PDA

View Full Version : Best and worst job.

cuddlepop
02-Jun-06, 11:25
Just started working up at the local hospital in the kitchen and i really like.So here.s the question what has been the best job you.ve had and what has been the worst?
Best job.Catering manager in the local community centre.:)
Worst job ,Laundry maid in an old folks home.:confused

Geo
02-Jun-06, 11:37
The best job I ever had was at BT Internet in Thurso.
The worst job I ever had was at BT Internet in Thurso. :)

cuddlepop
02-Jun-06, 11:49
Was it anything to do with your boss at the time or was it different departments Geo?:roll:

Fran
02-Jun-06, 11:51
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/26/26_9_6.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNfox000) Best job i had was as a journalist with newspapers and radio - great job, but hard work.

worst job was in a nursing home but I enjoy nursing. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/3/3_2_2.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNfox000)
cuddlespop......congratulations on your new job in the hospital kitchen, they are a great bunch of staff there.

cuddlepop
02-Jun-06, 11:57
Thanks Fran its been 4 years since i last worked so this week i'm pretty tired:eek:

compo
02-Jun-06, 12:49
best job deer stalker worst job bt/manpower twice youd ythink id learned the first time around

unicorn
02-Jun-06, 15:37
Best job Childminder
Worst job BT mobile.

Billy Boy
02-Jun-06, 16:41
best job lorry driver

worst job apprentice chef[evil] ooooooh i hated that job for 2 years

willowbankbear
02-Jun-06, 17:55
Best job was on a fishing boat from Grimsby, the money was good, the crew were a scream, we landed in different ports each trip all over the U.K

Worst job was on a boat called the Aquila, from Kirkcudbright. Catching stones & scallops in the Irish sea, It was pure hell from when you sailed to when you landed, no sleep more than 25mins fro 4-5 days, by the time ye did land, you couldnt keep yer eyes open long enough to spend yer wages[lol]

Fluff
02-Jun-06, 19:06
best job is between my current job at boots opticians and working for laithwaites/direct wines

worst has to be at norfrost! no sunlight for hours and constant cuts to my hands

cuddlepop
02-Jun-06, 21:46
From these posts BT are not very good employers.
:confused

unicorn
02-Jun-06, 21:47
I didn't find them to be bad employers I just found it a very high stress job as did many many others.

connieb19
02-Jun-06, 21:53
I didn't find them to be bad employers I just found it a very high stress job as did many many others.I agree there. It was the worst job I ever had. I'm still trying hard to think of the best one but BT mobile is definately the worst.:~(

unicorn
02-Jun-06, 21:57
I left there and went to Norfrost and far preferred the mind numbingness of Norfrost.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
02-Jun-06, 22:40
Been doing the same job since I left school.I've worked for a few different companies but working in the same place.At the end o' the day as long as the money is going in oor bank account....the beers are on me.:lol: :lol:

connieb19
02-Jun-06, 22:43
I remember once I applied for a job cleaning telephone boxes. Thank goodness I didn't get it, Imagine doing that on a Sunday morning...YUK!![disgust]

Billy Boy
02-Jun-06, 22:45
my worst job was definatly BT internet & mobile
one of the best was a forestry worker

mrs billy boy;)

landmarker
02-Jun-06, 22:48
Worst job: cutting up cabbages in a hospital kitchen. I lasted half a day!
Best job: Truck driving in convoy with good mates chattin' on the ole c.b.
Dream job. Outside left for Man city. I was about 17 and I woke up.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
02-Jun-06, 22:53
Worst job: cutting up cabbages in a hospital kitchen. I lasted half a day!
Best job: Truck driving in convoy with good mates chattin' on the ole c.b.
Dream job. Outside left for Man city. I was about 17 and I woke up.

Landmarker,ye brought an auld memory back there with yer truckin tale.

"Breaker 1-9 this here's the Rubber Duck,ye got a copy on me Loud Machine.Looks like we've got a Smokey on our ass!!!!"

Convoy the film,class in a glass!!!!!!!!:lol: :lol:

landmarker
02-Jun-06, 23:02
Cedric: you're coming through wall to wall and treeptop tall good bud.

Actualy, we didnae bother with the slang but the rigs made six hour journeys pass in an hour. I got to know a couple of people really well.We tended to talk about inconsequential things you wouldn't normally delve in conversation face to face. They were happy times and over ten years ago. I've had 'better' jobs, but seldom as satisfying. Trundling down the M5 talking to a friend as the sun rises, the horses working hard underneath and the heavy load rolling ever onward seemed fine at the time and from a decades distance it looks even better.

Geo
02-Jun-06, 23:07
Was it anything to do with your boss at the time or was it different departments Geo?:roll:

It was at times a very stressful job but on the other hand I worked with a great team of people which helped.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
02-Jun-06, 23:14
Cedric: you're coming through wall to wall and treeptop tall good bud.

Actualy, we didnae bother with the slang but the rigs made six hour journeys pass in an hour. I got to know a couple of people really well.We tended to talk about inconsequential things you wouldn't normally delve in conversation face to face. They were happy times and over ten years ago. I've had 'better' jobs, but seldom as satisfying. Trundling down the M5 talking to a friend as the sun rises, the horses working hard underneath and the heavy load rolling ever onward seemed fine at the time and from a decades distance it looks even better.

Remember ma Dad passing by Ayr blethering to one o' his cronies on the C.B.This was in the days that it was illegal to have one in yer motor.Suddenly the Busby(the big white police jeep that was used to arrest folk wi' C.B's) came right behind ma Dads car.I've never seen anything like it.The auld man removing the C.B with one hand while still driving.

Man,they talk these days about folk driving while on the mobile or putting on make-up.In the 80's it was all the drivers trying to get rid o' the C.B's so they widnae get arrested.:lol: :lol:

sam
02-Jun-06, 23:16
best job was boxing coach to under 12 year olds:D
worst job was a sewage worker[evil]

Cedric Farthsbottom III
02-Jun-06, 23:18
best job was boxing coach to under 12 year olds:D
worst job was a sewage worker[evil]

See for your sewage worker sam, would that no be the worst job(by).

sam
02-Jun-06, 23:21
See for your sewage worker sam, would that no be the worst job(by).you got me confussed there cedric?

Cedric Farthsbottom III
02-Jun-06, 23:28
you got me confussed there cedric?

Sorry Sam,me and my toilet humour again!:lol: :lol:

crayola
03-Jun-06, 01:12
Best: doing page 3 for Sun, Star and Mirror. Hard work but great money, great laughs, great friendships.

Worst: same. Standing around for hours in cold wearing fake fur coat and not much else in presence of spotty inadequates. Have you any idea how much body makeup we used to cover up blemishes? Addiction to expensive shoes is incurable.

dunderheed
03-Jun-06, 10:53
best job- being the youngest head chef that scottish and newcastle brewries had
worst- flight catering unit at prestwick airport (this job entailed cooking one part of a breakfast , lunch or dinner for the airplanes for example grilling bacon for breakfast for 8 hours a day ).
got to admit i enjoy the job i'm doing nowin a supermarket