PDA

View Full Version : cheapest microwave?

unicorn
02-Jun-06, 15:24
where is the cheapest place to buy a microwave locally just now? just need a cheap one as I am fed up of paying lots and they dont last anyway lol..... dunno what I am doing to them.. thats 4 in 10 years.

angela5
02-Jun-06, 15:28
4 in 10 years!:eek:

I got a microwave/grill for £49 from the Hydro in wick.
Have you tried argos?

unicorn
02-Jun-06, 15:31
I forgot we had an argos lol!!!!! Not even visited it yet, it looks like I am headed for wick this weekend then. I hardly ever use my microwave except for heating my always forgotten coffee, I think they prefer tea???

krieve
02-Jun-06, 15:31
Got Daewoo one out of the coop in wick not that long ago for £34.99

unicorn
02-Jun-06, 15:33
Well that is 2 hinari lifestyle ones I have had that have only just lasted the year! Not having another one of those!!!!!!!

Rheghead
02-Jun-06, 15:33
I bought my mother a microwave in 1983 for £180 and it is still going strong though it needed a capacity renewal once in ~1990.
Go for the cheapest one with a stainless interior as the others I find rot from the inside out. I can't find one like my mother's anymore as it was probable too good and the company went out of business.:D

unicorn
02-Jun-06, 15:38
Now that is definately value for money Rheghead.

krieve
02-Jun-06, 15:40
Well that is 2 hinari lifestyle ones I have had that have only just lasted the year! Not having another one of those!!!!!!!
I have had one of those also unicorn the inside seem to rust then it stopped heating the food i won't be getting another one.

unicorn
02-Jun-06, 15:44
Mine is like new not a mark on it at all, it just wont heat anything lol.

krieve
02-Jun-06, 15:44
I bought my mother a microwave in 1983 for £180 and it is still going strong though it needed a capacity renewal once in ~1990.
Go for the cheapest one with a stainless interior as the others I find rot from the inside out. I can't find one like my mother's anymore as it was probable too good and the company went out of business.:D
My mother had one of the old ones she had it for years must be about 20 years it just gave up the ghost last year. lol

Woolie
02-Jun-06, 20:47
woolworths had some reasonable priced ones in the other week worth a try;)

Lucy
03-Jun-06, 07:53
I would say your best bet would be Woolworths or the Co-op. Quite often they have special prices on these. But if your luck is like mine you'll find they will get them in a week after you buy a dearer one.

unicorn
03-Jun-06, 21:06
Got one today in woolies for £24.99, don't mind if I only get a year out of it at that price :)

dirdyweeker
04-Jun-06, 19:38
one going free in 'free stuff' !!

landmarker
04-Jun-06, 21:33
We just got one from Dilusso kitchens for nowt! It is a Baumatic. Given that they have messed us about fitting a kitchen and caused no end of grief and
generated dozens of phone calls it's the least they could do.
Kitchen nightmares ain't in it. Still, all done now and it looks a treat.

connieb19
04-Jun-06, 21:43
We just got one from Dilusso kitchens for nowt! It is a Baumatic. Given that they have messed us about fitting a kitchen and caused no end of grief and
generated dozens of phone calls it's the least they could do.
Kitchen nightmares ain't in it. Still, all done now and it looks a treat.So when's the orgers dinner party then?;)

angela5
04-Jun-06, 22:39
So when's the orgers dinner party then?;)
http://www.generalcomics.com/funny-animal-pictures-cartoon-animals/17.jpg