PDA

View Full Version : Travellers

rambo1978
24-Apr-10, 07:24
Ok now I know it's a major inconvenience for people trying to get home due to the Icelandic volcano but it's making my blood boil hearing these clowns complaining about it! What do they want to do, take off in a plane and then die? These people are really pissing me off imo, surely i'm not the only one??

Phill
24-Apr-10, 10:05
Why is there this notion that everyone will die! where has that come from?

ShelleyCowie
24-Apr-10, 10:08
Why is there this notion that everyone will die! where has that come from?

I think he means that the engines will clog up and fail, leading to a wee crash shall we say.

Anyways, i agree Rambo. Yes it must be horrible for some people who couldnt get home because of family and things. But yeah i would rather stay where i was instead of gurning about it. Whats that gonna do?

John Little
24-Apr-10, 10:23
It's the culture we have built. If you tell folk that they are entitled to everythng and give it to them from cradle to grave then the next generation stops relying on itself and expects the state to do everything for them.

You know, and I know, that any government which disregards its safety advisors is gonna get panned if something nasty happens. That includes the Conservatives. Plane load of tourists is allowed up, and crashes due to ash, minister ignored safety people - watch the head roll. Criticising Labour on this for election gain is a cheap shot.

Yeah - but it's the government's fault see. They should not have closed the airspace... whine whine.

A lot of people don't know how to deal with what the world flings - they want someone else to deal with it for them.

Right - I'm off for a ride- it's a lovely day out there.
But you have rain...

jm.mack
24-Apr-10, 10:40
Whining about it ain't gonna change it. I was due back onshore last Wednesday and hope to fly back onshore this evening. With one of our helicopters going for inspection due to possible ash findings I'm prepared to sit it out..........