PDA

View Full Version : Yappy dugs.

joxville
25-Apr-10, 19:08
Has anyone tried an ultrasonic dog shutter-upper thingy? Do they really work, and can they be used on dogs that are indoors whilst I'm outside? Whenever my neighbour goes out her two wee dugs yap constantly, it does ma heid in something chronic, spoils my enjoyment of laying out in the sun. [disgust]

Scunner
25-Apr-10, 19:21
Have the same thing beside me, the yapping is in stereo at times. One starts and the other answers. Really annoying - dont know how to contact the dog warden, to see if he/she can help

Thumper
25-Apr-10, 19:28
Put your clothes back on Jox and stop scaring the poor little dowgs ;) x

joxville
25-Apr-10, 19:31
Put your clothes back on Jox and stop scaring the poor little dowgs ;) x

I canna help it if they wanna chew on a big sausage, the owner should feed them. ;)

Thumper
25-Apr-10, 19:33
:eek: It seems your charms are not only for the human ladies then ;) x

pink
25-Apr-10, 21:10
I have the collars for my dogs and well eh no they dinna work ! Nowt much dog warden can do about barking dogs either unless they are left alone and barking all day .

Its what dogs do

Dog-eared
25-Apr-10, 21:16
Its what some dogs do. I blame the owners.

pink
25-Apr-10, 21:19
i either muzzle ma noisy one or take him inside , If he is buggin me i sure not the only one that can hear him

Scunner
25-Apr-10, 21:44
they are left alone

equusdriving
25-Apr-10, 21:53
You can get them that squirt an unpleasent but harmless citranella spray at the dog when they bark,they are quite expensive but very effective

joxville
25-Apr-10, 21:57
They only bark when the neighbour isn't home and the dogs are locked up, that's why I was thinking of an ultrasonic gadget.

Dog-eared
25-Apr-10, 22:15
Mince'n brakefluid pie ? :lol:

pink
25-Apr-10, 22:26
i also have the citronella spray collar , with my dog it doesnt work !! but it gets some great reviews

pink
25-Apr-10, 22:28
Mince'n brakefluid pie ? :lol:

NOT even funny im afraid

Gronnuck
25-Apr-10, 22:33
As far as I'm aware any ultrasonic device is used to deter animals from your garden. It might work if placed in the right position but then it might just wind up the dogs and cause them to bark even more!

Kevin Milkins
26-Apr-10, 08:01
My sons neighbour, (who they had a great neighbourly relationship with for two years), bought a spaniel.

The dog was left on it's own most days and it barked the whole time that the neighbor was out. When my son had a polite word about it they would not believe that there sweet little dog ever barked and the good neighbourly relationship went down hill fast.

It is most annoying to listen to someone else's dog bark all day and I am not sure if there is an easy answer.:confused

John Little
26-Apr-10, 09:44
When I was a kid I discovered that if you stuck your head out of the window at night and barked, you could set off every dog right across the estate. No-one ever found me out either....

The neighbours who deny their dogs bark might believe you then....

cuddlepop
26-Apr-10, 10:58
Have you tried speaking to the woman to let her know just how annoying her wee yappers are? even record them so she can hear it.

If there indoors dont know what you can do but if its in a public space then you could get the dog warden to have a word.:(

I dont leave mine out when I go out because the wee collie barks at her shadow and the big beardie hides because he knows"big sister" is heading for a rolicking.:eek:

Last resort get your self good headphones so you can listen to Katie outdoors too.:D

joxville
26-Apr-10, 23:48
My neighbour knows about it, I mentioned it to her on Friday as we chatted over the fence, but I don't want to report her to the dog warden or council etc., she has cystic fibrosis and has been going through a bad patch recently, her quality of life isn't great so I really don't want her to lose what small pleasures she has. My troubles are nothing compared to hers, however, I'd just like a bit of peace sometimes when I'm lying out in the sun.

ducati
27-Apr-10, 10:12
My neighbour knows about it, I mentioned it to her on Friday as we chatted over the fence, but I don't want to report her to the dog warden or council etc., she has cystic fibrosis and has been going through a bad patch recently, her quality of life isn't great so I really don't want her to lose what small pleasures she has. My troubles are nothing compared to hers, however, I'd just like a bit of peace sometimes when I'm lying out in the sun.

If you like dogs, you could offer to have them with you if she needs to go out for a couple of hours when you aren't working. ( I gather you work shifts?). They probably only bark because they miss human company. :)

If you hate dogs, this probably is not wise, they may eat your sausage :eek:

floyed
27-Apr-10, 10:17
I canna help it if they wanna chew on a big sausage, the owner should feed them. ;)

more like wee willie winkies pmsl:D

couldn't help maself sorry hehe

northener
27-Apr-10, 13:32
Use "Rock-Off" Patented Dog and Cat deterrent:

http://www.liquidmatrix.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/brick.jpg

George Brims
27-Apr-10, 17:22
When I was a kid I discovered that if you stuck your head out of the window at night and barked, you could set off every dog right across the estate. No-one ever found me out either....

The neighbours who deny their dogs bark might believe you then....
There used to be a pair of barn owls nesting somewhere about the Free Kirk in Watten. I used to set them off at night too.

My dad told me a tale many years ago of a bobby in Wick, a classmate of his in Wick High, who couldn't get to sleep during the day when he was on nights, because of a yappy dog next door. Again, the people wouldn't believe their wee darling was doing such a thing. One day he fed it a piece of steak with Epsom salts. The next day there were rugs, cushion covers, a quilt, and assorted other things all out on the line drying. And he never saw the dog again...

floyed
28-Apr-10, 18:12
My dog is more yappie when im in the house, he barks at every1 that goes passed the front door.