PDA

View Full Version : Halkirk Recyling

mccaugm
02-Jun-06, 13:09
Just read in the Groat that the council are taking the recyling facilities out of Halkirk. This is really disappointing as I use the facilities almost every other day for glass and paper etc. I hope the council reconsider as this is a great service for Halkirk.

The council are extending the opening hours for the recyling centre which is great for those who drive. I suggest the council have uplifts for glass and paper as well as garden waste as this would certainly make life easier for those who cannot get to the recyling centre. This however is doubtful as finance for such as service is always an issue.

Come on Halkirk use it or we are certainly going to lose it.[evil]

janette
02-Jun-06, 13:29
Just read in the Groat that the council are taking the recyling facilities out of Halkirk. This is really disappointing as I use the facilities almost every other day for glass and paper etc. I hope the council reconsider as this is a great service for Halkirk.

The council are extending the opening hours for the recyling centre which is great for those who drive. I suggest the council have uplifts for glass and paper as well as garden waste as this would certainly make life easier for those who cannot get to the recyling centre. This however is doubtful as finance for such as service is always an issue.

Come on Halkirk use it or we are certainly going to lose it.[evil]

I think its the Council skip that used to come to the village every 3rd saturday

mccaugm
02-Jun-06, 13:39
Well thats a relief....as I can now thankfully get rid of the pile of newspapers and glass jars/bottles gathering in my house.

The skip was really helpful especially when the council were on strike and rubbish was piling up everywhere.

Thanks for the post:cool:

unicorn
02-Jun-06, 15:43
I once asked the council about emptying garden containers into my green bin compost and all and was told no compost, so I asked what I should do with it and they said put it in a bin bag and into normal bin which is surely stupid as compost must be garden waste??

Billy Boy
02-Jun-06, 15:47
Well thats a relief....as I can now thankfully get rid of the pile of newspapers and glass jars/bottles gathering in my house.

The skip was really helpful especially when the council were on strike and rubbish was piling up everywhere.

Thanks for the post:cool:

the halkirk skip service has been stopped now, as of 3 wwek's ago