. ( a dream I had as a youngster. Wouldn't want to do it now as the race is cruel).

Learn to read Hieroglyphics. To what end I have no idea but Id love to be able to all the same.

Be able to Bellydance (I'm actually working on this one though)

trix
28-Apr-10, 23:16
thanks for all yer nice comments guys, for those who da read ma posts, ats ok, iv said it before...an il say it again.

ye can kiss ma erse :Razz

Kevin Milkins
28-Apr-10, 23:22

Is that by appointment only? ;):lol:

trix
28-Apr-10, 23:37
Is that by appointment only? ;):lol:

mite hev til wait til 'e next full moon [lol]

Tubthumper
29-Apr-10, 00:14
And what a truly fine erse it is! Peachy and fragrant. Not a sign of saggage or wrinkling.