PDA

View Full Version : Don't get lost

Latino
24-Apr-10, 14:18
Northern Constabulary are co-ordinating searches in Thurso for a missing man and by all accounts they've drafted in help from the Red Cross in Inverness, Mountain Rescue and others.

They're 'concerned' about the man's safety yet why again have they omitted to call in search dogs and people from 14 miles away in East Mey but instead bring up resources from Inverness first. I say use everyone that offers help, start with local assistance and stop these silly politics Mr Latimer.

Or, do they wait until they're 'very concerned' or 'extremely concerned' before they do the right thing?

Does anyone know if they're allowing we members of the public to assist in the searches?

changilass
24-Apr-10, 14:24
Complaining on here aint gonna make a difference.

Have you thought of setting up an online petition for folks to sign, or contacting Northern Constabulary or even local councilors about this.

ShelleyCowie
24-Apr-10, 15:07
They were here at my house yesterday searching my wheelie bin, shed and garden. And i happily let them.

These people are trained professionals and whoever they feel necessary to call in then they will. Even if it is the units from Inverness.

joxville
24-Apr-10, 15:13
I suspect it's done on a need-to-know basis, and you don't need to know. However, if the public was in danger then you'd need to know, though you'd probably be told....sod it, I canna be bothered.

Latino
24-Apr-10, 15:20
I'm not doubting the professionalism, efforts or ability of those involved. As these groups consist of people who volunteer their services and skips I praise them.

I was questioning Northern's non use of local dedicated, professional, volunteers who could assist. But it seems, despite police assurances that yet again they'll look at using them they're not.

John Little
24-Apr-10, 15:25
Now you must be more charitable. They do not often get the chance to venture so far north into such a beautiful area. Any excuse will do to get away from the fleshpots of Inverness.

And they spend money in local businesses and stimulate the economy.
It's a jaunt to them.

But reciprocation is called for. Volunteers from Caithness should be called down to Inverness occasionally too. It has to go both ways!

wifie
24-Apr-10, 15:56
Complaining on here aint gonna make a difference.

Have you thought of setting up an online petition for folks to sign, or contacting Northern Constabulary or even local councilors about this.

How do you know it won't? How do you know he/she hasn't? Latino! Have you?

changilass
24-Apr-10, 17:18
How do you know it won't? How do you know he/she hasn't? Latino! Have you?

Moaning on here about things never changes owt Wifie. Specific issuse need to be raised in the right place, not just randomly put on forums, where everyone has a gripe then goes on to the next topic and forgets about it.

If they have set up a petition, then they havn't advertised it very well, cos I aint seen it to be able to sign it.

I am sure a lot of folks would be willing to sign an on line petition if one was set up. Not sure who you would forward the info to, in order to get anything done about it though, but I am sure someone on here would know.

Sara Jevo
24-Apr-10, 18:18
They were here at my house yesterday searching my wheelie bin, shed and garden. And i happily let them.

These people are trained professionals and whoever they feel necessary to call in then they will. Even if it is the units from Inverness.

I agree. I'm sure they know what they are doing. And I'm sure they know who the right people are to call when they need help.

Is it worth getting worked up about? I mean, if you want to help, join the police, become a special or something. Or join the coastgiard.

Stack Rock
24-Apr-10, 18:38
Why can't your group just turn up and start looking? Surely your'e entitled to search in public places. It would be a PR blunder if the police turned you away.

twiglet
24-Apr-10, 19:20
A petition wouldn't find the missing man.

Local groups have been out looking. The coastguard, police etc etc. Even the local scouts and cubs have been asked to keep an eye out for him.

Lets hope he turns up soon. There is nothing worse than someones loved one going missing.